AA adds 2nd daily CLT-LHR flight

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does a retired revenue management turned missionary have to use the classification insult?

Show me in exact words where I stated airlines don't interline if they aren't in an alliance together?

You are making crap up, and if you don't care about my work experience, why keep calling me a lav dumper?

Oh I know as when you are losing a debate you have to insult and change the subject.

Bet you are a hit in the jungle!

Keep up the lies and insults, now go run to the mods and tattletale again. Maybe I will just call MO and show them the real you?

Reactions: 1 person
it's not a classification insult.

did you dump lavs or no?

if you wrote int'l tickets, then you would know that non-alliance airlines interline between each other.

It's not secret and it's not rocket science.

You specifically said that LH wouldn't connect passengers to DL in ATL and would instead use UA via ATL.

You parroted the exact alliance bias that LH has on its website but which does not necessarily apply in real life.

So, since you seem know it all, does LH walk away from the business that they can only connect over ATL on DL?

Given that there is so much German business in the SE and US is now out of Star, LH has NO CHOICE but to sell interline connections or lose a whole lot more business.

Once again, why do you feel the need to call me a lav dumper, you are trying to insult me and imply I dont know anything.

Dude, I have done plenty in my airline career, did you dump a lav when you were in ACS?

And once again, show me the exact wording where I said LH doesnt interline with non-star members?

I have done everything on the operational side except fix a plane or fly them.

I have worked Air Cargo, Ramp, CSA, Utility, Stores and been a Trainer, have you called me any of those job titles I held?

My words:

Why would LH route them to ATL when LH doesnt fly non-stop to MUC?

No one wants to triple connect when they can go on a non-stop or a one stop.

And LH wont funnel traffic from someone in a different alliance or not in a JV unless they have too.

All their connections from ATL to MUC are on UA through IAH.

LH doesnt fly to MUC from ATL, they will funnel them to a city that has service.

Gee look a qualifier!

jcw said:
And now DL is better than AA/US in Germany - I guess we have moved on from DL rules Asia to now DL rules Germany

Does it ever end
As WT has previously pointed out, DL is the largest U.S.A.-based  airline in Germany outside of FRA.
Translation:  DL is second fidle to UA/LH in Germany.

ATL and CLT must be small stations for LH, single flight to FRA (ATL) and MUC (CLT). I bet they don't have their own lounge facilities either. Point is carriers have long interlined with non-aligned and carriers in competing alliances.

Josh

WorldTraveler said:
Given that there is so much German business in the SE and US is now out of Star, LH has NO CHOICE but to sell interline connections or lose a whole lot more business.
I doubt LH would sell interline connections on DL via ATL.  They still have the option of 1-stop to Germany (MUC & FRA) from the SE USA via IAD/EWR on UA.
Ofcourse, WT doesn't 'grasp' this because according to him it's DL uber alles.

Reactions: 2 people
FrugalFlyerv2.0 said:
DL is the largest U.S.A.-based  airline in Germany outside of FRA.
Translation:  DL is second fidle to UA/LH in Germany.

Don't forget that Delta is also the largest airline in OKC that's headquartered in the eastern time zone, and the largest carrier in COS that once flew Convair 880s, among various other luminary superlatives!

:rolleyes:

Reactions: 4 people
no, they don't have that option because UA doesn't serve several of the cities in the SE where German automakers have plants.

LH DOES interline via ATL on DL if they have to. As in any joint venture, their preferred partner is UA. but given that UA is not that strong in the SE and much of their service is via 50 seat RJs, I am certain that are LH customers who say they would rather double connect or take a connection thru ATL on a large RJ or even mainline connecting to LH.

The option is to lose the business to DL.

LH would rather give up the intra-US part in order to retain the long-haul traffic than to lose it all.

good thing they know how to run their business.

Don't forget that Delta is also the largest airline in OKC that's headquartered in the eastern time zone, and the largest carrier in COS that once flew Convair 880s, among various other luminary superlatives!

yeah.

that

was my response to this:

If AA was so inclined - and I'm not suggesting they are or would be - they could fairly easily (it seems to me) come in and gradually build up a relatively small longhaul/transcon operation at IAD tailored primarily to local O&D, with no more than probably 20-25 daily flights to 10-15 cities (LHR, CDG, FRA, BRU, AMS, LAX, SFO, SEA, SAN, LAS, GRU, etc.). As AA was building up this IAD presence, it could heavily promote this "comprehensive" travel offering to D.C.-area corporate/premium customers, leveraging the strength of the DCA network combined with a IAD network offering sufficient frequency to the "most important" longhaul markets. In that situation - what would United do to respond? I honestly don't know what United could do that would not end up doing just as much damage, if not more, to United than it would to AA.

just curious if you are subjected to regular drug testing?

WorldTraveler said:
LH DOES interline via ATL on DL if they have to. As in any joint venture, their preferred partner is UA. but given that UA is not that strong in the SE and much of their service is via 50 seat RJs, I am certain that are LH customers who say they would rather double connect or take a connection thru ATL on a large RJ or even mainline connecting to LH.

Unless you have some evidence / proof I'm gonna call big giant  B.S. on this.

LH doesn't fly to GSP to MUC, see the BMW plant is nearest to GSP, passengers drive to CLT or they fly US to CLT.

feel free to.

there actually is data from the US DOT that shows that approx. 10% of LH's FRA-ATL traffic connects in ATL to DL.
would you like ketchup with your crow?

That's hysterical coming from the person who suggested - with a straight face, I must assume - that Delta is going to "win in N. Texas."  Pot, meet kettle.  I swear some people have absolutely no sense of irony.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - that being of course the fact that AA will soon be flying three daily flights from North Carolina to London, and yet Delta is the second largest U.S. carrier in Germany.  :rolleyes:

Reactions: 2 people
WorldTraveler said:
yeah.that:rolleyes:was my response to this:If AA was so inclined - and I'm not suggesting they are or would be - they could fairly easily (it seems to me) come in and gradually build up a relatively small longhaul/transcon operation at IAD tailored primarily to local O&D, with no more than probably 20-25 daily flights to 10-15 cities (LHR, CDG, FRA, BRU, AMS, LAX, SFO, SEA, SAN, LAS, GRU, etc.). As AA was building up this IAD presence, it could heavily promote this "comprehensive" travel offering to D.C.-area corporate/premium customers, leveraging the strength of the DCA network combined with a IAD network offering sufficient frequency to the "most important" longhaul markets. In that situation - what would United do to respond? I honestly don't know what United could do that would not end up doing just as much damage, if not more, to United than it would to AA.just curious if you are subjected to regular drug testing?
did u? 10% is not much when compared to ua via ewr or ord US at CLT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts