AA BK Decision Tues. 20th Sept.?

Goey

Advanced
Aug 19, 2010
Got this text from a fellow AA DFW line Mechanic, can anyone confirm or provide anymore info.
Fwd: Hey Dave, Larry XXXX just walled through Alliance n said I quote. American Airlines will decide next Tuesday on filling for bankruptcie. (name removed fill in the blank)

They are just sticking to the playbook. Ratchet up the fear,get more concessions. Shop steward had midnights huddled up for a "cup of fear" last night. Wait, a base guy on midnights? Nah, can`t be.

As the old saying goes "Either Sh%T or get off the bowl :rolleyes: "
:rolleyes: AA has been playing this card for so long , finally we could put an end to this bankruptcy stupidity !!!

AMP IT UP !!! :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Got this text from a fellow AA DFW line Mechanic, can anyone confirm or provide anymore info.
Fwd: Hey Dave, Larry XXXX just walled through Alliance n said I quote. American Airlines will decide next Tuesday on filling for bankruptcie. (name removed fill in the blank)

Oh my God - the drama!! By the 20th, I'll have my fingernails chewed down to the second knuckle by then - NOT!!

Why the 20th? Are we about to have another "hurry-up-and-vote-with-your-telephone" type of thing and an "OHMYGOD" presentation from our "representation" that holds our interests dear to their hearts and works to our benefit?

Of course, there will be the repeat of 2003 with the lawyers on the courthouse steps anxiously awaiting a call as to whether or not to proceed - "and a hush fell over the land" ..., etc., et al, yada, yada ... Bring it on, bozos - you want more concessions? Work for them.

I can't and won't attempt to speak for anyone else but I'm not fond of the drama games. I had an ex-wife that lived that way (and expected all around her to fall into line also) and during the 12 years of my life I wasted on that ####, I learned how that game is played - she prepped me very well for the 2003 BS. I called it BS then and I call BS now. With me, whatever might be presented to "save the company" is DOA.

If it turns out they actually do file (which I can't imagine due to ego/control mania issues with those involved), they will at least have worked for the concessions they demanded rather than having them handed to them on a silver platter, having done nothing but make threats as usual.

Screw them with that bagful of rusty tire tools (I believe I saw a few bricks in that bag with very sharp corners, also).

Reactions: 3 people
I can't believe so many can get so worked up so quickly over nothing.

Whether or not AA ever files, line mechanics at DFW won't be the first source of info about the AA board meeting at which the filing is authorized.

I can't believe so many can get so worked up so quickly over nothing.

Whether or not AA ever files, line mechanics at DFW won't be the first source of info about the AA board meeting at which the filing is authorized.

Rumors and lies get VERY old VERY quickly anymore. Since you haven't any skin in the game I see why it would be difficult for you to understand why we anger so quickly when a group of educated idiots conspire against us.

Granted - this was nothing more than a rumor started by, I believe, a "union" person, no doubt by direction from the company or little jimmy.

Stick to providing your numbers and "facts".

Rumors rumors rumors. I believe it when it happens.
Who cares anyway?

Rumors and lies get VERY old VERY quickly anymore. Since you haven't any skin in the game I see why it would be difficult for you to understand why we anger so quickly when a group of educated idiots conspire against us.

Granted - this was nothing more than a rumor started by, I believe, a "union" person, no doubt by direction from the company or little jimmy.

Stick to providing your numbers and "facts".

Frank, being angry is justified, but believing every rumor uttered and conspiracy theory floated is a waste of your energy.

There have been almost as many predictions of "AA is going to file bankruptcy next Tuesday" as there have been predictions that "the Int's is going to sign the TA for us next Friday without further ratification".

I learned a long time ago to worry only about what I had control over. The rest just needs to be dealt with as it happens.

Reactions: 2 people
Well American isn't going to file for the twu or apfa, so I guess they're not making any headway in DC . Glad to hear of the Sep. 20th deadline, I think I'll run up my credit cards this weekend.

Frank, being angry is justified, but believing every rumor uttered and conspiracy theory floated is a waste of your energy.

There have been almost as many predictions of "AA is going to file bankruptcy next Tuesday" as there have been predictions that "the Int's is going to sign the TA for us next Friday without further ratification".

I learned a long time ago to worry only about what I had control over. The rest just needs to be dealt with as it happens.

Having control or not and realizing it is one thing - it's the gamesmanship/rollplaying I've come to hate with a passion.

It would be rather difficult to explain my feelings on that subject without running afoul of this board's rules and numerous laws, not to mention my feelings re: the best way to deal with those who choose to act that way - enough said.

Not upset over the rumors at all - actually, I find them rather amusing. It's the malicious intent behind them by the company (expected) and their pet union (which I'm paying for).

Come to think of it, Tuesday seems to be a rather important day in the grand scheme of things. Is not Tuesday the day when Wimpy always promised the repayment of a hamburger loan?

Isn't Tuesday the day when the lawyers were "waiting for word on the steps"? It wasn't a Friday as that was the day the FAs screwed up their voting and wanted a redo, wasn't it?

Is there some significance to Tuesday I'm not aware of?

Oh oh wait there is more. Same source says the plan is to spin off TUL, AFW, DWH. I love stirring the pot.

Oh oh wait there is more. Same source says the plan is to spin off TUL, AFW, DWH. I love stirring the pot.

Good. Good. It's all good. I hope they do it on Monday.
Why wait till Tuesday. Better yet do it today!!!!

Who's Larry XXXX, Malcolm X's brother?