AA buys LHR slot for $31 million from Cyprus Airways

I left after a career that spanned 3 decades of my own volition with a lovely package of lifetime parting gifts.

Unfortunately for you and others, I also left with a whole lot of industry knowledge.

WorldTraveler said:
I left after a career that spanned 3 decades of my own volition with a lovely package of lifetime parting gifts.

Unfortunately for you and others, I also left with a whole lot of industry knowledge.
keep-calm-i-know-i-m-conceited.png

Reactions: 1 person
conceited or not, when people make statements about factually-based aspects of the information and are wrong, it would be irresponsible to allow that information to remain unchecked.

I wouldn't want or expect anyone to get a pass on the incorrect citation of anything -whether it be the size of the US budget deficit or the altitude of JNB.

If you make factually based statements and they are incorrect, don't expect to be given a pass if what you say is wrong.

WorldTraveler said:
Obviously, DL didn't see much of a need for that industry knowledge anymore.

Anyone got a good lead on where the new slots are going to be used yet?

Reactions: 7 people
I asked the question about the use of the slot pages ago and nothing has come forward.

DL doesn't hold anyone hostage.

I did what I wanted to do and moved on.

Funny thing is that you didn't stay as long as I did, didn't meet any requirements for a retirement package, and yet have the absolute gall to try to put down someone when you did the same thing - yet didn't even get the bennies for walking away.

What a hypocrite.

What an EOlesen.

WorldTraveler said:
I left after a career that spanned 3 decades of my own volition with a lovely package of lifetime parting gifts.Unfortunately for you and others, I also left with a whole lot of industry knowledge.
Seriously, I don't know who you are, I've read some of your posts, but most are so long winded, they're literally not worth the read.
But most of your schtick is Delta is bigger than you are , nah, nah, nah , nah, nah.
Seriously thought you were someone's teenage son, my apologies.

My suggestion , get a hobby.

Reactions: 6 people
WorldTraveler said:

"What kills a skunk is the publicity it gives itself". ~Abraham Lincoln

Reactions: 3 people
WorldTraveler said:
Funny thing is that you didn't stay as long as I did, didn't meet any requirements for a retirement package, and yet have the absolute gall to try to put down someone when you did the same thing - yet didn't even get the bennies for walking away.
There's really no comparison in getting incentives to leave, and being recruited away.

While you're filling up the internet with all your knowledge, I'm still getting paid to apply mine.

Your career "spanning three decades" was actually 22 years. At least that's what your real-world bio says. My time in the industry certainly exceeds that, and is still accruing.

Rest assured, I'm quite happy with my decision to change employers sans incentives. I know it's paid out far more than the cash value of your buyout.

Reactions: 5 people
There's really no comparison in getting incentives to leave, and being recruited away.

Your career "spanning three decades" was actually 22 years. At least that's what your real-world bio says.

Rest assured, my time in the industry exceeds that and is still accruing.
if you were really as good as you think you are, AA would have held onto you.

they didn't.

If I wanted to stay in the industry, I would have.

And I don't slight you for moving to an airline industry supplier. you don't work for an airline any longer nor do you have the benefits that come from putting in a full career.

with the slot becoming avail how good would 1 slot from PHX to LHR be on AA vs BA  time wise
thank you, robbed for demonstrating the maturity to refrain from personal attacks and focus on the issue.

Why not an AA operated SFO-LHR flight?

AA used to operate SFO-LHR at one time, didn't they?

without having to dig up the data, why wasn't that flight successful - or did it never actually exist?

WorldTraveler said:
if you were really as good as you think you are, AA would have held onto you.
AA couldn't match the offer. I would have been higher paid than my boss's boss.

Reactions: 1 person
great.. glad you got lots of money and ran.

I hold nothing against you.

If you are happy with what you do, I have no reason to not wish you the best.

Just understand that you chose to quit working for an airline while some of us left at the conclusion of a career and received the benefits for sticking around and finishing what we set out to do.

My bosses knew 8 years before I left what I wanted to do and were totally supportive of my plans and my work while there until the day I left.

I can respect what you do and have acknowledged your expertise. Not sure why it is so hard for you to reciprocate.

to the topic, did AA ever operate SFO-LHR or no?