AA buys LHR slot for $31 million from Cyprus Airways

WorldTraveler said:
I left nothing out.

BA is not selling FC.

I didn't bring LH into the discussion.

The fact that LH is doing it might make it a bit more rational for do it but the whole notion that there is huge amounts of paid first class demand is just not as much as some people want to believe.
And yet this is about American Airlines, it is an American Airlines forum is it not?

Dont see British Airways title in the forum?

Reactions: 1 person
I can't tell you how many times I have read that what BA has in the LHR market matters to AA because they are JV partners.

In fact, it was mentioned regarding the SFO, PHX routes just a few posts ago.

eolesen said:
What I (and others) question is your present-day activities, particularly the incessant cheerleading for the airline (and the industry) you left, and your need for self-praise/congratulation/promotion.

I don't need to bother firing up the thread/post counter right now, but I'll guess that you alone account for between 25-30% of the content on both the AA and WN forum, and probably >50% of the content on the DL forum (absent the lone IAM thread).

You like to think that everyone disagrees with you, when the reality is probably closer to people being tired of seeing your endless parade of self-righteous posts.

Just imagine "three decades" of that at Delta.  It wasn't so much a "buyout" as it was a budget increase for the employee assistance program.

Reactions: 3 people
in the meantime, DOT data shows that in the most recently reported quarter, DL carried MORE REVENUE on its own metal from LHR than AA did.

a little upstart airline at LHR in the space of what, 5 years, is now outcarrying AA who spent hundreds of millions of dollars and had a multi-year headstart.

in fact, in the key JFK-LHR market, DL carried 99.6% of the revenue that AA carried in the local
market revenue, each on their own metal

and DL's LAX-LHR route hasn't even begun!

wow, just wow!

WorldTraveler said:
.I'd be happy to back down from my positions if other people would be willing to say, "you just might have a point there, WT. It might be wise for us to hold our enthusiasm and our criticism until it becomes just a little more apparent how well this all shakes out."think you could be part of changing the environment of how this board operates?
Seriously?
Dude, look in the mirror, the same could apply to every post you have on this board.
You sir, are not well.
I know a great way for you to be a big part of the changing the environment of how this board operates.
What would it take to get you take a little vaca from this forum?

Reactions: 4 people
I take vacations- but OF MY CHOOSING.

I have also acknowledged when others have expertise. but if they say something that can be proven one way or another based on facts and the facts say otherwise, I'm going to question it.

I'm feeling great today - in every possible way.

WorldTraveler said:
in the meantime, DOT data shows that in the most recently reported quarter, DL carried MORE REVENUE on its own metal from LHR than AA did.

a little upstart airline at LHR in the space of what, 5 years, is now outcarrying AA who spent hundreds of millions of dollars and had a multi-year headstart.

in fact, in the key JFK-LHR market, DL carried 99.6% of the revenue that AA carried in the local
market revenue, each on their own metal

Nothing to see here...

In that time span, BA took over all of AA's BOS/LHR flights.

In the last year, BA took over, at least temporarily, one of AA's JFK/LHR flights.

Reactions: 2 people
LDVAviation said:
Nothing to see here...

In the last year, BA took over, at least temporarily, one of AA's JFK/LHR flights.

Man AA is screwed.  Delta rules again!

:rolleyes:

Reactions: 3 people
Nothing to see here...

true... so the JV can generate more revenue when it is served by BA aircraft rather than AA's?

let's also keep in mind that DL uses 767s from JFK, a far cheaper aircraft than the 777s that AA uses.

If DL can get that kind of revenue using 767s from JFK and nearly an entirely 767 operation on a year round basis (there are a couple 777s in the schedule this summer), then it shouldn't be too hard to figure how is making more money with same revenue but lower costs.

I vote or AA metal at SFO. Ax one of BA's two flights and hammer in on the incredible wealth and business opportunities present in the Bay Area. It would also be nice to hit UA while they are down and show we are on longer afraid to fight and make some inroads when possible to others territories. All this focus on Cornerstones was a big part of what brought us to the steps of the BK court. Delta is doing it-and doing it well. AA still has a large pool of top tier fliers here-echoing from the past dominance at SJC...Id love to see them back on us and continue building in a market where there is so much to be gained-everyone out here is rich.....;-)

Latest posts