AA employees got shares for what reason?

zflygrl said:
Sorry I have been gone on the road.....my response to this post is:

And why should you get or be entitled to any equity distribution.....your lose was with "the
Old AA" not the "new AA"......I believe that is called check mate.....mate. When you gave concessions to keep the old AA from falling out of the sky it was YOUR choice to do so... Now you get a hand out from the new AA like some street person selling a sob story....it makes no sense and I think it could be argued in court as a bribe or an illegal enhancement...
Let's face it....now a days you can sue a ham sandwich and while your in court nothing gets done.....no contracts.....no agreements.....nada.....
Remember while AA was riding high and egos grew....other fellow pilots and FAs at other airlines lost their....butts....it amazes me that the people at the old AA feel they have the right to step on the futures of the employees of the company that acquired SAID AIRLINE.
So play nice......or I will have to call nanny and send you all to bed without your supper.....lol
They're entitled because it is what was negotiated. Plain and simple. Why is it so hard for others to see?

zflygrl said:

And why should you get or be entitled to any equity distribution.....your lose was with "the
Old AA" not the "new AA"......I believe that is called check mate.....mate. When you gave concessions to keep the old AA from falling out of the sky it was YOUR choice to do so... Now you get a hand out from the new AA like some street person selling a sob story....it makes no sense and I think it could be argued in court as a bribe or an illegal enhancement...
Let's face it....now a days you can sue a ham sandwich and while your in court nothing gets done.....no contracts.....no agreements.....nada.....
Remember while AA was riding high and egos grew....other fellow pilots and FAs at other airlines lost their....butts....it amazes me that the people at the old AA feel they have the right to step on the futures of the employees of the company that acquired SAID AIRLINE.
So play nice......or I will have to call nanny and send you all to bed without your supper.....lol

Listen "Bimbette", I'll never go back into the galley thinking I have a greater education level or financial business sense and education compared to anyone that might be standing in the galley, because in many cases they exceed mine. However, in your case, you appear to be mentally challenged on the most basic common sense level given the current situation and I truly hope that one day you educate yourself beyond that of what "Fancy Feast" dinner is best for your cat or which headboard causes the least bruising at the typical LCC motel.

Here at AA we have a department called E.A.P.
If she continues in this manner while at work dealing with fellow employees and passengers then the E.A.P. people can assist her.

zflygrl said:

US/AA is a merger not an acquisition. Why are you so insistent on stirring up animosity between AA and US employees. 

The stock grants were part of BK deal to cover the approximate immediate losses incurred by legacy AA employees. The deal was between those affected by the BK of AA. US was not part of the AA BK so therefore no stock to US employees.

zflygrl said:
..it amazes me that the people at the old AA feel they have the right to step on the futures of the employees of the company that acquired SAID AIRLINE.
ACQUIRED airline?  Better read the headlines of the past!

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-mo-american-airlines-us-airways-merger-20131209,0,4763424.story#axzz2qY1I1T6p

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/airline-industry/20131230-american-us-airways-merger-is-airline-industrys-biggest-story-of-2013.ece

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-12-09/business/chi-american-airlines-merger-20131209_1_us-airways-ceo-ceo-doug-parker-united-airlines

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-12-09/business/chi-american-airlines-merger-20131209_1_us-airways-ceo-ceo-doug-parker-united-airlines

Now, after you are done with your supper, young lady, there is no TV or snacks for you until you learn the difference between ACQUISITION and MERGER.

BTW, I'll be thinking of you when I cash in my equity distribution. 

Mach85ER said:

Listen "Bimbette", I'll never go back into the galley thinking I have a greater education level or financial business sense and education compared to anyone that might be standing in the galley, because in many cases they exceed mine. However, in your case, you appear to be mentally challenged on the most basic common sense level given the current situation and I truly hope that one day you educate yourself beyond that of what "Fancy Feast" dinner is best for your cat or which headboard causes the least bruising at the typical LCC motel.
Can anyone say "trolling?"

Listen "Bimbette", I'll never go back into the galley thinking I have a greater education level or financial business sense and education compared to anyone that might be standing in the galley, because in many cases they exceed mine. However, in your case, you appear to be mentally challenged on the most basic common sense level given the current situation and I truly hope that one day you educate yourself beyond that of what "Fancy Feast" dinner is best for your cat or which headboard causes the least bruising at the typical LCC motel.[/quote]

Do you even know what the definition of a Bimbette is? If you did you would know you just called me a slut.....sound like sexual harassment and or slander to me.....and you put it in writing.....now who is mentally challenged....never put anything like that in writing..... And I don't work in the galley....

Mach.......

I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.

William F. Buckley, Jr.

Do you even know what the definition of a Bimbette is? If you did you would know you just called me a slut.....sound like sexual harassment and or slander to me.....and you put it in writing.....now who is mentally challenged....never put anything like that in writing..... And I don't work in the galley....
Mach.......
I won't insult your intelligence by suggesting that you really believe what you just said.
William F. Buckley, Jr.[/quote]

Ooh, ouch! You got him! This thread is a waste of time. You clearly can't understand the answer to your own question.

zflygrl said:

Didn't you get equity distributions from the 1st USAIR BK?
ESOP stock N'Chit?
B) xUT

FWAAA said:

I'm sorry, but the historian in me forces me to point out that the rejected LBFO contained the 13.5% equity claim:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/06/23/business/american-airlines-and-pilots-union-are-close-to-accord.html?_r=0

The UCC wasn't too happy that Horton offered the pilots the equity, as they had no idea that new AA would make them whole - they thought that the pilots' stock would come out of their allocation.   Of course, nobody knew that new AA would have a market cap of about $14 billion (that's the current value of the 72% portion).   

My back of the envelope calculation shows the pilots' 13.5% claim worth about $1.9 billion today, so you should be getting more than $100k on average.   

The Equity is negotiated with the Creditors Committee, not the airline.

The 13.5% claim is not based on the value of the airline, but to give a recovery of loses incurred in the 1113. The value received by the Creditors doesn't change due to the value of the airline, unless it goes below the threshold needed to give everyone their 100% recovery. The only group that will get more value as the airline's value rises are the legacy AA stockholders.

NYer said:

The Equity is negotiated with the Creditors Committee, not the airline.

The 13.5% claim is not based on the value of the airline, but to give a recovery of loses incurred in the 1113. The value received by the Creditors doesn't change due to the value of the airline, unless it goes below the threshold needed to give everyone their 100% recovery. The only group that will get more value as the airline's value rises are the legacy AA stockholders.
Of course!!

We didnt do an ESOP, that was UA.

And the ones who had US stock in their 401k lost it or got pennies for it.

Back