AA hiring P/T FSC and Agents for ORD

IORFA

Veteran
Feb 7, 2003
Just got an HI6B message, you know the ones you rarely read.

21APR06/1612
TO ALL CREWMEMBERS
SUBJECT - HIRING AT AA IN CHICAGO
AMERICAN IS HIRING PART TIME AGENTS AND PART TIME FLEET SERVICE
CLERKS. IF YOU KNOW ANYONE THAT IS INTERESTED, PLEASE HAVE
THEM LOG ONTO AA.COM AND CLICK ON AA CAREERS AT THE BOTTOM
OF THE PAGE
IN ADDITION, PROSPECT IS HIRING APPROXIMATELY 150 PEOPLE IN
ANTICIPATION OF THE HEAVY SUMMER LOADS. THEY WILL BE ASSISTING
WITH UNACCOMPANIED MINORS, WHEELCHAIR ASSISTS, AND/OR BAGGAGE
HANDLERS. THEY WILL NEED TO CALL 773 686 0256 FOR INFORMATION
ON APPLYING.
MARY SERAFIN, FLT SVC ORD, 4/21/06
Does this need to be offered system wide to any furloughed people first? Just curious. They probably were offered and said NO. I also wonder if these are permanent jobs. Last summer, they had college students working through Prospect helping the agents. Mostly when I saw them they were there to pull tickets on international flights and they then didn't need our help. Seemed like a waste of money to pay someone to do the job we could have done for them, since we are already paid to be there.

It does mean that the options were offered to all employees being furloghed at the time. There are agents still out on furlough but these openings arent offered to them, but they do have the ability to put in the transfers, they just need to keep checking for agent vacancies. I guess because Chicago is kind of expensive, most out on furlough still are at the low end of the pay scale..the 10-12 dollars an hour..probably they can't afford it.

Too funny, they are talking about another RIF here at LGA.

Seems we're still overstaffed, so there are rumors flying of a RIF in time for Memorial Day.I love this company, start of the summer travel season and they are going to cut heads. :up:

Running close to if not beyond a thousand man hours of overtime a week here just to plug the holes in this new system they've implemented, but there are too many boots on the ground here...