AA jet has blown tire on take off from LAX

Another slow news day.

Absolutely! What's the big deal? Quite a few times over the years I have seen an aircraft taxi in with a blown tire, and after speaking with inbound flight crew, the pilots stated they didn't know they had a blown tire...

I guess a few passengers never turned off their cellphones when they were instructed to....One or two called the local news stations to report the "Near death experience" they were living through...

I have to say, after watching footage on CNN, their cameras trained on any and every AA flight landing at LAX, I have never seen so many perfect 'text book' landings. Having been aboard many AA flights, of all things AA should realize about their pilots, it's that they have some of the, if not the best in the industry. I have yet to have what I would call a bad landing on any AA flight.

The men and women up front sure know what they are doing, and regardless of the bad press the media tried to give AA for a silly blown tire, all those smooth landings provided some pretty good P.R. value!

I like this one "Id rather fly with a lucky pilot than a good one"!LOL

I have to say, after watching footage on CNN, their cameras trained on any and every AA flight landing at LAX, I have never seen so many perfect 'text book' landings. Having been aboard many AA flights, of all things AA should realize about their pilots, it's that they have some of the, if not the best in the industry. I have yet to have what I would call a bad landing on any AA flight.
Auto-pilot is a wonderful thing when it is working.

Pilots are landing 737s on auto-pilot?

First, thank you for saying what you said about our pilots.

Second, no, AA's 737's do not have auto-land capability.

I have been in the cockpit for thousands of landings at AA, and only two have been performed by the auto-pilot. Both were flight confidence checks and both were completed in clear-and-a-million conditions.

Latest posts