AA management moves into TWU Top spot

Bob Owens

Veteran
Sep 9, 2002
With the illness of OBrien Jim Little has moved into the Presidents spot of the TWU. Now its official, AA management has taken over the TWU.

Here is Jim Littles Bio from the Internationals website. I added a few things that for some reason were missing. The additions are in Bold

.http://www.twu.org/about/officers/little.html

James Little was unanimously elected TWU's International Executive Vice President September 21, 2004 by the International Executive Council. He was then elected to a full four year term to that post by TWU's 22nd Constitutional Convention in September 2005. Jim, who also serves as TWU's Air Transport Division Director, has a strong technical background and has extensive experience in negotiations, arbitrations, and organizing. Negotiated industry leading concessions at AA that reduced pay by 17.5%, brought the minimum amount of vacation down to one week per year, lowered night shift pay to 2 cents per hour, eliminated holiday pay, double time and overtime for hours in excess of 8 and scores of other industry leading concessions. Under Jim Littles leadership the TWU is engaged in the Joint Leaadership Program, a union busting scam where the union assists the company in gaining further concesions through productivity improvements without getting the members anything in return. The JLP negates any neccissity for conducting costly negotiations and saves the TWU lots of money, money that can be used for raises for International officers who may not be able to double-dip much longer.
Jim has been serving TWU in numerous capacities for more than nearly three decades, including: TWU Local 540 Section Chairman for three years; President of TWU Local 542--Aircraft Dispatchers & Meteorologists--for 12 years; TWU International Representative for 7 years, and Air Transport Division and TWU International Administrative Vice President since 2001. Member of AA management for seven years.
He became a member of TWU in 1971 after hiring on in Fleet Service for American Airlines after service to the nation as an AMT (even though the title AMT was not created until 1999, Jim Little does not possess an A&P) and Crew Chief for the U.S. Air Force's Strategic Air Command.

As Air Transport Director, Jim oversees 44 ATD Local affiliates, 11 Government Service contracts, and 31 Airline Contracts.

He holds BA in Aeronautics, an MS in Aviation Technology, from Columbia State University*, a New York State Teacher's License **, and an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate.

Prior to American, he worked as an Overhaul Mechanic for Central Aviation Inc. and for Pan Am World Services as an Instructor.

*for more info on Columbia State University see http://adulted.about.com/cs/fasttrackoptio...creditation.htm

http://www.highered.nysed.gov/tcert/certificate/index.html

I think it is time for an overthrowing of the TWU International "leadership". A BIG and FAT management RAT is now the acting president of the TWU. The good union members of the TWU need to surround and take over the TWU International headquarters and throw these "bums" on the street!

With the illness of OBrien Jim Little has moved into the Presidents spot of the TWU.

Here is Jim Littles Bio from the Internationals website.

James Little was unanimously elected TWU's International Executive Vice President September 21, 2004 by the International Executive Council. He was then elected to a full four year term to that post by TWU's 22nd Constitutional Convention in September 2005. Jim, who also serves as TWU's Air Transport Division Director, has a strong technical background and has extensive experience in negotiations, arbitrations, and organizing.

Jim has been serving TWU in numerous capacities for more than nearly three decades, including: TWU Local 540 Section Chairman for three years; President of TWU Local 542--Aircraft Dispatchers & Meteorologists--for 12 years; TWU International Representative for 7 years, and Air Transport Division and TWU International Administrative Vice President since 2001.
He became a member of TWU in 1971 after hiring on in Fleet Service for American Airlines after service to the nation as an AMT and Crew Chief for the U.S. Air Force's Strategic Air Command.

As Air Transport Director, Jim oversees 44 ATD Local affiliates, 11 Government Service contracts, and 31 Airline Contracts.

He holds BA in Aeronautics, an MS in Aviation Technology, a New York State Teacher's License, and an FAA Aircraft Dispatcher certificate.

Prior to American, he worked as an Overhaul Mechanic for Central Aviation Inc. and for Pan Am World Services as an Instructor.

It sounds like Mr. Little is well qualified to represent the TWU in this capacity. I wish Mr. Obrien the best, and a speedy recovery...

What's the matter bob.......jealous?

It sounds like Mr. Little is well qualified to represent the TWU in this capacity. I wish Mr. Obrien the best, and a speedy recovery...

You are correct!

Any person who once claimed in writing that the TWU Constitution required membership ratification of changes or amendments to the collective bargaining agreement, and then later testified in Federal Court that the "long standing interpetation" of the Consitution does NOT require membership ratification of changes or amendments is indeed plenty qualified to run a dictatorship union like the TWU.

You and I finally agree High Speed Steel.

Problem is, a great qaulified leader in TWU Unionism is not really good news for the freedom fighting member.

Maybe now the Bus Drivers in New York City will get a without further ratification labor agreement and the citizens will no longer be bothered by workers fighting for a decent wage and health benefits.

Well, I guess I could say "be careful for what you wish for"... Many posters on here have probably wished or prayed that Jim would no longer be head of the ATD. Looks like you got your wish, but it's probably not what you had in mind.

Bigger question is who do you think will replace Jim at ATD? Someone like Yingst or Connelly, someone else inside ATD, or someone outside ATD?

Well, I guess I could say "be careful for what you wish for"... Many posters on here have probably wished or prayed that Jim would no longer be head of the ATD. Looks like you got your wish, but it's probably not what you had in mind.

Bigger question is who do you think will replace Jim at ATD? Someone like Yingst or Connelly, someone else inside ATD, or someone outside ATD?

I would assume it would be Mr. Yingst, to fulfill the ATD position. I'm quite certain the ATD position will not be filled by a real estate tycoon, or a guy named bob...

Well, high speed steel has braved the brightness of the sun to come out and post.

Bob is not jealous. Bob has a point. Is anyone in the TWU ATD International elected by the entire ATD membership? What is the answer to this important question? ;)

I heard the ATD position was going to go to KIRK WELLS or DENNIS BURCHETTE.

PRICELESS! SIMPLY PRICELESS!

Where exactly has kirky been lately?

"To the doors and stop!" "To the doors and stop!"

Well, high speed steel has braved the brightness of the sun to come out and post.

Bob is not jealous. Bob has a point. Is anyone in the TWU ATD International elected by the entire ATD membership? What is the answer to this important question? ;)
PRICELESS! SIMPLY PRICELESS!

Where exactly has kirky been lately?

"To the doors and stop!" "To the doors and stop!"

Hi ken, What point exactly did you say bob was trying to make? How long have you worked for AA? How long have you been represented by the BA? You know, the TWU. Have you ever heard of the Constituntional Convention? It is a gathering of elected individuals from within the bargaining unit. They take forward the agenda of the represented body of the membership. You know, the majority! They who carry the voice of the membership to this convention. You should really educate yourself before spewing rhetoric about a topic you apparentley know little about. Join a real union you will be alot happier ;)

This may help......See below

He was then elected to a full four year term to that post by TWU's 22nd Constitutional Convention in September 2005.

Latest posts