TWU negotiations.........what?

I'm sure your being facetious but there is a lot of confusion about abrogating a contract. The compAAny has made requests in the 1113(c) to change very specific articles in the CBA. If granted, only those requested articles can be amended and all the others remain the same, as in article 38, no? Many think the whole contract is trashed and the term sheets replace it. I don't think so.

Ask the twu - they'll always tell us the truth - they're on our side.

Now - excuse me whilst I go puke.

Or workers are glad to show up for the lower pay, but cannot do the safety related work properly and within the required scope needed for survival and therefore it self destructs.

The bean counter math, never factors in the human element to the job. Math is nothing more than comparing cost to the competitions cost.

The TWU and American Airlines are about to make a serious error in judgement, that I believe will have a severe negative outcome.

Suggestion if you are still around after this is passed.
Spend all of your efforts preparing to move on within 4-5 years if not sooner
If it comes to that, in four years I can collect my pension and my first will be out of college, my youngest will just be starting but my pension can cover that while I go out and get a different job.

I'm sure your being facetious but there is a lot of confusion about abrogating a contract. The compAAny has made requests in the 1113(c) to change very specific articles in the CBA. If granted, only those requested articles can be amended and all the others remain the same, as in article 38, no? Many think the whole contract is trashed and the term sheets replace it. I don't think so.
We were told that abrogation meant NO CONTRACT. No Just Cause, No article 38 as well, However if the court approved the abrogation based upon the Term sheet the company claimed they needed to surivive, or in AAs case make $3 billion a year in profits, and the company were to impose harsher terms then the Union would have a good arguement that constitutes a viloation of the status quo and we would be free to self help.

From what I've read companiues usually dont go hog wild because they dont want to incite a labor backlash, they want labor to consent to a contract because most creditors are not going to fork over credit to someone with open contracts. They want to be assured of labor peace.

We were told that abrogation meant NO CONTRACT. No Just Cause, No article 38 as well, However if the court approved the abrogation based upon the Term sheet the company claimed they needed to surivive, or in AAs case make $3 billion a year in profits, and the company were to impose harsher terms then the Union would have a good arguement that constitutes a viloation of the status quo and we would be free to self help.

From what I've read companiues usually dont go hog wild because they dont want to incite a labor backlash, they want labor to consent to a contract because most creditors are not going to fork over credit to someone with open contracts. They want to be assured of labor peace.

Well it is a foregone conclusion that if Article 38 is in jeopardy, then the real vote count does not matter.

This vote will pass.

No way TWU is going to allow voluntary dues payment to this POS Union.

Or maybe we can elect Romney and eliminate the minimum wage and then we all can work several jobs! Romney can then fill the NMB with more of Larry Gibbons' buddies from AIRCON who will never recommend that anybody ever gets released, unless of course the carrier requests it.

Otherwise good post.

And I am chastised for a little line/oh fight. So now Informer and Bob Owens are going to escalate it to a national level.

And I am chastised for a little line/oh fight. So now Informer and Bob Owens are going to escalate it to a national level.

Not me. I have no use for any politician so there is nothing to argue about.

All you have to do is start a LINE vs O/H Debate thread and post away.

It isn't the subject matter as much as it is where and when it gets posted.

If you feel compelled to keep division spooled, then by all means start yourself a thread.

Or maybe we can elect Romney and eliminate the minimum wage and then we all can work several jobs! Romney can then fill the NMB with more of Larry Gibbons' buddies from AIRCON who will never recommend that anybody ever gets released, unless of course the carrier requests it.

Otherwise good post.

Bob, in all fairness....OBAMA is president right now....And he was president for most of our negotiations....
Where was Obama? Where is Obama?

His NLRB was able to stop Boeing...But he couldn't use his presidential influence to have us released?????????????

Bob, in all fairness....OBAMA is president right now....And he was president for most of our negotiations....
Where was Obama? Where is Obama?

His NLRB was able to stop Boeing...But he couldn't use his presidential influence to have us released?????????????
If Boeing was stopped they would not be building the 787 in S Carolina ,last I heard they are still building there.

If Boeing was stopped they would not be building the 787 in S Carolina ,last I heard they are still building there.

They reached a deal!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/business/boeing-agrees-on-contract-with-machinists.html

The first airliner rolled out this week I believe.

They reached a deal!

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/01/business/boeing-agrees-on-contract-with-machinists.html

The first airliner rolled out this week I believe.
I remember the REPUBLICONS screaming like stuck pigs over the NLRB complaint.
Thats a good place for the anti union types to apply,they have no union !

I remember the REPUBLICONS screaming like stuck pigs over the NLRB complaint.
Thats a good place for the anti union types to apply,they have no union !

Yea, they were crying foul that Obama made two interim appointments with two pro union NLRB members..
I guess they wouldn't mind if Lorenzo and Icahn were on the board.

FACT:

Supervisors from AFW have been to London and soon to Japan for outsourcing of our widebodies.
I'll try and find out more.

FACT:

Supervisors from AFW have been to London and soon to Japan for outsourcing of our widebodies.
I'll try and find out more.

Management from AFW being trusted to find outside work?......... ROFLMAO ! !....... The same knuckle heads that effed up all the FAR145 work ?..... typical decission making of the powers that be to trust these POS leaders.