Twu

Jim Martin

Aug 15, 2003
TWU Members Demand

Democracy NOW!

There is a crisis all through the TWU. Our International leaders are more interested in their own power than in the power of the Union and the lives of our members. They would rather see our beloved Union smashed and weakened than let Transit Workers democratically run our locals.

The crisis is growing. At first it seemed like isolated cases or personality conflicts, but the evidence keeps coming. TWU members are suffering because of the International power plays. See for yourself.

The whole Airline Division is in turmoil. First the Int’l conducted negotiations and kept elected Local officers out. Then they rammed the AA giveback contract through. When the truth came out about luxurious “golden parachutes†management got, the Int’l reneged on a promise to put the contract up for another vote.
The fact is airlines members are losing faith in the TWU. At American Airlines, almost half the 16,000 mechanics have signed petitions for another union. The AA dispatchers have already filed for a vote to leave, and now baggage handlers are signing cards to go. These drives could mean nearly 30,000 members leaving the TWU.
Finally Sonny Hall springs into action – against TWU local officers. Hall has just suspended elected officers of airlines Locals who criticized the way things are running in the TWU.
It’s not just in airlines. The International removed two top elected officers in Philadelphia just days before the last local election. This opened the door for an International backed candidate to win with just 26% of the vote. Then the International ruled that the Local President can overrule the votes of the elected Executive Board.
In New York, Hall has tried to undermine the elected Local 100 leadership from the day it took office. Just 10 days before the last contract with the NYC Transit Authority, Hall forced a vote on a move led by International officers to split Local 100. Instead of 100% attention on the biggest transit contract in the country, Local 100 had to fight to keep the Union together. The members had enough sense to vote down this breakaway, and the Local had enough strength to win a good contract. But it is a shame to have to fight the bosses and our own International at the same time.
New York. Philly. Airlines. Trains. Buses. Who’s next? TWU Locals are the strength of this Union. Always have been and always will be. TWU members are the strength of our Locals. If the International can take away control of our contract fights and our Executive Board decisions, our Union is not going to have the strength our members need. If Sonny Hall can use his position to retaliate against democratically elected Union leaders, our Union is in trouble. When Hall was Local 100 President, a federal jury found he sponsored “a pattern of suppression of dissent.†Now International President Hall is suppressing dissent all over the TWU.

Enough is enough. A group of rank-and-file activists and elected leaders are getting together in New York City on Saturday, September 6th at 6:00 p.m. If you share our concerns about the direction the International leadership is taking our Union in, we urge you to attend. Please call 212-873-6000 x.2072. RSVP required.

Emergency Meeting!

TWU Members Demand
Democracy NOW!

The Transport Workers Union is in crisis!

There are several drives in the Air Transport Division to leave the TWU, involving almost 30,000 mechanics, dispatchers and baggage handlers
International President Hall has suspended three elected Local Presidents and one Treasurer
The IEC is silent in the face of the crisis

Local leaders from around the country met recently and called for an Emergency Meeting in New York City.

Date: Saturday, Sept. 6, 2003

Time: 6:00 p.m.

Site: TWU Local 100

80 West End Ave. (at 64th St.)

RSVP required. Please call 212-873-6000 x.2072.

For those who think this is a bogus post, I called the number and it is Local 100 office and they confirmed the meeting taking place.

If the dispatchers are successful in getting a new union does that mean Jim Little is gone? I think so!!!

I wonder how they intend to overthrow a dictator using a"meeting" to share concerns?

Sounds weak to me.

SIGN YOUR CARDS AND LEAAVE THE TWU!

Jim this is old news, Does not have to do with any emergency meeting. Sounds good when you add your twist on things and looks good with amfadave being the first to respond.

Just for everyones Information the President of local 100 had been fired more than once and was rejected for Sonny's Position during the last Convention. He was not Qualified and does not believe in the USA flag. Makes you wonder about his motives to be in the limelight!

Also 99% of the TWU Presidents and e-board members did not have a problem with removing these two at local 562. Even the members in Tulsa voted to have a Shop Stewart removed this week because he had a oppurtunity to redeem himself and choose not to.

Oh. By the way Sonny only filed the charges, A trial committee is established and the results are submitted to the Executive board for reveiw and vote. Their is procedures set up to protect the innocent. But amfadave knows all about the procedures they just like to lie and say half-truths this is what they are famous for!

Picture taken outside TWU Headquarters the day of Local 562 President's Kangaroo Court Hearing.

Remember, according to the TWU Faithful, it is everyone else's fault that so many TWU members are disgruntled, it should never be said that the TWU Leadership and the TWU Structure are the problem.

THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEONE ELSE TO BLAME!

CIO,

I added no twist or spin to the post, that is how I recieved it. I also don't care if Dave reponds or not to my post. It's a free country. I'm not restricting anyones free speech.

As far as Chuck and Bob go, they were great officers that did what they did for there members not some hidden agenda.

As far as removing shop stewards in TUL, It's not the first time.

WOW!!! That rat must have cost a lot of money to rent. Whoever rented it must make enough money to blow it on something like that. Or did the Local use union dues to pay for it??? Makes you want to say hmmmmm???!!!
:shock: :wacko: :shock:

Local 100 provided the likeness of sonny. I am sure they used THEIR money. Money well spent I say. Just like the money Local 562 spent on an add in the Tulsa newspaper when we faced concessions. Money also well spent. Both the rat and add advertise the truth. And obviously the twu international can't handle the truth.

Ken MacTiernan said:
Local 100 provided the likeness of sonny. I am sure they used THEIR money. Money well spent I say. Just like the money Local 562 spent on an add in the Tulsa newspaper when we faced concessions. Money also well spent. Both the rat and add advertise the truth. And obviously the twu international can't handle the truth.

Point being Ken. . .those AMFA boys have been crying about their money situation. They can't be too worried about it the way they are spending it. Foolishly, I might add!!

Ken's quote. . .
Just like the money Local 562 spent on an add in the Tulsa newspaper when we faced concessions. Money also well spent.

Yeah, a lot of good that did. :down:

Just wondering, who took the picture off?? (snicker snicker :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Ken MacTiernan said:

Ken,
Wasn't the treasurer of Local 562 just suspended recently? Now, aren't their books being audited for misuse of union funds? How much did you say that rat cost? :shock:

twuer said:
Ken,
Wasn't the treasurer of Local 562 just suspended recently? Now, aren't their books being audited for misuse of union funds? How much did you say that rat cost? :shock:
I believe to date the RAT has cost us...

B-Scale
C-Scale
Flex Benefits
SRP/OSM Payscale
17.5% Pay reduction
5 Paid Vacation Days Lost
5 Paid Hoidays Lost
7 Sick days per Year Lost
50% Pay on First 2 Sick Days Used
Full 8 Hours of Pay for Hoiday Worked Lost
Skill/License Pay Lost for Shop Work
Cap on Medical Payroll Deduction Cost Removed
70 Days of Injury on Duty Pay Lost

Yeah, That RAT is expensive alright, Let's get rid of him!

Mem2.jpg

Again,

Here is the projected cost for your medical...

medical.jpg

Maybe one the TWU Advocates can tell us what Article in the Contract covers our POS (Point of Service) and PPO (Preferred Provider Option) Insurance Plans?

JUST THE FACTS PLEASE!

RV4 said:
twuer said:
Ken,
I believe to date the RAT has cost us...

B-Scale
C-Scale
Flex Benefits
SRP/OSM Payscale
17.5% Pay reduction
5 Paid Vacation Days Lost
5 Paid Hoidays Lost
7 Sick days per Year Lost
50% Pay on First 2 Sick Days Used
Full 8 Hours of Pay for Hoiday Worked Lost
Skill/License Pay Lost for Shop Work
Cap on Medical Payroll Deduction Cost Removed
70 Days of Injury on Duty Pay Lost

Yeah, That RAT is expensive alright, Let's get rid of him!

Mem2.jpg
Hey Dave,
Did the one whom you call "The Rat" vote on the contract?? No, the majority of the membership chose to RATify the agreement! Now stand up like a man and take the responsibility. Even AMFA operates on the majority rules concept. I'm sure you can understand that, can't you?!

As far as the insurance quotes you put up, the company has admitted using the wrong formula in the chart that you posted. Quit spreading more lies and rumors and use your perceived intelligent manipulation to tell the truth.

P.S. Did YOU use all your hot air to blow up that rat???? :wacko: