Aa Offers Relief In Hurricane Aftermath

StraaightTaalk said:
Leave it to World Traveler to turn this into a "Mine is better than yours" contest.

What a sad little man you are.
[post="296205"][/post]​

It was the AA guy who started the whole "good press" debate.

"Good Press" is nothing more than a "Mine is better than yours" contest.

But what about the people that are suffering? IT is obvious AA is in it for the good press, what about the other carriers?

Straight talk,
I chimed into this article since there were multiple media reports that AA, CO, WN and B6 were the only airlines serving the needs of New Orleans. That is simply inaccurate even though Texas printing presses were in overdrive trying to tout their good deeds. It's alot more noble to do something good and not be recognized for it.

I am glad you and everyone else are helping out... this isn't the time for oneupsmanship but it's also perfectly appropriate to recognize the contributions everyone is making rather than trying to toot one's own horn.

WorldTraveler said:
I am glad you and everyone else are helping out... this isn't the time for oneupsmanship but it's also perfectly appropriate to recognize the contributions everyone is making rather than trying to toot one's own horn.
[post="296209"][/post]​

Especially so, since the clerks, AMT's, pilots, and flight attendants who are working these trips are doing so on their own time.

WN got front page coverage in the Dallas Business Journal for taking 40 people out of MSY on Wednesday (even though AA had carried over 180 out on Tuesday night and got no press coverage on it until Thursday night). Some of the Jetblue employees made a big deal out of being selected to fly the first trips into SKF on Friday.

TWU Informer, since you are a working man dedicated to defending the working man, what exactly have you done to help your fellow worker in MSY this week? Have you contributed anything (food, clothing, time) to help either displaced AA employees or the church/charity of your choice?...

Former ModerAAtor said:
TWU Informer, since you are a working man dedicated to defending the working man, what exactly have you done to help your fellow worker in MSY this week?  Have you contributed anything (food, clothing, time) to help either displaced AA employees or the church/charity of your choice?...
[post="296211"][/post]​

Church adopted a family. I am helping in more ways than needs to be discussed here. I am not looking for glory in return for my actions. And my actions come from the heart, not a search engine looking for public view credit.

Go ahead, capture all the headlines and glory you want for your actions.
Go piss and moan to the media that AA wasn't given as much credit as Southwest. Count your heads against theirs and post away. You sound really dedicated to relief when comparing numbers and coverage the way you do.

I'll quietly take care of my business from here.

Former ModerAAtor said:
Especially so, since the clerks, AMT's, pilots, and flight attendants who are working these trips are doing so on their own time.

[post="296211"][/post]​

They got an AMT? As of late last night there were still zero volunteers at DFW as the workers were not going to be used as part of an AA publicity stunt. Many volunteered to do it on shift or at 1 1//2 OT for day off but none for free. These guys just can't afford it when they have 2 jobs to just to get by.

BTW...I will be using the next few weeks days off and going to MSY to help but not for AA's P.R. firm.

Someone passed this along to me. I don't know anyone in MSY so I haven't checked it out.

Earthlink claims that they have a list of survivors. Do you have access to Earthlink?

The Red Cross also has a number to check for survivors
1-877-LOVED 1S

TWU informer said:
Accurate information is NOT important when it comes to AA Corporate Propaganda.

It only matters who believes it, not if it is accurate or not.
[post="296157"][/post]​

Man you are one bitter little sorry pecker.

Garfield1966 said:
Man you are one bitter little sorry pecker.
[post="296484"][/post]​

Speaking the truth makes one "bitter"?

Hmm, Thanks for the compliment I guess.

TWU informer said:
Speaking the truth makes one "bitter"?

Hmm, Thanks for the compliment I guess.
[post="296489"][/post]​
First, May God Have Mercy on The City of New Orleans.

As you well know TI, if you don't bow to the AA corporate line without question, your: misguided, disgruntled, selfish, ungrateful, greedy, a union member, and of course....bitter. :rolleyes:

We have to "Pull together to win together"....until it comes to concessions and saving the company. Then the lowly workers are at fault and to blame in the media and corporate minds for all failures.

As the now infamous quote from NW's top HR man goes (his name is not worth mentioning) "There comes a time when you guys need to know your place in society." :down:

Just take what your given, do what your told, and STFUP..... :angry:

Just look at this...

Airlines All About Publicity - Not Relief Effort

It is obvious by reading these stories on yahoo over the Labor Day Weekend, what the real agenda is for the Airline Industry.

It is as if they are ingrained in competition to tell the public how they care.

Actions speak louder than words. Shut Up and get the job done!

TWU informer said:
Accurate information is NOT important when it comes to AA Corporate Propaganda.

It only matters who believes it, not if it is accurate or not.
[post="296157"][/post]​

It appears that former moderAAtor got his info from somone over at JBLU, not "AA Corporate Propganda".

TWU informer said:
Just look at this...

Airlines All About Publicity - Not Relief Effort

It is obvious by reading these stories on yahoo over the Labor Day Weekend, what the real agenda is for the Airline Industry.

It is as if they are ingrained in competition to tell the public how they care.

Actions speak louder than words. Shut Up and get the job done!
[post="296724"][/post]​
Is this like the photo ops of Dubya? Do the airlines stop behind the hangar, out of sight of the cameras, and throw everyone out again too?

Get over it, support actions get advertised, why shouldn't they, maybe a few pax will switch to AA, because AA had their #### together and went in on Tuesday to get its people out, and fly in some support.

More than the Feds did, their boss was playing a guitar and pretending that 9/11 was WW2 At least the airlines didn't contribute, by underfunding, to the mess or ignore it for years, and then blame everyone else. :angry:

j7915 said:
More than the Feds did, their boss was playing a guitar and pretending that 9/11 was WW2 At least the airlines didn't contribute, by underfunding, to the mess or ignore it for years, and then blame everyone else. :angry:
[post="296793"][/post]​

No instead they relied on union officials like Jim Little, who gave himself a raise while signing into effect a 25% REDUCTION in compensation for the members and blamed it on 9-11.

He claims he made "hard decisions" that included a raise for him and a cut for us.

I'm still waiting for evidence of Jim Littles "Shared sacrifice".

Bob Owens said:
No instead they relied on union officials like Jim Little, who gave himself a raise while signing into effect a 25% REDUCTION in compensation for the members and blamed it on 9-11.

He claims he made "hard decisions" that included a raise for him and a cut for us.

I'm still waiting for evidence of Jim Littles "Shared sacrifice".
[post="296813"][/post]​

Is this topic about TWU and Jim LIttle...NO! Get back on topic and leave the union crap in a union board. This is about people who need help.

B.O.B. said:
Is this topic about TWU and Jim LIttle...NO! Get back on topic and leave the union crap in a union board. This is about people who need help.
[post="296845"][/post]​
It would be nice if this BB reinstated the "Union" section.