AA says "Back of the Bus" to customer with Downs Syndrome

eolesen

Veteran
Jul 23, 2003
Just a few hours later, AA denies boarding to a Downs Syndrome kid, the pilot labeling him a "security risk"...

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/american-airlines-strikes-again-16-year-old-disabled-boy-deemed-security-risk-not-allowed-to-board-plane/

"The problem is this pilot thought my son might not be like most people. He didn’t want a disabled person disturbing other passengers in first class."

On the second airplane, the family was placed in the last row and no passengers were allowed to sit within two rows of them, Vanderhorst said.

This is far more disturbing to me than the Glenn Beck incident...

And it burned, burned, burned, that ring of fire, ring of fire.

Management view:
AA would be a damn good company if were not for employees.

Why should paying passengers have put up with "misbehaving" kid. The captain made the call and was more than likely the right one.

American Airlines spokesman Matt Miller said the disabled boy was agitated and running around the gate area prior to boarding, which his parents dispute. The airplane’s pilot observed the boy, Miller said, and made the call based on his behavior.

I don't see a problem denying boarding when this type of behavior is observed... If he is rambunctious in the open boarding lounge, what would the potential of his behavior be being locked in the aircraft cabin.. Think about it..

Enough already! Rush be damned 2112 ends at 2012! In 2112 logic is the order of business but in 2012 Retards rule. Oh did I cross the line? Tough!

There is obviously more to this story that the "screw your politically correct" crowd is willing to admit. Perhaps the downs syndrome lad made the majority minority uncomfortable, but they didn't want t point it out to the snowflakes parents. The parents obviously seen a lawsuit goldmine and took advantage using the snowflake as a way to get added income to their "your kid is trouble" bull crap!

The pilot is retarded if he lets these a-holes get away with it!!

As a parent of a teenager with special needs, we know damn well when our kids need to be removed from a given situation.

Usually when someone starts second-guessing how our kids are going to respond/react, it's because the person second-guessing is uncomfortable with "the snowflake".

Personally, I hope the family sues. This was a pretty clear ADA violation.

Reactions: 1 person
AA will likely offer to settle. If he's a lawyer, and can afford to take them to court, I hope this sees a jury.

Hiding behind flight security? Good luck with that. It's right up there with doing a cavity search on a 92 year old grandmother.

Justice may be blind, but juries aren't.

One in five Americans have mental issues, how many of them are on this forum ???

You got to have a few screws loose to work in this business.

So are you one of them ? I think I am..