AA the Joke of the Airline Industry!

Flyboy4u

Veteran
Oct 6, 2002
No I am not EX TWA, and yes I am a recent furlough ( just to satisfy all those that will hate this post), but Reality is that this company is grasping at all straws to stay afloat. Why is it that all AIRLINES except AA are increasing their schedules why AA continues to decrease it? From the APFA website American announced this week that it would operate 8 percent fewer flights in November than in July ... This especially at a time when in HISTORY, as many of you on this board have pointed out, is most traveled time of the year. Is this sound business sense from a company who wants to survive? If you at AA haven''t started to look for a new career... now is the time...By the first of 2004 AA, Like TWA, will be name of the past. Why doesn''t AA just sell tickets for UAL and the rest out there because they seem to get it correctly...

I usually don't get too upset by those who have no idea of what they are talking about, but... the 8% reduction has been ridding the schedule of nonperforming flights. Their is a normal reduction after the summer rush. The downsizing of STL is the upsizing of DFW ORD and MIA.
When you want to talk trash, try to email "bingobilly"

I think a bigger joke is some of the inane things you come up with. You are so fed up and bitter towards AA. Yet you cannot let it go or even move on. I really doubt you will have the last laugh.

----------------
On 8/3/2003 6:53:36 PM flaptrack wrote:

P.S. From where I live I can get to California in 3 hours for less money than taking AA and flying through Dallas----so who do you think I am going to choose
----------------​

Flaptrack, I can go you one better. I'm a nAAtive. My sister lives in Birmingham, AL. To fly roundtrip to Las Vegas to see her grandchild, she can fly NON-REV space available through Dallas on AA for $235 in service charges, or she can fly non-stop on Southwest positive space for $195. Which do you think she picks? Because I can assure you that BHM-DFW-LAS on AA provides her with no more or less service than she gets on Southwest.

On the topic more or less...
I'm afraid that AA has started down the same path that Pan Am, Eastern, and TWA's management used. Cut service, cut flights, cut staff to cut costs. Rather than find a way to make STL-ABQ profitable, just eliminate the service. Close hubs, keep retreating to your main bases (DFW, ORD). One day you find that you ain't flying to enough places that people want to go in order to sustain the hub and spoke config. And, once you cede a station to the LCCs like Southwest, you will not get it back. I hope I'm wrong, but time will tell.

----------------
On 8/2/2003 6:51:43 PM FA Mikey wrote:

I think a bigger joke is some of the inane things you come up with. You are so fed up and bitter towards AA. Yet you cannot let it go or even move on. I really doubt you will have the last laugh.

----------------​
Econ 101 Mikey! (did you take that course?) AA is a mature player in an almost 80 year old industry. When companies get too big, and their employees demand too much (along with all the liberal programs over the last 40 years that cost companies too much money) another company will come along and start taking your business at lower cost. I assume you are a F/A at probably 45K a year?
There are many people that want to do your job to make a decent ( although still underpaid ) 35k a year! Watch out folks! Southwest and AirTran are the mean little dog nipping at your heels in the domestic market. I do not write this to be disrespectfull--but all of you at AA must think about this fact.

P.S. From where I live I can get to California in 3 hours for less money than taking AA and flying through Dallas----so who do you think I am going to choose?

----------------
On 8/2/2003 4:34:26 PM Flyboy4u wrote:
This especially at a time when in HISTORY, as many of you on this board have pointed out,  is most traveled time of the yearDIV>

----------------​
Airlines have historically had a pulldown in operations after Labor day. They did this when times were good, and they do it now, when times are bad. I don't recall anyone on this board stating otherwise.

You seem to be under the impression that all the majors are doing well except American. Delta just announced the furlough of 900 flight attendants back to 98/99 seniority, UAL just posted a huge loss AFTER the governement aid money, CAL is cancelling or deferring jet orders. All the majors are struggling, not just American.

----------------

Econ 101 Mikey! (did you take that course?) AA is a mature player in an almost 80 year old industry. When companies get too big, and their employees demand too much (along with all the liberal programs over the last 40 years that cost companies too much money) another company will come along and start taking your business at lower cost. I assume you are a F/A at probably 45K a year?
There are many people that want to do your job to make a decent ( although still underpaid ) 35k a year! Watch out folks! Southwest and AirTran are the mean little dog nipping at your heels in the domestic market. I do not write this to be disrespectfull--but all of you at AA must think about this fact.

P.S. From where I live I can get to California in 3 hours for less money than taking AA and flying through Dallas----so who do you think I am going to choose?
----------------​
Yes, I did, I wonder though why you think it can simply be whittled down to employee wages. In particular flight attendant wages. There are so many other areas where a mature company has waste and wasteful practices. This company is notorious for is scheduling inefficiencies. Both aircraft and people. Out dated ideas and a less efficient ways of doing things. I do make more than 45,000, but I do fly more than my schedule. I have yet to be able to do a whole year at my basic schedule. I am sure Airtran does pay substantially less. How much I couldn't say. I have never looked in to them. As for SWA they make as much as I. Keep in mind Southwest is low fare airline, not a low cost carrier in terms of employee compensation. They are tremendous at scheduling people, and their planes. They get the most out of a persons work day because it is choreographed so. No disrespect taken or intended.

As for who I think you will choose. I will guess its the carrier that best suits your personal needs. Whether its by fare, schedule, comfort, or FF program.

----------------
On 8/3/2003 9:02:14 PM FA Mikey wrote:

----------------

----------------​

Yes, I did, I wonder though why you think it can simply be whittled down to employee wages. In particular flight attendant wages. There are so many other areas where a mature company has waste and wasteful practices. This company is notorious for is scheduling inefficiencies. Both aircraft and people. Out dated ideas and a less efficient ways of doing things. I do make more than 45,000, but I do fly more than my schedule. I have yet to be able to do a whole year at my basic schedule. I am sure Airtran does pay substantially less. How much I couldn't say. I have never looked in to them. As for SWA they make as much as I. Keep in mind Southwest is low fare airline, not a low cost carrier in terms of employee compensation. They are tremendous at scheduling people, and their planes. They get the most out of a persons work day because it is choreographed so. No disrespect taken or intended.

As for who I think you will choose. I will guess its the carrier that best suits your personal needs. Whether its by fare, schedule, comfort, or FF program.

----------------​
I wonder how long it would take for AA to be competitive with SWA if AA reduced their airplane inventory to one maybe two types, MD80 and 737, incurred no more overseas travel problems, did inter-lining and only operated out of and into markets where they could 1) get adequate load factors for the aircraft size point to point, and 2) were assured quick turn arounds?

----------------
On 8/3/2003 9:45:37 PM j7915 wrote:

I wonder how long it would take for AA to be competitive with SWA if AA reduced their airplane inventory to one maybe two types, MD80 and 737, incurred no more overseas travel problems, did inter-lining and only operated out of and into markets where they could 1) get adequate load factors for the aircraft size point to point, and 2) were assured quick turn arounds?

----------------​

They would be out of business before they completed the transition. Face it. AA is a hub-and-spoke airline. And they are doing better than the rest of the other hub-and-spokes. Bear with it folks; there are breaks in the clouds ahead...

TANSTAAFL