Aa Throughs A Party!

MCI transplant

Veteran
Jun 4, 2003
<_< Like the man said: "Only in America!" does a company give a BBQ dinner for those peole going out the door!!!! :huh: Yesterday the company sprang for a BBQ dinner for all here at MCI! The "offical" reason was to show their cratitude for a job "Well Done" on the Air Canada 767! But ironically it was also just days before 492 people are to leave a.a.!!!!! Go figure!!!! :down:

So would have been better to have done nothing? Some time you just cannot win. It was for a job well done. Be proud of that.

FA Mikey said:
So would have been better to have done nothing? Some time you just cannot win. It was for a job well done. Be proud of that.
[post="276035"][/post]​

Mikey, reread MCI's post. I don't think he is crying. He is stateing the irony of the situation. I agree with him. MCI has always done fine work on both TWA and AA aircraft. But they were treated as pawns/bargaining chips. Losing any AMT at AA has a negative effect. But losing the skill and knowledge of 492 AMTs is a grave loss.

Of the 492 AMTs going out the door how many management types will follow?

• Banned
Ken MacTiernan said:
Mikey, reread MCI's post. I don't think he is crying. He is stateing the irony of the situation. I agree with him. MCI has always done fine work on both TWA and AA aircraft. But they were treated as pawns/bargaining chips. Losing any AMT at AA has a negative effect. But losing the skill and knowledge of 492 AMTs is a grave loss.

Of the 492 AMTs going out the door how many management types will follow?
[post="276056"][/post]​
<_< Ken--- Your reading it right, but I must say that not all of those 492 are AMTs! But that really don't matter! The loss of years of experiance, no matter what job, will hurt aa in the long run!!!

• Banned
FA Mikey said:
[post="276035"][/post]​
<_< Milky------ We don't need BBQ to tell us that! We've always put out a good product!!!!!! :angry:

FA Mikey said:
[post="276035"][/post]​

FA Mikey got the jump on the TWU this time, though that's not too hard to do.
I was expecting some "just be glad to have a job." type of comment from the likes of some TWU lackey.
Just be glad you got some Q, brother!!

FA Mikey wants you to be proud for being a good servant to your corporate master. Master does not need you anymore now, so get the f&%k out. I will do my job to insure that the airplane I work on is safe to fly; while I take pride in my work, pride won't pay my bills.

DECISION 2007 said:
Well ...they fed us coming in and they fed us going out...what a class act.
[post="276064"][/post]​

There's just something about a big ol Texas style BBQ. Did they pass out ball caps and tote bags and play the theme from the Empire Strikes Back this time?

DECISION 2007 said:
Well ...they fed us coming in and they fed us going out...what a class act.
[post="276064"][/post]​

They fed you alright. Coming in they gave you just the bull s&&t. Going out they gave you the rest of the bull.

Airlines are in a mad dash to follow the other guys lead. Outsource this, outsource that. The time is coming when something will give/break. And then their will be no accountability.

I hope that the people of this country quickly understand what cheap, unskilled maintenance gets you besides a cheaper ticket.

FA Mikey said:
[post="276035"][/post]​

And so TUL the "Cost Center" maintenance facility cooked the pilot MD80 Continuous Improvement Dock hamburgers and hotdogs for completing their check on time. However the rest of the docks did not get their reward. Is that a Rule 32 violation?

Buck said:
And so TUL the "Cost Center" maintenance facility cooked the pilot MD80 Continuous Improvement Dock hamburgers and hotdogs for completing their check on time. However the rest of the docks did not get their reward. Is that a Rule 32 violation?
[post="276127"][/post]​
they seem like the type of person who would complain if you gave them a 100 dollar bill. They would say it is too wrinkled or something

• Banned
TWskyliner said:
There's just something about a big ol Texas style BBQ. Did they pass out ball caps and tote bags and play the theme from the Empire Strikes Back this time?
[post="276067"][/post]​
<_< As a matter of fact they did! "AMT day hats"!!!! :angry:

• Banned
TWskyliner said:
[post="276067"][/post]​
<_< That was Kansas City style BBQ Son!!!!! ;)

• Banned
operaations said:
they seem like the type of person who would complain if you gave them a 100 dollar bill.  They would say it is too wrinkled or something
[post="276224"][/post]​
<_< Operations------- Believe me, I'm not complaning about the BBQ! What I thought was tacky was the fact that it was done 3 days before almost half the AMTs that worked that Aircraft were slated to go out the door!! A hundred dollar bill would have been hell of a lot more appropriate for them !!!! :angry:

Back