AA to End Interline Agreement with Delta

feel free to let us know what other legacy carriers don't have interline agreements with DL.

Since UA does and is a legacy, your statement is not correct. and they aren't the only legacy carrier that still has a ticketing agreement with DL.

You do realize that the Justice Dept. is investigating whether airlines are acting together to the detriment of consumers?

Trying to argue that a carrier is wrong to do what it believes is in its best interests rather than walking away from "the industry standard" is exactly the type of argument the DOJ wants to see to prove their point that airlines are a bit too cozy.

WN does not have interline agreements. DL was not willing to accept industry standard settlement rates. The airline industry was deregulated decades ago.

Just remember who was doing the predicting. FWIW, It's been a much more civil place since then. I'll gladly put up with less traffic if it means a more inclusive discussion.

Just remember who was doing the predicting. FWIW, It's been a much more civil place since then. I'll gladly put up with less traffic if it means a more inclusive discussion.

Oh I completely agree ... although I must admit that at a time like this, it would have been absolutely hysterical to hear the Baghdad Bob routine explaining all of this away and how all of this is really about how unreliable an operation AA runs. Ah, memories. In any event, yes, you and others pretty much nailed this one - in fact, almost eerily so. As is intuitively obvious, an AA interline clearly would not have helped Delta solve a tens-of-thousands-of-reaccomodations problem, but it would have undoubtedly helped at least a little bit - as evidenced by the Delta passengers taking to Twitter to discuss their "self-reaccomodations" on AA.