AA to phase out US Oct 17

robbedagain

Veteran
Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
according to the Dallas Morning News  (link thru www.justplanenews.com) AA is planning on completely phasing out the USAirways brand Oct 16 and a single res system in place begins Oct 17    Last flights are PHX-DEN flight 434  and SFO-PHL 455  both depart at same time  MST and PST respectively 

Reactions: 2 people
cant speak about jump seat   but starting next weekend the cut over will begin for reservations and go thru the rest of summer    travel policies will also be aligned by the 16th oct from what ive heard  

The last flight, SFO-PHL, has been renumbered 1939, the year USAir's parents were started....and I think Ed Colodny will be on board. I have met him before, sharing a shuttle flight about 10 years ago--very nice man.

Wrong you are clueless.

After Piedmont and US merged we were having a union vote and Colodny sent every fleet service worker a letter with a quarter that was called the "Colodny Gaurantee", to call him if you had any problems so you wouldn't viote for a union.

So you are the clueless one, instead of attacking someone maybe you should have asked for an explanation.

They voted the union down and then US imposed several rounds of concessions on them after the no vote.

700UW said:
So you are the clueless one, instead of attacking someone maybe you should have asked for an explanation.

If you had an "explanation" you should have offered it instead of whining that I should have asked for one.

And your post is still classless and idiotic. 

Reactions: 5 people
Art at ISP said:
The last flight, SFO-PHL, has been renumbered 1939, the year USAir's parents were started....and I think Ed Colodny will be on board. I have met him before, sharing a shuttle flight about 10 years ago--very nice man.
He's planning on it. There's a thread on here somewhere about it...

US Airways to skip Pittsburgh for ceremonial final flight US Airways ceremonial final flight to skip Pittsburgh, city that helped give airline its start

PITTSBURGH (AP) -- A former county executive says US Airways is insulting the city that helped give it its start.

A ceremonial final flight for US Airways Flight 1939 is slated for Oct. 16 and will land in Philadelphia; Charlotte, North Carolina; Phoenix; and San Francisco. It notably ignores Pittsburgh, the city where the airline began....
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/us-airways-skip-pittsburgh-ceremonial-214444384.html

Reactions: 1 person
Well if the county wasn't so nasty towards US they might get some love in return - look how long it took the county to agree to let US and AA to co-locate