AA/US continuation of good trend

Gorden Bethune was on CNBC this morning and said that a US/AA merger is likely and at the very least he expects a serious attempt being taken to get it done.

Well, what he said was that he expects Parker to make an attempt to acquire AA. Not exactly earthshaking news.

It's at the end of this CNBC video

Jim

Did he say whether there would be a forthcoming serious attempt to get the US/AW merger done?
Most of your east brethren seem to be chanting the separate ops mantra unless they can get their DOH dream seniority list. In fact, I don't recall you ever stating that you are prepared to vote in favor of a NIC-inclusive JCBA so the blame lies at your feet as much as anyone's. An anemic and dysfunctional RLA is a strong contributor to the fact that two labor groups are still being allowed to delay the process, but if the east pilots wanted a contract, they would certainly have one by now. The same is true for the FAs. If they wanted a JCBA that wasn't tied to the pilots with me too clauses, they also would have one by now. If you want to see the merger completed, then tell USAPA to accept the NIC in section 22 of the contract.

Did he say whether there would be a forthcoming serious attempt to get the US/AW merger done?

Hey Driver, I just learned that it is your fault that the merger isn't completed yet. No Holiday cheer for you! :lol:

Actually, from the big money perspective, I can't see that they are worried too much about doing much more to "finish" the merger. They have already shut down several bases and optimized the route system. They have excellent stats and some of the best employee costs going with absolutely no expectation that costs will go up anytime in the foreseeable future. From their perspective, what's to fix?

They day Parker made a proposal for the Pilots to come together every Eastie here would scream bloody murder that it was none of his business.

They day Parker made a proposal for the Pilots to come together every Eastie here would scream bloody murder that it was none of his business.
Are you nuts? Perhaps valley fever is your bag. To think that you "represent" a majority of Arizona people is just mind boggling. Kinda like the idiots who think they should carry guns or harass the only group making money for your state, the illegals.

Read it and weep. Parker has no intention of "merging" the airline as the company is making way too much money keeping status quo. Were I in his position, I would be working overtime to continually reinforce the idea that USAirways cannot sustain more costs, whether true or not. The dude has suckered the rubes in PHX and now he wants to treat the east the same way.

Time for the east to lead the way, grow some gonads and stiff the bastard. Bad enough we have to fly places where our call sign is slang for a derogatory word describing a lower part of the female anatomy, as in a four letter word starting with the letter "c" and ending with the letter "t" with an "un" in the middle.

Tempe morons.

Reactions: 3 people
Are you nuts? Perhaps valley fever is your bag. To think that you "represent" a majority of Arizona people is just mind boggling. Kinda like the idiots who think they should carry guns or harass the only group making money for your state, the illegals.

Read it and weep. Parker has no intention of "merging" the airline as the company is making way too much money keeping status quo. Were I in his position, I would be working overtime to continually reinforce the idea that USAirways cannot sustain more costs, whether true or not. The dude has suckered the rubes in PHX and now he wants to treat the east the same way.

Time for the east to lead the way, grow some gonads and stiff the bastard. Bad enough we have to fly places where our call sign is slang for a derogatory word describing a lower part of the female anatomy, as in a four letter word starting with the letter "c" and ending with the letter "t" with an "un" in the middle.

Tempe morons.
:lol: Made My Day! It really is a shame 'someone' didn't buy UPNAWAY that fruitcake and have them choke on it already. That SOB is one of THREE people on this site that absolutely Turn My F'n Stomach with the BS that comes out of their mouth. Talk about One arrogant self serving SOB!

Most of your east brethren seem to be chanting the separate ops mantra unless they can get their DOH dream seniority list. In fact, I don't recall you ever stating that you are prepared to vote in favor of a NIC-inclusive JCBA so the blame lies at your feet as much as anyone's. An anemic and dysfunctional RLA is a strong contributor to the fact that two labor groups are still being allowed to delay the process, but if the east pilots wanted a contract, they would certainly have one by now. The same is true for the FAs. If they wanted a JCBA that wasn't tied to the pilots with me too clauses, they also would have one by now. If you want to see the merger completed, then tell USAPA to accept the NIC in section 22 of the contract.

This mess belongs in the pilot forum. Thank you.

Reactions: 2 people
I think he said he expects an attempt at a merger.

Hey NYC all Bethune said was, given Doug's history in having gone after DL and the merger attempt with UA before CO got involved, don't be surprised if Doug makes a go at AA. No great news in that.

I think he said he expects an attempt at a merger.

Like it or not, Doug Parker has some kind of weird association with the Wall Street community, and he has access to M & A money. Wall Street likes to keep the flow and velocity of money constant so they can continue to kick the can down the road, and when someone threatens to cut off their money, they listen to proposals that will allow them to continue collecting the gravy. It's all a shell game, because the courts will grant the company in BK certain financial protections, but what is really happening is that they are refinancing their debt and kicking the can down the road. In the long term, Wall Street still gets their money through financing a huge merger and all the fees and interest involved, and in the process, the company in BK can shed contracts with unions and vendors that would have been legally required to be honored absent BK. To add to their advantage, when AA and US combine, they will consolidate their operations at many shared airports, and shed additional employees and contracts, which will lead to a more efficient airline and increased pricing power due to less options for the general public. Doug Parker must have compromising photos of many people, because he seems to have a golden horseshoe in the financial markets.

All of which was true of the DL takeover attempt and we know how that turned out. Parker's problem is that Wall Street doesn't get to vote on what happens to AA, the creditor's committee does. While I'm reasonably sure Parker will make an attempt to acquire AA - merging is in his DNA - I'm not sure it will be any more successful than the attempt on DL.

Jim

Like it or not, Doug Parker has some kind of weird association with the Wall Street community, and he has access to M & A money. Wall Street likes to keep the flow and velocity of money constant so they can continue to kick the can down the road, and when someone threatens to cut off their money, they listen to proposals that will allow them to continue collecting the gravy. It's all a shell game, because the courts will grant the company in BK certain financial protections, but what is really happening is that they are refinancing their debt and kicking the can down the road. In the long term, Wall Street still gets their money through financing a huge merger and all the fees and interest involved, and in the process, the company in BK can shed contracts with unions and vendors that would have been legally required to be honored absent BK. To add to their advantage, when AA and US combine, they will consolidate their operations at many shared airports, and shed additional employees and contracts, which will lead to a more efficient airline and increased pricing power due to less options for the general public. Doug Parker must have compromising photos of many people, because he seems to have a golden horseshoe in the financial markets.
Doug didnt raise the money for the US/HP merger, that would be Bruce Lakefiled with the help of Seabury and Associates' John Luth.

Latest posts