AAA ALPA Thread 9-14 to 9-21, East ALPA here

Status
Not open for further replies.
HA, HA, HA, HA, HA!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If Prater signs the list and crams down a joint contract, the only person who can save his A$$ is Parker who will breakup and sell the airline faster than USAPA wins a free and fair election.

Parker was seen in CLT today and overheard speaking with an ALPA MEC member about the threat of USAPA.

Apparently, 11 Mil buys a lot of loyalty. I'm sure we'll read all about it in "Flying the Line, 3" someday.

Today the EC found that there was no basis to set aside the seniority arbitration award issued in May by an arbitration board. The Council concluded that no evidence of impropriety or failure to follow ALPA Merger Policy had been presented. ALPA will now defend the award. The award is to be submitted to management as issued, but with the proviso that it will have no effect until the parties complete a single collective bargaining agreement.

I have discussed this issue with USAPA Officer's tonight and there is a strong belief today's EC action; coupled with the comapny's hard ball approach to a potential "sick out" will be good for about 200 more USAPA votes, a lot of USAPA donations, it will speed up the process of union "imposition" on the West pilots.

Moreover, the West pilots will begin paying USAPA union dues shortly and help build the new union.

As I said before, it's game, set, and match and ALPA knows it, which is why they're so desperate. Expect some USAPA news shortly.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Today the EC found that there was no basis to set aside the seniority arbitration award issued in May by an arbitration board. The Council concluded that no evidence of impropriety or failure to follow ALPA Merger Policy had been presented. ALPA will now defend the award. The award is to be submitted to management as issued, but with the proviso that it will have no effect until the parties complete a single collective bargaining agreement.

I have discussed this issue with USAPA Officer's tonight and there is a strong belief today's EC action; coupled with the comapny's hard ball approach to a potential "sick out" will be good for about 200 more USAPA votes, a lot of USAPA donations, it will speed up the process of union "imposition" on the West pilots.

Moreover, the West pilots will begin paying USAPA union dues shortly and help build the new union.

As I said before, it's game, set, and match and ALPA knows it, which is why they're so desperate. Expect some USAPA news shortly.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

ALPA will soon impose a joint contract on the East. Pohn Jrater has already said that the East will be represented at the table. Believe it. ALPA will stop at no cost to burry USAPA and all their supporters. I will not be surprised to see Parker announce a sales job before the USAPA election to put the election on hold and buy ALPA a get out of jail free card.

Veteran

Group: Registered Member
Member No.: 6,549

QUOTE(Junebug172 @ Sep 20 2007, 08:33 PM) *
OK sport, how do you think this is going to finish? You and I both know this place isn't going to be "broken up."

Please, do tell.

And remember, you were wrong about Nicolau.

Nostradamus says:

It is a little too early for gloating. There are other options. A transaction will happen soon, but there is time to show our opinion in this matter. The Nicolau award being allowed is not a surprise. Arbitrated awards are rarely overturned. I would suggest for most people not to fly if they are stressed about this. My advice is to keep your options open. Wait before you act.

Junebug is running towards the end zone waving the football celebrating, lets slap it out of his hand and run the other way.

Give it a few days.

Junebug is running towards the end zone waving the football celebrating, lets slap it out of his hand and run the other way.

Give it a few days.
You're too old and slow to catch up let alone slap it out of my strong hand.

He's at the 15, the 10, ....

The US Airways MEC knows what it's doing with regard to the joint contract. The JNC can go into JNC talks and never agree to a new contract. And, the East pilots never have to agree to a joint contract because you cannot force them to vote "yes", if there ever is a TA.

Many people believe that today the EC washed their hands of the issue because they know USAPA will likely represent the East and West pilots in the not-to-distant future.

Today's action will likely result in more USAPA Authorization Cards/donations and increase the East pilots anger.

This battle is a long way from over and those who laugh last laugh best; therefore, the more I think about it the more I think today is a good day for the East pilots because now the East fence sitters will now certainly move to support USAPA.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

You're kidding, right? After months of scolding the West for supposedly not following the RC mandate, and telling us all how ALPA will never forward the list, and calling others liars and misrepresenters of truth, now you are saying that "it's game,set, and match" for the East???? The ALPA EC just handed down a firm decision that pretty much collapsed the wall you've been trying to build. This is exactly what many of us have been predicting would happen, and after all that you've said on these boards over the past few months, all you can do is come back with more threats and intimidation? Unbelievable. :down:

Maybe now would be a good time to consider showing some integrity and give credit where it's due. There has been much debate on the issue, and we now know the end result. A simple "we all fought the good fight and now it's time to move on to the next step" would be preferable. If you feel it's necessary to attempt an election, by all means do so. But spare everyone the attitude about success being a forgone conclusion. Especially after having been so wrong about the way this would play out.

ALPA will now move the Joint Negotiations to the fast track, and if the East does not participate, then ALPA will sit in for the East. (Remember when you threatened the West of the exact same thing?) Once a Join Contract is submitted to the membership, there is a good chance it will pass, and then the USAPA drive will be torpedoed. The bright side of all this is that you will get your pay parity and then some, through the JNC. As I told you in several PM's, things will work out in the end, but not necessarily on your exact terms or by your will. I do believe you and all USAirways pilots (East & West) will be enjoying a better quality of life and much more pay very soon, as well as an opportunity to rebuild a once great airline. On that I congratulate you.

Peace,
767jetz

Should the FAA be investigating this distracting situation. You can call me a sore looser or disgruntled employee or you can call me the messenger. This situation is unsafe and needs to be addressed. Act now or make excuses later.

You're kidding, right? After months of scolding the West for supposedly not following the RC mandate, and telling us all how ALPA will never forward the list, and calling others liars and misrepresenters of truth, now you are saying that "it's game,set, and match" for the East???? The ALPA EC just handed down a firm decision that pretty much collapsed the wall you've been trying to build. This is exactly what many of us have been predicting would happen, and after all that you've said on these boards over the past few months, all you can do is come back with more threats and intimidation? Unbelievable. :down:

Maybe now would be a good time to consider showing some integrity and give credit where it's due. There has been much debate on the issue, and we now know the end result. A simple "we all fought the good fight and now it's time to move on to the next step" would be preferable. If you feel it's necessary to attempt an election, by all means do so. But spare everyone the attitude about success being a forgone conclusion. Especially after having been so wrong about the way this would play out.

ALPA will now move the Joint Negotiations to the fast track, and if the East does not participate, then ALPA will sit in for the East. (Remember when you threatened the West of the exact same thing?) Once a Join Contract is submitted to the membership, there is a good chance it will pass, and then the USAPA drive will be torpedoed. The bright side of all this is that you will get your pay parity and then some, through the JNC. As I told you in several PM's, things will work out in the end, but not necessarily on your exact terms or by your will. I do believe you and all USAirways pilots (East & West) will be enjoying a better quality of life and much more pay very soon, as well as an opportunity to rebuild a once great airline. On that I congratulate you.

Peace,
767jetz

Above employee is a ALPA paid person who does not fly the line. He is only on the Usairways web site because the decisions that are made shortly, will benefit him, not the group as a whole.

767 jetz, with this distraction going on which you are contributing to being a representative of the Airline Pilots Association, do you consider Usairways a safe airline to fly at this time. This is safety, only a yes or no answer prudent.

Above employee is a ALPA paid person who does not fly the line. He is only on the Usairways web site because the decisions that are made shortly, will benefit him, not the group as a whole.

767 jetz, with this distraction going on which you are contributing to being a representative of the Airline Pilots Association, do you consider Usairways a safe airline to fly at this time. This is safety, only a yes or no answer prudent.

Nos and company: thanks for all your help in getting this matter behind us. I'm sure that had you gone about your business of intransigence and obfuscation in a cool, dispassionate, and calculating manner, then we AWA pilots would have been in for a long fight. However, you all chose the low road of threats, intimidation and extortion. In essence, that wasn't a very bright move because you would have done just fine by stringing the process out. However, you forced the situation and left Prater with no other choice than to forward the award, sit in JNC talks without you, and shove a CBA down your throats. Way to go. I thought we had seen the entire manuscript of "How Not to Negotiate" but I guess you had one more chapter to write.

I also want extend my congratulations to the West pilots. You fought the fight with patience and professionalism, taking the high road, and not caving in to fear and threats and extortion. Your integrity is admirable. Tonight you have been vindicated. Stay focused and get that joint contract you all deserve.

With the list being forwarded it guarantees that even a new union will be bound by the arbitrated award, which will only make the USAPA's road much more uncertain than it already was.

I also want extend my congratulations to the West pilots. You fought the fight with patience and professionalism, taking the high road, and not caving in to fear and threats and extortion. Your integrity is admirable. Tonight you have been vindicated. Stay focused and get that joint contract you all deserve.

With the list being forwarded it guarantees that even a new union will be bound by the arbitrated award, which will only make the USAPA's road much more uncertain than it already was.

You wear a silver pin?

I nice to see ALPA finally doing the right thing. Lets all make sure ALPA stays on property and lets move forward and work on a joint contract. :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.