AWA ALPA MEC Update - May 7, 2007

USA320Pilot

Veteran
May 18, 2003
www.usaviation.com
AWA ALPA MEC Update - May 7, 2007

As many of you have heard by now, the seniority integration award that was released last Thursday has created a lot of concern with the East MEC. This weekend, they convened a special MEC meeting to discuss the award and to explore potential options for avoiding what they consider an unfair decision. Our MEC has been in contact with ALPA President John Prater and other National Officers to ensure that they are committed to supporting ALPA Merger Policy and upholding what we consider to be a final and binding award. This policy clearly states that the arbitrated award “shall be final and binding on all parties to the arbitration and shall be defended by ALPA.â€￾ The ALPA Merger Policy in its entirety is attached to this email to help answer any questions regarding the validity of the award.

Your MEC continues to remain focused on achieving a new contract. Mitch Vasin, our MEC Vice Chairman, and our Negotiating Committee and will be in D.C. tomorrow to receive management’s comprehensive proposal. The America West pilots stand unified and ready to continue the fight for a fair contract. To demonstrate this resolve, we will be picketing the Aviation Symposium tomorrow.

USA320Pilot comments: The US Airways & AWA "pilot war" has started.

In yesterday's message to the pilot group, MEC Chairman Jack Stephan said, "The MEC then rolled up their sleeves and passed five resolutions that are now posted on our website for your review. Of particular interest is the resolution that directs me to request that ALPA’s (Internationals) Executive Council receive a presentation regarding the Nicolau Award from our Merger Committee at its next regular meeting and that the full resources of the (International) Association be made available to support the US Airways’ pilots in connection with the turmoil generated by the Nicolau Award."

"We will also be terminating the merger assessments as well as temporarily standing down SPC activities (so there will be no new contract picketing) so that our sole focus at this juncture can be directed to responding to the injustices and contradictions of the Nicolau award," Stephan noted.

Stephan continued, "Tomorrow I will be joining the JNC in Washington D.C. as they receive management’s first economic counter-proposal. But make no mistake; my number one priority remains your well being and our corresponding response to the devastating effects of the Nicolau award."

Regards,

USA320Pilot

The US Airways & AWA "pilot war" has started. [quote ]

No. It's your war against Nicolau, the NMB, all other ALPA airlines who have honored the merger policy, ALPA National, the customers of LCC, and the AWA pilots & their families.

autofixer

"I WILL NOT FLY WITH HP CAPTAINS WITH AN ACTUAL HIRE DATE UNDER JULY 1987!!!..."

Hope you have enough sick time accumulated! Get over it!

NA NA,

and as a junior AWA FO, right now; "I WILL NOT FLY WITH AAA FIRST OFFICERS WITH AN ACTUAL HIRE DATE UNDER JULY 1980!!!..."