Abuse of Power

I did not see it linked or quoted. My apologies.

I mean personally....viewed, read, etc....no link.

Just because courts 'ok' certain actions isn't the end of it either. Just like these rules have been perverted over the years in the legislative arena doesn't mean judicial thinking can't fall along the same path.

I do not know what you are talking about. The articles and links did not come through properly on the first post so I had to edit it to make sure they did.

I have simply posted scholarly information on this. One is from the Senate, and another is paper citing Supreme Court decisions and the background of the subject.

You are free to ignore any of the research in order to fit into your point of view.

Has it started?

Can't control you with this internet freedom out there.

But they're only looking out for you and I. Just like ACTA

Hawaii's legislature is weighing an unprecedented proposal to curb the privacy of Aloha State residents: requiring Internet providers to keep track of every Web site their customers visit.

Its House of Representatives has scheduled a hearing this morning on a new bill (PDF) requiring the creation of virtual dossiers on state residents. The measure, H.B. 2288, says "Internet destination history information" and "subscriber's information" such as name and address must be saved for two years.

Link

Wonder if that Megadownload guy went down under ACTA?

Just because courts 'ok' certain actions isn't the end of it either. Just like these rules have been perverted over the years in the legislative arena doesn't mean judicial thinking can't fall along the same path.
I agree. That is why the power to appoint Justices and Appeals court judges is one of the most important things a President has the authority to do.

Has it started?

Can't control you with this internet freedom out there.

But they're only looking out for you and I. Just like ACTA

Link

Wonder if that Megadownload guy went down under ACTA?
They can pass legislation like that all they want, it will not stop people smarter than them from finding a method to circumvent it. They are chasing a technology in its infancy in my opinion.

They can pass legislation like that all they want, it will not stop people smarter than them from finding a method to circumvent it. They are chasing a technology in its infancy in my opinion.

I heard reference to a technology that exists where you aren't connected to the net, but can have your hard drive contents read through the AC line via some type signal.....Was a couple guys in the intel arena discussing security measures. DSA/NSA technology.

Another thing they pointed out was Stratfor was hacked recently, they spend like half a mill on computer security......you/me pay maybe $100....think we're safe?

We at the bottom of the food chain internet wise if you ask me.

I heard reference to a technology that exists where you aren't connected to the net, but can have your hard drive contents read through the AC line via some type signal.....Was a couple guys in the intel arena discussing security measures. DSA/NSA technology.

Another thing they pointed out was Stratfor was hacked recently, they spend like half a mill on computer security......you/me pay maybe $100....think we're safe?

We at the bottom of the food chain internet wise if you ask me.
I have a family member that worked for an agency that did that kind of work. Spooky guy. We know nothing.

I have not heard about going through the power circuit. I don't see how that is possible, but what do I know.

I have a family member that worked for an agency that did that kind of work. Spooky guy. We know nothing.

I have not heard about going through the power circuit. I don't see how that is possible, but what do I know.

I tried a look up, but probably got search terms wrong. You can send signals down a power line, has to be a different freq than the AC. You can use your power circuits in your home for an FM antenna with the right device hooked up.

I tried a look up, but probably got search terms wrong. You can send signals down a power line, has to be a different freq than the AC. You can use your power circuits in your home for an FM antenna with the right device hooked up.
I understand the concept. We put tones on a circuit that ride on the sine wave when we do circuit tracing chasing to find a circuit breaker. I suspect it is something like that?

I understand the concept. We put tones on a circuit that ride on the sine wave when we do circuit tracing chasing to find a circuit breaker. I suspect it is something like that?

They make intercoms that run through the house wiring. The signal can't be 60 Hz.

True, rider frequencies are used all the time in industrial power lines. Encoders and decoders find frequency fluctuations or amplitude of the rider frequencies to turn on/off lights and some devices. Look up X10 technologies for a crude explanation of how this works. At one time, SFO used this technology to control devices on the power grid to reduce electric usage at off peak hours. Worked pretty well except when hooked up to frequency sensitive and power line frequency detection devices in Avionics automatic test equipment and line test equipment hooked up to house power.

The key words are encoder and decoder. Encoders are matched up with decoders which makes it all work.

IMHO,
For someone to capture computer data that is hooked up to a grid (and not the internet), they would have to place an individual power line monitor for the computer and filter out power surges/spikes to decode in/out data.
I would doubt that it can be used to extract data from the computer except for input/output power fluctuations.

JMHO,
B) xUT

True, rider frequencies are used all the time in industrial power lines. Encoders and decoders find frequency fluctuations or amplitude of the rider frequencies to turn on/off lights and some devices. Look up X10 technologies for a crude explanation of how this works. At one time, SFO used this technology to control devices on the power grid to reduce electric usage at off peak hours. Worked pretty well except when hooked up to frequency sensitive and power line frequency detection devices in Avionics automatic test equipment and line test equipment hooked up to house power.

The key words are encoder and decoder. Encoders are matched up with decoders which makes it all work.

IMHO,
For someone to capture computer data that is hooked up to a grid (and not the internet), they would have to place an individual power line monitor for the computer and filter out power surges/spikes to decode in/out data.
I would doubt that it can be used to extract data from the computer except for input/output power fluctuations.

JMHO,
B) xUT

Guy inferred it was available in NSA/DSA circles......so go figure.....he's in the business.

Back