Constitutional Law and Healthcare

If the electorate does not like the job the person is doing, then all that needs to be done is to vote for someone other than the incumbent.

I think that is the best argument against term limits. The electorate has the authority to impose a arbitrary limit. We choose not to. Not sure why. I can think of quite a few who should have been ousted long before they left. Thurmond, Byrd and Kennedy come to mind right off the bat. For what ever reason the people keep these embarrassments in office. As I have said several times before, we have the government we deserve.

I just wish we could get the money out of it. Government should be a civil service, not a career. I don't mind the job paying the bills, but not what they are making now and I do not like it being a revolving door into jobs as consultant or lobbyist to companies doing business with the government. I think there should be a life time embargo on that.

While we are at it we need to overhaul the electoral system as a whole. I don't like Congress being bought and paid for by big business. But I guess that is another thread.

I love the term limit champions.

Let us look at an aircraft mechanic that has 8 years experience. It easily takes that long to become a fairly proficient line AMT for a major airline. At that point he/she has finally learned enough to be able to troubleshoot the multiple fleet types with some expedience.

At that point, why not throw them out. They have become highly paid (back in the day), and burdensome.

They are way too familiar with the "system" to be able to be productive. They will just use it.

Why not throw them out and bring in some new low paid hard chargers and start all over again.

Makes sense, huh? :blink:

New age AMT- one lead, twelve non licensed 'stooges' and the lead provides his expertise and buys 'stooge' repairs.

It is called similitude.

I am perplexed with your fixation on my choice of higher education.

If you don't like it, so be it.

si·mil·i·tude (s-ml-td, -tyd)
n.
1. Similarity; resemblance. See Synonyms at likeness.
a. One closely resembling another; a counterpart.
b. A perceptible likeness.

Please enlighten us how an elected official is has anything resembling "similitude" to and AMT.
Higher education? pff, better of getting an elementary education first.

si·mil·i·tude (s-ml-td, -tyd)
n.
1. Similarity; resemblance. See Synonyms at likeness.
a. One closely resembling another; a counterpart.
b. A perceptible likeness.

Please enlighten us how an elected official is has anything resembling "similitude" to and AMT.
Higher education? pff, better of getting an elementary education first.
It was a comparison in how learning ones job, a complex one at that, takes time. To get rid of them after they reach a journeyman level makes no sense unless they have simply made it that way through years of service and not through hard work, development, and mentoring. I have seen both in the aviation trades and in the political spectrum. In politics, all we need to do is one of two things:

1. either run for office or support someone else whose ideas we embrace
  2. get out and vote for the non-incumbent

Try this one:

Similitude:

a : correspondence in kind or quality b : a point of comparison

As for the last line in your above quoted post...your sentence speaks volumes about getting a basic education (most will figure out why I say that). Disparaging someone who strives to better themselves by getting a higher education is a sad commentary and exposes one of your deepest character flaws.

I apologize for the thread drift. Back on topic.

As I said before, the new health care/insurance legislation will be challenged ad-nauseam after it is signed into law. We will probably have two new justices by the time any of it makes it the Supreme Court.

Reactions: 1 person
It was a comparison in how learning ones job, a complex one at that, takes time. To get rid of them after they reach a journeyman level makes no sense unless they have simply made it that way through years of service and not through hard work, development, and mentoring. I have seen both in the aviation trades and in the political spectrum. In politics, all we need to do is one of two things:

1. either run for office or support someone else whose ideas we embrace
  2. get out and vote for the non-incumbent

Try this one:

Similitude:

a : correspondence in kind or quality b : a point of comparison

As for the last line in your above quoted post...your sentence speaks volumes about getting a basic education (most will figure out why I say that). Disparaging someone who strives to better themselves by getting a higher education is a sad commentary and exposes one of your deepest character flaws.

Then by your absurd reasoning you would compare a trash collector to a rocket scientist, even tho they are worlds apart. Try to argue that one in court. lol

Unfortunately common sense isn't something learned by higher education, or any education whatsoever. Like i said before don't quit your day job.

Then by your absurd reasoning you would compare a trash collector to a rocket scientist, even tho they are worlds apart. Try to argue that one in court. lol

Unfortunately common sense isn't something learned by higher education, or any education whatsoever. Like i said before don't quit your day job.

In "Obama-World" , said Trash Collector should be making as much as said Rocket Scientist !

And back on topic, imo, all So-called Senators who took bribes to get their vote, on Obama-Care, should be tried for corruption and treason ! :down:

There is at least one state's attorney general looking into the constitutionality of exempting some states from the unfunded mandate to expand Medicare.

http://www.chattanoogan.com/articles/article_165401.asp

http://www.thesunnews.com/news/local/story/1227257.html

There are other people questioning if health insurance even falls under the Commerce Clause in Article 1. There are good arguments that have health care as a state's right issue.

Obama may be a Constitutional scholar, but try to remember he didn't draft the language. Staffers working on very little sleep and looking to guarantee votes wrote the language. It's entirely possible that they may be a little less knowledgeable on what will actually meet the test when it goes to SCOTUS.