Acceptable or just plain tacky? Please choose!!!

Dec 21, 2002
www.usaviation.com
CWA Employee comes into work on the very last day before starting furlough, spends an hour or two saying goodbye to everyone that is on duty, cleans out LOCKER, turns in company ID etc, and has been on family medical since Christmas for sinus surgery. Had 4 weeks prior of paid vacation.Employee was not bandaged and looked quite comfortable and able to work, and perhaps could have done so for days. Got the doc to write out 'til last day.And this was paid sick time to boot. To the last day. My jaw dropped. A few other's jaws dropped as well.
Tacky or acceptable?

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/11/2003 9:18:36 PM Severed-N-Happy wrote:
[P]CWA Employee comes into work on the very last day before starting furlough, spends an hour or two saying goodbye to everyone that is on duty, cleans out "LOCKER", turns in company ID etc, and has been on family medical since Christmas for sinus surgery. Had 4 weeks prior of paid vacation.Employee was not bandaged and looked quite comfortable and able to work, and perhaps could have done so for days. Got the doc to write out 'til last day.And this was paid sick time to boot. To the last day. My jaw dropped. A few other's jaws dropped as well.[BR][BR]Tacky or acceptable? [/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]probably a little tacky...but U cant take sick days with..i have 103 on the books..so if you can use them do so..remember most of them were pdo or personnal day off that you could not use.[BR][BR][BR][img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/10.gif']

Speaking of tackey, several years ago the company closed the station I worked in, had an employee, that was very close to Al......know for fact she called him on his all the time on his cell phone all day long, she was amazed that he had not advised her before hand that they were going to close our station......I know for fact who she was calling, she let me listen to the conversation......anyway station closing, she advises everyone and management she was going to go out on medical four weeks prior to closing, that was what she had in sick time and vacation......she also had a note from a doctor, well someone had a going away party for the station, she showed up, with a nice new boob job, she laughed at all of us who were still working, she was telling everyone that someone helped her abuse the system......this is a true story.....i would say maybe this is many of the reasons we are where we are at

BLAH BLAH BLAH
I guess someone has found something else to whine about.
I worked for the company for 15 years. How much sick leave do you think I have. I was a loyal worker, kept my nose to the grind and hardley used my sick. Guess what I got in the long run.
FURLOUGHED.
I earned the sick leave it should have been mine to use. I know some companys don't even offer sick. The ones that do will give it to you. My wife last job did just that.
I say use and abuse for now on. US really has no loyalty to you good workers who don't use there sick. I've gone to work sick in fear of getting written up.
FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT CONCERNS YOU AND YOUR PROBLEMS NOT YOUR NEIGHBOR AND THE PAST.
If you don't like how something is in the work place, get involved with the union and be a joiner and not just a complainer.

9.gif']

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/12/2003 1:04:26 AM fred wrote:

BLAH BLAH BLAH
I guess someone has found something else to whine about.
I worked for the company for 15 years. How much sick leave do you think I have. I was a loyal worker, kept my nose to the grind and hardley used my sick. Guess what I got in the long run.
FURLOUGHED.
I earned the sick leave it should have been mine to use. I know some companys don't even offer sick. The ones that do will give it to you. My wife last job did just that.
I say use and abuse for now on. US really has no loyalty to you good workers who don't use there sick. I've gone to work sick in fear of getting written up.
FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT THAT CONCERNS YOU AND YOUR PROBLEMS NOT YOUR NEIGHBOR AND THE PAST.
If you don't like how something is in the work place, get involved with the union and be a joiner and not just a complainer.

[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/9.gif']
----------------
[/blockquote]
Uhh, check the name out there Flintstone..i.e. Severed etc? BTW, I was furl'd the same day as Sinus Suzie with 4 months of hard earned non-abusing sick leave still on the books...any more comments?

If this was a problem to management at US, then they would pay you for sick time on the books when you left - or create some incentive for not using it. [BR]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR]
[P][BR]It used to be after one years of perfect attendance one would get a free upgrade:)[/P][BR]

[P]
[BLOCKQUOTE][BR]----------------[BR]On 1/11/2003 10:42:44 PM DELLDUDE wrote:
[P]
[H5][FONT face='"Comic' MS" Sans]just another part of the legacy left by william jefferson clinton.[/FONT][/H5]
[P][/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]
[P][/P]my point was the govenment stepping in 'with good intentions' causes what is ,i think a burden on the companies required to abide by this law.by burden,i mean in cases where it is abused and nothing can be done about it.you see here several have attitudes against it. unfortuneately,i have a 76 year old mother that from time to time i have to use it for care as she has severe memory problems.[BR]i can tell you though,i've seen it abused quite well by others. however,[EM]its the law of the land![/EM]

with 4 months of hard earned non-abusing sick leave still on the books...any more comments?[BR][BR]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[BR][BR]
[P]Yes, I have a comment, go read PineyBob's post on this thread, then ask yourself who is the wise one.[BR][BR]There is nothing moral or immoral about sick time use, it's the system. The people who feel they were SH** on, MANY will use the system to their personal advantage, just like the company uses a U employee to their advantage. Being self righteous with sick time policy is exactly what the company ordered. Look at Wolf, he came here screaming how everyone should never take sick time unless you were on your death bed. Look where we are at after his fiasco with NO apologies given. Having 6 months sick time on the books and being furloughed doesn’t get you a new job, it’s not included on ones resume for future employment. [/P]

I know plenty of people (myself included) who used obscene amounts of sick time prior to getting aborted. I was a good employee who had worked my entire US Airways career without calling in sick....until I found that I was next in line and the company had no intentions of giving me a dime for my weeks of sick time. There was absolutely no way that I was going to give all that back to them...so I found medically valid excuses to hardly be at work my last month.

If this was a problem to management at US, then they would pay you for sick time on the books when you left - or create some incentive for not using it.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/12/2003 8:03:38 AM DELLDUDE wrote:

[BLOCKQUOTE]
----------------
On 1/11/2003 10:42:44 PM DELLDUDE wrote:

[H5][FONT face='"Comic' MS" Sans]just another part of the legacy left by william jefferson clinton.[/FONT][/H5]

[/P]----------------[/BLOCKQUOTE]

[/P]my point was the govenment stepping in 'with good intentions' causes what is ,i think a burden on the companies required to abide by this law.by burden,i mean in cases where it is abused and nothing can be done about it.you see here several have attitudes against it. unfortuneately,i have a 76 year old mother that from time to time i have to use it for care as she has severe memory problems.
i can tell you though,i've seen it abused quite well by others. however,[EM]its the law of the land![/EM]
----------------
[/blockquote]

Bingo DELLDUDE!...thats it in a nut shell.
IMHO people should be thankful they don't get sick. I for one have over a thousand hours sick time on the books which I hope I never use.