Mechanic and Related, Please read before you vote

Imamec,itsmyfault

Nice post. Im with ya all the way.
Sometimes you have to fight for what you believe in.

Good luck to us all.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/16/2002 9:53:29 PM Imamec,itsmyfault wrote:

AOG-N-IT

I'm glad you brought up the issue of Eastern. I'm curious... If the failure of an airline is indeed such a dire loss as to be worth selling out over, then why is it that every Eastern alum now working with me at U, is once again voting no, risking putting themselves and their families through it again?

----------------
[/blockquote]
Imamec, Thanks for your reply Sir. First of all , I was not assuming to know one thing about your personal circumstance. I was using your lessons of the past as a launching point for my views only.

With all due respect, it takes a lot to realize when it's over, and guys, IT IS OVER. The industry HAS changed forever. We also can't blame the condition of US Airways completely on past management---have we forgotten what Osama did to change our world forever? Right now the people of the United States are facing another World Crisis yet many of you are holding on to that No vote because you feel you deserve more. YOU ARE RIGHT! But, what you fail to see is that no one is disputing that you deserve more. The money simply isn't there. If the judge has anything to do with it, you can be sure you'll get even less than the current proposal. We need to understand what we can SAVE, and hold on to it. Please, think about your future--with, or without US Airways. Let's all hope and pray we don't go to war with Iraq, and that US airways can recover so we can all get back what we deserve. For now, please try to imagine what that man standing on your local street corner with a cardboard sign that says will work for food knows all too well. It is VERY cold out there. We should be more concerned about keeping our sons and daughters from being shipped off to die in a war that has been stewing for over a decade. If you vote NO, Osama has won another small victory, by tearing down the core of our country bit by bit. If you can't see that, God help you.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 12:24:51 AM copilot wrote:

AOG-N-IT

Your other statment is also correct. If G.W. goes to war without the rest of the world helping, the US will become isolated, jet fuel will be $2/gal, there will be no International market left to US Airlines, and there will be only ONE US Airline to surive, Southwest.

So vote "whatever" for yourselves. Goodluck.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Copilot, I do not see W going it alone period. I do believe Tony Blair is squarely on our team ..along with the good people of Great Britain. W has made a great arguement for his cause to the UN....and now even the Saudi's are saying that thier soil is useable in a UN sanctioned action. This does not for one moment change the fallout that the US airline industry will suffer. Higher fuel costs are one thing....but the Fear of Flying and continued economic dulldrums will be the end for many carriers. War itself..is without a doubt A bad Thing....having had a round or two fired in my direction...I will be the first to say no thanks to it , if given a choice again? I do believe that some things are worth fighting for...Security , Peace and Freedom being at the top of the list....I do however fail to see where fighting about destroying any simblance of our airline is to anyones benefit. We are not the only airline that will have to face these same issues...You can bank your boots on that. We just happened to be the first to have to do so. UAL is standing in the On Deck Circle as we speak...and the issues are no different there. The only questions are?....Who's next in the Concessions for Jobs game?.....and who is going to be left standing in 5 years from now?. I hope that We can be part of the surviving minority. Overly Optimistic?...maybe?. Hope is a powerful thing.....as long as actual Will and Determination is driving it.

AOG-N-IT

Your other statment is also correct. If G.W. goes to war without the rest of the world helping, the US will become isolated, jet fuel will be $2/gal, there will be no International market left to US Airlines, and there will be only ONE US Airline to surive, Southwest.

So vote whatever for yourselves. Goodluck.

Chip...You just don't Phugging get it!! do you?. Your approach to the IAM members..is having the exact same affect that the Charlie Nardello Show had on the majority of the IAM people. We all know your ALPA/Pilot point of view....and frankly I have to agree with everyone that has asked you to butt out of what it is now Our Affairs Your group has had it's say....and it should respectfully end there. With no further poking or prodding ..Everyone is starting to talk about you....and in a most un-flattering way , I might add. The Where are you gonna go and What are you gonna do approach garners no favor for your arguements or position. Kindly put a cork in it.....maybe tomorrow or the next day you can drum the beat of I told you so. But if you do pull that? Remember that the What are you gonna do question is a double-edged sword. Let this subject drop.....and allow people to ponder thier vote in a less aggravated frame of mind. That aggravation has been fanned quite well enough already.....Remember , before you pop-off again. Our Goals of keeping U going ...are a common goal. You are having a negative impact with continued posts....You are in fact an Outsider in regard to our vote..or that of the CWA-er's. Focus on Pilot Issues....and the next Cockpit-Confidentials with Dave.....that's all we are interested in hearing from you anyway.

In a conversation with a mechanic today he made an interesting comment. He said, to vote yes is to shoot yourself in the foot, to vote no is to shoot yourself in the head.

The mechanic believed that if the restructuring agreement is not ratified, next week the IAM-M would be without a contract and would have deeper cuts imposed.

I believe the CWA and IAM cuts will come one way or another and Judge Mitchell has no option but to agree with the company if a S.1113 hearing is held. I empathize with those IAM-M members who vote yes, but have to take a deeper cut if the accord is rejected.

I have a rhetorical question. With AA & UA reducing capacity by 9 percent, DL reducing capacity by 8 percent, CO reducing capacity by 4 percent, and thousands of AMT's unemployed, where will the US AMT's go if they are unemployed shortly?

Chip

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 12:47:09 AM AOG-N-IT wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 12:24:51 AM copilot wrote:

AOG-N-IT

So vote "whatever" for yourselves. Goodluck.
----------------
[/blockquote]
Copilot, I do not see "W" going it alone period. I do believe Tony Blair is squarely on our team ..along with the good people of Great Britain. "W" has made a great arguement for his cause to the UN....and now even the Saudi's are saying that thier soil is useable in a UN sanctioned action. This does not for one moment change the fallout that the US airline industry will suffer. Higher fuel costs are one thing....but the "Fear of Flying and continued economic dulldrums will be the end for many carriers. War itself..is without a doubt "A bad Thing"....having had a round or two fired in my direction...I will be the first to say no thanks to it , if given a choice again? I do believe that some things are worth fighting for...Security , Peace and Freedom being at the top of the list....I do however fail to see where fighting about destroying any simblance of our airline is to anyones benefit. We are not the only airline that will have to face these same issues...You can bank your boots on that. We just happened to be the first to have to do so. UAL is standing in the "On Deck Circle" as we speak...and the issues are no different there. The only questions are?....Who's next in the Concessions for Jobs game?.....and who is going to be left standing in 5 years from now?. I hope that "We" can be part of the surviving minority. Overly Optimistic?...maybe?. Hope is a powerful thing.....as long as actual "Will and Determination" is driving it.
----------------
[/blockquote]

We need to nuke the whole middle east. They are the reason why our jobs are in jeopardy more than anything else. Taking care of Iraq is a little solution that won't touch the problem of the Saudis, Iran, Egypt, Libya and so on. Even when the governments are friendly (because of the oil $$$) the people aren't. Hating the US simply can't tolerated and we need to wipe the slate clean (or turn the sand into green glass) out there. We're chasing termites around with chopsticks when the whole house needs to be fumigated.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/17/2002 1:49:02 AM AOG-N-IT wrote:

Chip...You just don't Phugging get it!! do you?. Your approach to the IAM members..is having the exact same affect that the "Charlie Nardello Show" had on the majority of the IAM people. We all know your ALPA/Pilot point of view....and frankly I have to agree with everyone that has asked you to butt out of what it is now "Our Affairs" Your group has had it's say....and it should respectfully end there. With no further poking or prodding ..Everyone is starting to talk about you....and in a most un-flattering way , I might add. The "Where are you gonna go" and "What are you gonna do" approach garners no favor for your arguements or position. Kindly put a cork in it.....maybe tomorrow or the next day you can drum the beat of "I told you so". But if you do pull that? Remember that the "What are you gonna do" question is a double-edged sword. Let this subject drop.....and allow people to ponder thier vote in a less aggravated frame of mind. That aggravation has been fanned quite well enough already.....Remember , before you pop-off again. Our Goals of keeping U going ...are a common goal. You are having a negative impact with continued posts....You are in fact an "Outsider" in regard to our vote..or that of the CWA-er's. Focus on Pilot Issues....and the next Cockpit-Confidentials with Dave.....that's all we are interested in hearing from you anyway.
----------------
[/blockquote]

[applause!!!]

I think Chip's worried because he knows that mech and related have the company by the n-ts right now and that his job is on loose sand as well. I hate to say it, but all time wasted on the Nardello roadshows and new vote could've been spent negotiating something that's agreeable. If this thing fails and the company takes their frustration out on the mechanics (ie. taking more than 85% to be spiteful) the labor unrest is going to tear this company apart. I think eliminating base maintenance is a done deal, as is a huge amount of our stores and parts movement. We'll whore it out to the lowest hooker.

We do need to make it clear, here and now, that scabs will not be tolerated. The new A&P that crosses a picket line needs to know the full consequences - ie. if you ever leave US you will NEVER find employment with an airline again. Plus, crossing a picket line is an insult to your profession. You are a traitor to the cause. Do you want mechanics to keep getting worse pay and benefits? If so, cross the line, buddy. But we'll be there to greet you[img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/4.gif']

[P]513 we do not have the company by the short hairs, it is the other way around, heavy maintenance and shops will be farmed out, utility work will be done by fleet service and only a few stock clerks will be needed.[/P]
[P]US has 279 A/C 4,200 mechanics,[/P]
[P]WN has almost 400 A/C and only 1,200 mechanics.[/P]
[P][BR]Do the math, you need to come back to reality, the company will win either way, you can live to fight another day or you can commit suicide.[/P]
[P]By the way if this contract goes thru, and it will be so horrible, will you quit?[/P]

Chip...You just don't Phugging get it!! do you?. Your approach to the IAM members..is having the exact same affect that the Charlie Nardello Show had on the majority of the IAM people. We all know your ALPA/Pilot point of view....and frankly I have to agree with everyone that has asked you to butt out of what it is now Our Affairs Your group has had it's say....and it should respectfully end there. With no further poking or prodding ..Everyone is starting to talk about you....and in a most un-flattering way , I might add.

AOG-N-IT you just don't Phugging get it!!!! DO YOU????
Your affairs are everbody on U's propertys affairs now because you IAM-M just don't phugging get it. Your vote can have a profound affect on the rest of the company. Nobody likes what has been crammed down their throats but the reality is that if you don't take this piece of crap your contract WILL BE ABROGATED!!!!! Like it or not and if you think anything different I would like some of what you are smoking.

N513AU I think Chip's worried because he knows that mech and related have the company by the n-ts right now and that his job is on loose sand as well.
WRONG!!The company has YOU by the n_ts not the other way around. You think this judge is going to give you anything better? The only thing this judge cares about is getting the creditors paid, the only thing period. What you also have going against your group is that everybody else on the property took concessions. The judge will also take that into account.

I say VOTE NO!!!!!! I'm behind you 100%!!! Then US can get rid of some of the fat around here.
That's just more jobs for fleet service. Thanks. By the way everbody is talking about the IAM-M around here and it is in a most unflattering way. In fact they have been talking about about your group for many years and in a not so flattering way.

Chip keep up the good work. I respect your point of view and I see it as coming from a journalist and not a pilot.
Don't waste your time with these people. They are going to dream themselves out of a job. What we have to do now is try to make the best of a bad situation. This is reality!

Imamec-

1. This is my Airline! I remember when my children asked, as a plane flew overhead, Daddy- is that one of your airplanes? I answered yes.

2. I will continue to use the Maintenance Manuals every day, not vindictively, but wisely, as I have in the past.

3. Everyday life will not put the signed AMFA card out of my mind. A reasonable explanation from the IAM may. I still remember that the convention was more important than negotiations. On the other hand I remember where AMFA wanted to put U mechs on the seniority list, if there was a U/UAL merger. I will juxtapose the two unions, then select the best.

4. You are right, the company will probably not beg me to take a raise.

However, I still raise my glass to a new and better U, and to you and yours.

What's your point flaptrack? You made the same post on the US Airways topic board, Is the end of US Airways near, back on 8/31. We have all taken our cuts now, you don't need to spread the fear any longer. I do agree you must have too much time on your hands though. Best of luck in finding something to do.