Adding up the new stock


Aug 19, 2002
If USAirways emerges from bankruptcy, it appears that this is how Dave is going to divde the equity among the stakeholders - 30% to employees, 37.5% to whoever wins the bidding to be the major investor, and 8.5 - 11% to creditors (let''s assume 10%). That''s 77.5% of the company. What happens with the other 22.5%? The govt gets it? Maybe it will be doled out to Dave and the rest of management in the form of bonuses? Surely Dave wouldn''t split it up among the original shareholders, er, I mean stakeholders? Maybe they should be called bagholders because by the time good ole Dave is done with them that is what they will be left holding.