Advertisement is the key

Flufdriver

Senior
Aug 20, 2002
www.usaviation.com
1ab..you'll learn, this company simply DOES NOT advertise...PERIOD!! Never has and probably NEVER will! That may bring U income and then they won't be able to ask employees for more money.

http://biz.yahoo.com/djus/030103/0643000083_1.html
U is yet to advertise to let people that is potential customers and existing customers know that they are still around..
here we see United about to invest in massive advertisement..
Come on U do something positive..lets advertise our routes and low fares oh maybe thats what they are waiting for ..them low fares

Yes I agree.[BR][BR][FONT face=Arial]After they annouced bankruptcy UAL, went out to let people know they were still in business, started the trend to stop the standby fees, and indicated they would increase service by bringing back the shuttle.[BR][BR]Of course that may be superficial news and the underlying details are not exactly that, but the public perception was that UAL was doing postive things.[BR][BR]In the case of U more of the publicity has been on the problems or [SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"][FONT color=#000000][FONT size=2]Ultimatums from Alabama. U was the first to annouce the standby restrictions and in general has been seen as not doing positive things from a customer (or employee) point of view[/FONT].[BR][BR][FONT size=2]Frankly, I think U has a better chance of surviving and emerging from bankruptcy than UAL, but they just don't seem to want to tell the flying public!!![BR][/FONT][BR]Just one customers opinion[BR][BR][/FONT][/SPAN][/FONT]

We do advertise.... Have'nt you seen our aircraft in that truck commercial seen nationally?

I don't think US has done too much advertising, even during the 'good times' (compared to some of the other carriers).
The only way that US advertises is if the price is right - for example that truck commercial or via email to their FFs.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/3/2003 12:28:26 PM thepoohbear wrote:

We do advertise.... Have'nt you seen our aircraft in that truck commercial seen nationally?
----------------
[/blockquote]
good one... [img src='http://www.usaviation.com/idealbb/images/smilies/1.gif'] Yes, we've all seen them

US advertises in the Boston newspapers quite regularly. Too bad they don't offer one of the main products people here want, nonstops south in the winter. And yes, I've heard that it's low yield, I guess that's why Delta and American offer lots of nonstops away from here..