FYI: Onboard Advertising Change

Watching Usairways huh? Yeah, everyone really wants to be US. We are industry leading baby. Industry leading in being tacky, low pay, horrible product shall we go on. Why not advertise for Tampons on the toilet lids and hair products over the mirrors. Hey, on the airbus 320 how about advertising for the Food Network on the galley wall so the folks in f/c can see it during their cooking show cross country. :lol:

This is from another site from a FA interviewie at CMH based start-up carrier "Skybus". As bad as we are getting they plan on being "much worse". Read his coments below !

I just got back from a Skybus open interview for flight attendants in Columbus. There were about 60 people there (standing room only!), but only 12 will flight attendant experience. We all got cut after the first round. Nevertheless I got some good information that you guys should know about.

First of all, they have 8 planes now, all leased. Their initial routes are going to be to Florida and California (we weren't told any cities). They plan on having a CASM 28% lower than Southwest, with ticket prices in the $10-$40 dollar range. How? Their planes are going to be flying duty-free shops with a captive audience. They plan on selling everything from soda and food to toiletries (things you might have lost at security), and even nicer items like perfume, watches, and clothing. This is why us FA's were cut at the interview: they were looking for people with retail experience who they could train to fly. The starting pay is $9/hour + 10% of sales. I think most of the FA's were ready to leave at that point anyway, but for the people who hadn't flown before it might not look so bad. Anyway, I digress. Skybus is also going to sell virtually every part of the airplane as advertising space - overhead bins, tray tables, the exterior paint job, even the carpet. They will have no reservations center - everything will be done online. They will fly into secondary airports wherever possible, and try to avoid competition. As the director of HR told the group "we aren't out to upset the Southwest's of the world". With prices that low, he's probably correct in that Skybus will be creating an entirely new market for itself.

Anyway, that's the skinny. Operations are set to begin on May 1st, so we'll see if it "flies", as they say.

This is from another site from a FA interviewie at CMH based start-up carrier "Skybus". As bad as we are getting they plan on being "much worse". Read his coments below !
I just got back from a Skybus open interview for flight attendants in Columbus. There were about 60 people there (standing room only!), but only 12 will flight attendant experience. We all got cut after the first round. Nevertheless I got some good information that you guys should know about.

First of all, they have 8 planes now, all leased. Their initial routes are going to be to Florida and California (we weren't told any cities). They plan on having a CASM 28% lower than Southwest, with ticket prices in the $10-$40 dollar range. How? Their planes are going to be flying duty-free shops with a captive audience. They plan on selling everything from soda and food to toiletries (things you might have lost at security), and even nicer items like perfume, watches, and clothing. This is why us FA's were cut at the interview: they were looking for people with retail experience who they could train to fly. The starting pay is $9/hour + 10% of sales. I think most of the FA's were ready to leave at that point anyway, but for the people who hadn't flown before it might not look so bad. Anyway, I digress. Skybus is also going to sell virtually every part of the airplane as advertising space - overhead bins, tray tables, the exterior paint job, even the carpet. They will have no reservations center - everything will be done online. They will fly into secondary airports wherever possible, and try to avoid competition. As the director of HR told the group "we aren't out to upset the Southwest's of the world". With prices that low, he's probably correct in that Skybus will be creating an entirely new market for itself.

Anyway, that's the skinny. Operations are set to begin on May 1st, so we'll see if it "flies", as they say.
It's gonna be like sitting thru a Time Share Sale in Florida that you can't get out of.

It's gonna be like sitting thru a Time Share Sale in Florida that you can't get out of.
"Sir, in order to board this plane we'll need two credit cards, a blank check and a $5000 deposit. Oh, you want first class seating? That'll be $20k deposit. Thank you. Here are your catalogs. You'll be allowed to deplane at your destination as long as you make a $25k purchase!"