Ae Afa Informational Picketing

TimeOff

Sep 17, 2002
The American Eagle Airlines Master Executive Council for AFA (AE F/A's), in conjunction with the Negotiations Committee, has just announced that Informational Picketing will be conducted on Friday, September 3rd, 2004 from 1:00PM to 4:00PM at DFW, LGA, BOS, ORD, LAX, MIA and SJU!!!!
:up: :up: :up:

I will be out on the picketing line to support my fellow union brothers and sisters of AE! Hopefully the AFA will not sell you guys out like John WAArd and the APFA did to us.

LiveInAHotel said:
I will be out on the picketing line to support my fellow union brothers and sisters of AE! Hopefully the AFA will not sell you guys out like John WAArd and the APFA did to us.
[post="166670"][/post]​

Thats Great! Thanks for your support! See you on the picket line!!! ;)

Thank you, thank you, thank you! Also, the union wants us to wear a dollar bill under our union pin during the week of Aug. 16th as they are negotiating our pay right now. Linda Kunz, vp for AE flight svc, sent an hi6 out to fas admonishing us for this action, saying that was against company uniform policy. Well, what we wear on our layovers and days off is no one's business, unless they want to pay for my clothes and do my laundry for me.So, I will be wearing the $1.00 under my union pin during my rest period and everyone in the neighborhood, the mall, the gym etc will see it!
:D

czerny said:
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Also, the union wants us to wear a dollar bill under our union pin during the week of Aug. 16th as they are negotiating our pay right now. Linda Kunz, vp for AE flight svc, sent an hi6 out to fas admonishing us for this action, saying that was against company uniform policy. Well, what we wear on our layovers and days off is no one's business, unless they want to pay for my clothes and do my laundry for me.So, I will be wearing the $1.00 under my union pin during my rest period and everyone in the neighborhood, the mall, the gym etc will see it!
:D
[post="166999"][/post]​

Unless it specifically states in your uniform policy that you can't wear a dollar bill under your union pin, she can't do a damn thing about it. So, do what the union says and wear the dollar bills under your AFA pin! Some of us at AA wore our wings upside down during our last contract negotiations to make a statement!

Some of us at AA wore our wings upside down during our last contract negotiations to make a statement!

I bet you really convinced a lot of people, too! No actually, they probably looked at you and thought to themselves, "look another stupid, lazy, overpaid Flight attendant doing something to hurt her/his company"

Oneflyer said:
I bet you really convinced a lot of people, too! No actually, they probably looked at you and thought to themselves, "look another stupid, lazy, overpaid Flight attendant doing something to hurt her/his company"
[post="167044"][/post]​

They actually said "look I bet they're related to that dumba$$ nerdy obnoxious passenger Oneflyer." We all said no, Oneflyer is a wanna be crew member and we're the real deal protesting AA management!

Good luck getting some leverage with the company.

Barely turning a profit and swimming in debt won't help you much.

I've never understood informational picketing. I think it's more to pump up the membership than inform the travelling public.

Hope you have fun anyway.

"Also, the union wants us to wear..." So you all jump when the union asks. Interesting. If the union says to quit your job to REALLY show mgmt, will you do that? What if they ask you to eat green eggs and ham? Funny thing is, if the company makes a statement to the media, the union would start proclaiming that the company isn't negotiating in good faith or trying to bargain through the media. Ri-damn-diculous...

Oneflyer said:
[post="167044"][/post]​

I don't know that anyone thought that. Its a stretch at best to say want a raise and having been negotiating during one of the greatest boom times was somehow trying to hurt the company. Unless of course you believe only already over paid management deserves more money and bigger stock options.

What it did do was look ridiculous. (and yes you can get in to trouble for wearing uniform pieces that way) It made a desperate and weak statement to the company.

The APFA under Denise made two great strides showing unity and resolve to AA during a negotiations. One was simply pins and wings. Shortly after the announcement f/a's who wore pins like 5 star generals suddenly came to work with there wings and union pin only. The other was the luggage tag turn around. It showed the company in a quiet way how fast we could get the word around the system. It showed something when nearly every suit case had one on it, and how the colored tag inserst changed like like clock work. Management took serious notice of it, and how well our phone tree was set up and working.

I am not a fan of informational picketing. One thing I have learned is to never, never involve YOUR customer. You have a friend who is a exec plat and agrees with you. Let them write a letter to the company stating there desire to see a fair deal brought forward. Its better to try to get them where it hurts. You target institutional stock and bond holders. Let them see what is happening and what could happen to profits and long term grouth, if a mutual agreement between the company and its hard working employees is not reached. The banks who the company has credit lines with. The suppliers of other goods and services. Work with unions at those companies as well.

I hope that the message you are putting out in your picketing is a good one. If there is such a thing as a best of times, these are simply the worst. Best of luck to all of you on this always long drawn out endeavor.

flyhigh said:
"Also, the union wants us to wear..." So you all jump when the union asks. Interesting. If the union says to quit your job to REALLY show mgmt, will you do that? What if they ask you to eat green eggs and ham? Funny thing is, if the company makes a statement to the media, the union would start proclaiming that the company isn't negotiating in good faith or trying to bargain through the media. Ri-damn-diculous...
[post="167179"][/post]​
And if you go ask for more porridge and they say NO! Quietly go back to your j/s and do nothing.

Can you name me a union that has asked its members to quit there jobs? NO! Can you name me a union that has asked its members to eat green eggs and ham? NO! Can you name me a company or a union that has not used the media? NO!

FA Mikey said:
You have a friend who is a exec plat and agrees with you. Let them write a letter to the company stating there desire to see a fair deal brought forward.

I've done this on more than a few occasions. I'm sad to say that my personal belief is that it falls on deaf ears. The last thing AA needs is a ton of plats trying to get involved with labor relations. It's easy to write a letter and drop it in the mail. The hard part is getting the right person to read it.

I hope this "informational picketing" will have some real information to it. I agree with you that it is wrong to attempt to involve the customer, but no matter what you do the customer is always right in the middle of it whether they want to be or not. Your customers have one thing in common with you and that is for the most part, they are labor also, and they understand. Yes they like cheap tickets, but by the same token they also understand that if the product of THEIR labor was cheapened, they would be fighting for their paychecks as well.

I believe the tides are going to turn come summer travel's end. But the one thing I am truly pleased about is that AA is finding out that their self service kiosks are turning out to be a complete and utter failure - they just can't seem to get over that 7% users hump, and I hope they never do!

Latest posts