Afa Ae F/a's Information Picketing

TimeOff

Sep 17, 2002
On May 28,04 from 1pm to 4pm all AFA-CWA base American Eagle F/A's will be conducting an Information picketing on the poor and slow progress that AE manegment has made in the 37 months of negotiations. Please see the website www.afa-ae-web.org
Regardless of what union you are from, we need your support on this fight for a equal and rightfully deserved fiar contract. Bases where to be conducted will be in LAX, DFW,ORD,MIA,BOS,LGA,and SJU. From 1pm to 4pm at all bases mentioned above. See you there. ;)

Media Advisory For:
May 28, 2004

(202) 712-9799 ext. 804

American Eagle Flight Attendants Picket and Leaflet at Airports Nationwide
Protest Slow Pace of Negotiations for a New Contract

WASHINGTON, D.C. - American Eagle flight attendants, represented by the Association of Flight Attendants-CWA, AFL-CIO, will be picketing and leafleting at airports across the country to protest being stonewalled by Eagle management during negotiations for a new contract.

The flight attendants will be picketing and leafleting on May 28 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the following airports:
* Boston Logan, Near American Eagle main entrance, Terminal B-upper level. Local contact: Donna Cook 401-935-1150.
* Chicago O'Hare, Terminal 3-upper level doors 3D & 3E. Local contact: Laurette Espeland 630-918-9481
* Dallas/Fort Worth, Terminal B on the sidewalk between doors 1 through 7. Local contact: Derrick Ricketts 214-334-9885
* LaGuardia, Terminal B, concourse C-upper and lower levels. Local contact: Reggie Salas 347-661-6428.
* Los Angeles, Terminal 4-in front of American Eagle ticket counters. Local contact: James Alexander 619-410-3001.
* Miami, Concourse D in front of American Eagle ticket counters. Local contact: Deborah Baldwin 786-382-6985.
* San Juan, Second level-Terminal D. Local contact: Jaime Martinez: 787-557-2479.

While American Eagle continues to add flights, buy more aircraft and hire new employees, flight attendants have been in negotiations for a new contract since May 2001. It has been a difficult struggle as management refuses to recognize the flight attendants' contribution to the airline's success with a contract that includes improvements in pay, benefits and scheduling that would bring Eagle flight attendants' compensation and work rules in line with other similar carriers in the industry.

For example, Eagle flight attendants are frequently scheduled to work up to 16 hours-and can be scheduled for 10 flights a day-without any guaranteed breaks. Since many Eagle planes have 50 or fewer seats, that means there is only one flight attendant per plane to ensure to the passengers' safety, security and comfort.

"American Eagle management is pushing our flight attendants to the breaking point, while they continue to stall at the negotiating table," said AFA American Eagle Master Executive Council President Bill Hennessey. "We've had enough. This contract fight is about more than just money. It's about our quality of life, it's about having a career rather than just a job and it's about Eagle management rewarding our years of hard work and dedication to the success of this airline."

More than 46,000 flight attendants at 26 airlines, including 1,600 at American Eagle, join together to form AFA-CWA, the world's largest flight attendant union. AFA is part of the 700,000 member strong Communications Workers of America, AFL-CIO. Visit us @ www.afanet.org.

# # #

:up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

Sent Via Fax To AMR Management @ 9:45AM EST today!
This just in from www.afa-ae-web.org

May 28th, 2004

Dear American Eagle Management:

Today, the American Eagle Flight Attendants will stand together on picket lines nationwide to deliver you a clear message. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

You have wasted our time long enough. You have shown your faces of dishonesty and deceit long enough. You have worked us into exhaustion long enough. Your tactics are now known by all of our members. Stalling is no longer an option for you.

Your petty game playing by attempting to keep us out of our crew rooms, direct dealing with our members, and blatant slaps in the face, must stop here and now. The Flight Attendants have spoken. We're ready for a fair and equitable contract. It's the right thing to do.

I challenge ALL members of management to bargain in good faith and save face in the eyes of your employees, share holders, and the public. It's time for a contract.

It's time for you to show us that you have not lost the spirit of pride to work for an American company. Your history with labor relations is anything but, American. You've earned the right to be called UNAmerican.

Do not allow yourselves to believe that the Flight Attendants of American Eagle Airlines are buying into your substandard proposal. Simply put, it's just not good enough. We deserve better and are willing to do whatever it takes to prove to you we are worth more. If need be, we will show you - PAY US OR C.H.A.O.S.

Regards,
Bill Hennessey
MEC President
Association Of Flight Attendants - CWA, AFL-CIO
Representing The American Eagle Airlines Flight Attendants

Are you sure this is a professional union? Were I on the receiving end of this "business" correspondence I would most likely toss it in the trash.

The opening of this letter is quite childish for an adult. I am amazed that any organized union would sanction the sending of a letter containing this type of language.

In the alternative, I hope the employees DO send a clear message, receive the contract they so richly deserve . . . and kick AA's ass!

Have fun with it!!!

WingNaPrayer said:
Are you sure this is a professional union? Were I on the receiving end of this "business" correspondence I would most likely toss it in the trash.

The opening of this letter is quite childish for an adult. I am amazed that any organized union would sanction the sending of a letter containing this type of language.
I could not agree more with the above poster in his evaluation of this letter; and if I were the "management" to whom it was addressed I would put it in my round file.

But I doubt I would ever receive it. I'd bet this letter was composed and a copy sent only to the union membership to fire them up.

This reminds me of the long ago past when I was involved as management in contract negotiations at a plant and Local union level. There were always individual rank-and-file members on the "bargaining team" from the Local. Invariably we had to listen and give lip service to bargaining over the "Mary Jones' grievances". But the contract was always negotiated by the management team with professionals from the National union and the Local leaders.

This letter is simply window dressing for the members of AFA. AA would recognize that if the letter ever arrives or, more likely, they read it on a BB like this.

[Edit] Did I actually write the first paragraph and agree on something with WingNaPrayer?

I must have had something bad for dinner, as I am agreeing with Wing also. :wacko:

If I was a member of the negotiating committee for Eagle, I know I'd want to rectify things right away after reading that piece of trash letter.

Geez........and I thought Ward's manifesto's were bad.

Latest posts