Aeagle On Mia-bna; Replace Mainline On Mia-pit

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
American Eagle is adding two more daily RJ flights to Miami on 1 May. A daily trip to Pittsburgh will replace the current daily MD80 service and a daily trip to Nashville will replace the 2nd daily MD80, which was a seasonal winter-only frequency. This will give BNA two-dailies to MIA year-round. This is likely a summer-only thing, with both flights becoming MD80s in the winter. I am still very curious as to how CMH and CVG are still only operating on weekends, though. Makes no sense!

capeman said:
The CMH and CVG flights on the weekend are there for the cruise lines only. I'm sure that as more equipment becomes available they may go to daily service.
Those flights connect to all the islands too. You are right about the cruise connects but our connections to south and central america bring people thru MIA with out a double connection thru ORD or DFW. I'm suprised that RIC has daily and not CMH and CVG.

It looks like to me that everything is starting to go Eagle....It won't be long before we do transcons on RJ's!

Flyboy4u said:
It looks like to me that everything is starting to go Eagle....It won't be long before we do transcons on RJ's!
The only thing that has "gone Eagle" at MIA is the MIA-PIT flight, which was not profitable as an MD80. Everything else is an addition.

Flyboy4u said:
At least it's not as bad as it is over at Delta. It's almost impossible to fly anywhere domestic on them without flying on one of their Connection carriers. DFW is almost nothing but an RJ hub for them.