2nd Daily Mia-las

MAH4546

Veteran
Aug 22, 2002
Nothing to hold the presses about, but, none the less, second daily MIA-LAS just uploaded. Gives LAS a redye to Miami:

AA 622 MIA 1930-2205 LAS
AA 627 LAS 2145-0503 MIA

Guess it is a good sign the route has performed very well. Double-daily in only ten months. Charlotte went double-daily less than seven months. Makes you wonder what took so long to add Vegas in the first place.

This is the same day that Tampa goes 4x daily, Montreal/Hartford/Dulles go double daily, Minneapolis/Indianapolis are added, and Pittsburgh goes mainline (though Eagle will still operate a 2nd flight on Saturdays).

Now still waiting to hear on those Kansas City, Phoenix, and Providence rumours...

Plus mainline to IND and CMH - removing the need for connections at ORD or DFW to get to MIA. Oh, and SEA. B)

FWAAA said:
Plus mainline to IND and CMH - removing the need for connections at ORD or DFW to get to MIA. Oh, and SEA. B)
Is this really happening or news your hoping to hear? MIA-IND starts 1 November and that will be a mainline route, daily MD80.

This is a good expansion move by AA to add frequency to a successful operation, I hope it remains successful! :)

s80dude;
I'll re-post my TPA post here.

Effective 11/1 TPA jumps up to 23 flts. a day, All mainline, AND a bunch of 757's to boot.

I asked our "man in MIA(MARK), what was the (pleasant) reason for this.
Does TPA have enough gate space ?? They even kept 3 STL flts(s80's).

1-BOS
3-LGA
1-RDU
4-MIA
1-SJU
3-STL
3-ORD
7-DFW

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????/

NH/BB's
AA/TWU(unfortunately)

21 flights a day. O'Hare, Miami, and Dallas each gain one flight to Tampa. St. Louis looses one. You also forgot Nassau, a daily ATR.

The Boston and Raleigh flights are same-plane through Miami.

Its always great to hear about new service from Miami. I just wish they would seperate the 5p bank and 7p bank of flights a little more. It seems that these two banks always run into each other causing delays and forcing the inbound flights to hold for gates. If weather is thrown into the equation then arrivals can be forced to wait for gates for extended periods of time. They de-peaked DFW and ORD why not MIA too?