AFA mec

You stud do not think that a "man"like you can ever tell me what is best for me.

Baja,
With a mouth like yours, no-one could ever get a word in edgewise to tell you anything. And who would want to? Your old AFA mentality is the problem. The causes you tried to pioneer were lost...You stepped down because of the company you kept. Now, like all of us you are standing on the sidelines watching the action. It's one thing to be a player in the game, it's another to be just a boisterous fan.

a loser wakes up every day seeing how many people he can hurt.

It's funny how you can now try to call your constituents losers now that you aren't in office. Just because OTHER people have differing views on things doesn't make them losers!

Baja, if it makes you happy to champion lost causes...go ahead...be my guest...Just remember...You aren't in office anymore...So it's not the dues of your flying co-horts that are paying for your 105 hrs. By the way, did you know you could get off the 105 anytime you wanted? Just a thought for you... Seeing that you work soooooo much...

Just my opinion...

It is disgusting that our MEC and Mike Flores makes so many decisions that will take things from the memebers that they are supposedly representing. It appears that maybe the members needs to start taking a stand.

That has been apparent since day 1 with this MEC. They refuse to take responsibility and want Mike to lead them along the yellow brick road. Time for this group to stand and take charge. Yes, thats us people! You sitting at home watching TV wondering about going on the AIL tommorrow. Out with the nerdowells! Change starts with you.

By the way, did you know you could get off the 105 anytime you wanted? Just a thought for you... Seeing that you work soooooo much...

Just my opinion...

Not her point, moron.

Your attitude is why you have nothing to live for. It is why few at US have any self-respect, other than Baja and the few others that care.

Go drink some more Jack.

I am not now nor have I ever been a flight attendant.

To avoid conflict of interest issues, one needs to make a personal decision which side of the field they choose to play on, and do the best job possible on that side. One cannot go from "labor" to "management" and keep one foot in labor and expect to retain the benefits and privileges of seniority that the labor workface earns. Hopefully one can make that transition and not "sell their soul" but sadly we have all seen far too many cases of just that occuring.

Working in management, seniority is supposed to be irrelevant, and it should be. "Fence sitters" make weak ineffective supervisors, and allowing sup's to retain all seniority benefits while earning a management salary will only cause resentment. It's been a given that if one chooses to pursue a career in management, one gives up the security of seniority accrual after a certain time period, for the salary and perks of management.

Labor representatives should not concern themselves with who makes supervisor, or what benefits they retain. Labor representatives should only be focused on obtaining the best deal possible for those they represent, the labor workforce.

Too many "labor leaders" see themselves as extensions of management, and lose contact with those they should be most concerned with.

Right on point...once again! :)

Glad to see you still keeping a keen eye on the forum.

Uh...what is a "winfall" ? Is that like someone falling down after they cross the finish line?

Perhaps you meant Windfall?

Pitbull reel it in a little..the constant name calling of Mike Flores is tiresome and I dare say that you no longer have contact with 99% of the present supervisors so your assessment of their contract knowledge or reading ability might be a tad emotional....

The payment of union dues may be an issue but it is concern for F/A's is that the person they report to has a current,realistic and empathic viewpoint of an F/A's job.

Hey Dumbflier,

I missed the key "d". B)...over 7,200 posts... I am a fast typer, faster than my brain computes.

There is a Scandanavian proverb....You cannot make yourself taller by cutting off another man's head.

I admire Pitbull's knowledge and intelligence but name calling and making generalizations about people you don't even know is not passionate....it's a rant.

Passion is good as long as it is based on as many facts and figures you can gather and then present your viewpoint with great persistance. I don't see the use of the word "idiot" as passion. It is something else and you are welcome to fill in the blank.

I apologize about the spelling correction. It was an unnessary jab in return for the implication that all supervisors can't even read well. But Pitbull did leave the door wide open for the comeback.

If someone wants their assertion that 99% of supervisors cannot read a contract taken as fact, then they need to show me test results that reveal it. Otherwise it is a statment based on personal feelings which makes it an.......emotion....and not a vey nice one.

No. It's fact...called "empirical evidence".

I worked with Most of the supervisors and managers in inflight for almost 5 years...4 contracts ( 2000, 2002 summer, 2002 winter, 2004). They got to keep their jobs by mounting up disicplines in their group to eliminate "heads".

I would know...what are your facts to dispute my statements? The f/as take the supervisor to get off the line. They wiill do anything management and labor relations tell themn to do...period. I didn't say they are ALL like this (there were a very few that were good people and fair-minded...few indeed.

Not her point, moron.

Your attitude is why you have nothing to live for. It is why few at US have any self-respect, other than Baja and the few others that care.

Go drink some more Jack.

ussnark,

It's great that you have such a grasp on the english language to call someone a "Moron". As for my attitude, I have been here for 25 years. I have seen everything there is to see in the realm of AFA. Don't pretend to tell me what I should think, or feel.

I have opinions, just like yourself. I will vocalize, defend, and promote my thoughts. I go to union meetings, and speak my mind. Anyone that goes to them have seen me state my opinions. As for my self respect. I have more on my little finger, that you will have in your lifetime.

And as for Jack,
Shame on you...

Just my opinion...

As someone who has flown with Mike's wife and of course drilled her brain, I can honestly tell you that focus all you want on negotiations, the company is turning a blind eye to both east and west and is in NO hurry to have a single contract.

Just one other point, there are many more issues and duties besides negotiations...maybe not as important, but there none the less.

As someone who has flown with Mike's wife and of course drilled her brain, I can honestly tell you that focus all you want on negotiations, the company is turning a blind eye to both east and west and is in NO hurry to have a single contract.

Just one other point, there are many more issues and duties besides negotiations...maybe not as important, but there none the less.

:rolleyes: Much more important issues! Like giving supervisors senority back :lol: Meanwhile the reserves are left flapping in the breeze. :down:

:rolleyes: Much more important issues! Like giving supervisors senority back :lol: Meanwhile the reserves are left flapping in the breeze. :down:

I agree with you but I think you missed my point. Anyone can take one issue they find unimportant and make it APPEAR that the MEC is focused on only THAT issue.

IT MAKES ABSOLUTELY NO DIFFERENCE whether a f/a becomes a supervisor, or NON-f/a. In both cases I have found THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW THE CONTRACT, and where they do know it, they ignore it and go along with the company position specifically when there is some ambiguity.
The idiot Flores wrote the agenda item, had the MEC vote on the damn thing... and never bothered to check if it conflicts with the C&B and other current f/as seniority position.

SHOULDN'T THE MAIN ISSUE HERE NOT BE WHETHER THEY FLY FOR A TRIP A QUARTER BUT WHETHER THEY PAY THE DAMN UNION DUES TO HAVE THE PRIVILEGE OF ACCRUING F/A SENIORITY WHILE BEING IN A POSITION TO DISCIPLINE F/AS AND/OR CONTRIBUTE TO THEIR PEER TERMINATIONS!!!!

AND, they get to keep accruing their f/a seniority as a management cronnie; keep a contractual priviledge and pay NO union dues??????? What a deal!

Why on earth would the most compelling skill of being a f/a supv. be that they know the contract. Its about managing people overall and that involves many different things. You only need to know the contract because someone is not following terms or ambiguity.

Why would you even want to impede slightly the venue for f/a's to become supervisors or any advancement if they choose or aspired. Talk about motivation kill in the name of more dues.

I never understood why the issue was used as such a pawn during every negotiations. If F/a's would strike, supv might be required to work or face termination... A f/a that became a supv could be terminated for inefficiency or not performing their job scope and not have the option to go back to flying... They are asked to co-fly and do their regular job function... They have to learn new skills and hopefully strive to achieve on their own incentive. You're not going to pay dues for that.

So its the union selfishly trying to barter that.

If you ask for everything, you get a lot of very little things.

Why on earth would the most compelling skill of being a f/a supv. be that they know the contract. Its about managing people overall and that involves many different things. You only need to know the contract because someone is not following terms or ambiguity.

Why would you even want to impede slightly the venue for f/a's to become supervisors or any advancement if they choose or aspired. Talk about motivation kill in the name of more dues.

I never understood why the issue was used as such a pawn during every negotiations. If F/a's would strike, supv might be required to work or face termination... A f/a that became a supv could be terminated for inefficiency or not performing their job scope and not have the option to go back to flying... They are asked to co-fly and do their regular job function... They have to learn new skills and hopefully strive to achieve on their own incentive. You're not going to pay dues for that.

Please the co-fly has been in the contract for quite some time now and have you seen any of them fly a nasty domestic 4 day trip or any other trip for that matter. If the supervisor is in office for a couple of years I do not see a problem with them holding their seniority, but they should not hold their seniority if they make the office their career choice. When their seniority counted the supervisors who were flight attendants would receive their hourly pay just as if they were online, but the supervisors who were not flight attendants did not receive the same pay. Are they going to pay them differently again?

Please the co-fly has been in the contract for quite some time now and have you seen any of them fly a nasty domestic 4 day trip or any other trip for that matter. If the supervisor is in office for a couple of years I do not see a problem with them holding their seniority, but they should not hold their seniority if they make the office their career choice. When their seniority counted the supervisors who were flight attendants would receive their hourly pay just as if they were online, but the supervisors who were not flight attendants did not receive the same pay. Are they going to pay them differently again?

Maybe its because money is tighter that they aren't co-flying as much. Can't speak to today's environment. But I used to co-fly. Doubt anyone is out to pick up a nasty 4-day in doing so regardless. You're workload doesn't stop while you are out of office co-flying. It just piles up until you get back.

F/A supervisors who know the contract are betteras supervisors than non...is the current MECP, Mike Flores argument for submitting the agenda item to the voting members of the MEC at last reg. scheduled MEC meeting.

THAT'S NOT MY ARGUEMENT! (Reread the previous posts on this thread if you are going to use my quote as YOUR arguement).

Flight attendants can aspire to anything they want. There is no prohibition on f/as who want to aspire into a management position.

THAT IS JUST WHAT IT IS...MANAGEMNT. Therefore they should not be able to have one foot in labor without paying union dues and having the BENEFIT of a contractual provision such as f/a accrual, specifically because ACTIVE WORKING F/AS HAVE TO PAY DUES TO ENJOY THE PROVISIONS OF THE CONTRACT; and management f/a supervisors don't.

If these folks truly want to aspire and move the path of their careers from labor to management...there is no one that is stopping them. IF THEY WANT AN AFA UNION CONTRACT PROVISION WHILE THEY SEEK TO CLIMB THAT MANAGEMENT LADDER, then they should not be able to accrue f/a seniority. Period. And that is just what is currently in the 2004 contract!!!!!!! Voted on by active, union-paying members!!!!