Afghanistan

How about a long term presence would strategically keep Ivan from going back for the same thing?
Notice China wasn't aware much until they started manufacutring electronics.I'm sure Ivan is now.
Maybe that was the whole underlying reason/excuse for going in.

This is interesting inlight of our debt:

BEIJING — China, the world’s biggest producer of rare earth metals, is expected to become an importer of some of the materials as early as 2014 as it continues to develop its high-technology industries.
For more than two years, China has been trying to curb exports of rare earths, in part to redress environmental damage from decades of mining, and last year it effectively shut down its rare earth industry for three months. The country has also made it clear that it would prefer to be the biggest consumer of rare earth metals rather than the biggest producer.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/07/12/business/global/china-a-rare-earths-giant-set-to-start-importing-the-elements.html?_r=0

So with that, why is Obama willing to let troops stay there and not get our boys home?
He's surpassed Bush in KIA's already.....that sucks.

I guess I have to explain this again. GWB decided to spend America's blood and treassure on Iraq. With US troops and resources elsewhere the Taliban had breathing room to regroup. With no troop presence they could go into a village and take over.

What kills me about that is not even six months into his adminstration Dick Chenny was screaming about why was'nt he doing anything about Afghanistan.

I guess I have to explain this again. GWB decided to spend America's blood and treassure on Iraq. With US troops and resources elsewhere the Taliban had breathing room to regroup. With no troop presence they could go into a village and take over.

What kills me about that is not even six months into his adminstration Dick Chenny was screaming about why was'nt he doing anything about Afghanistan.

I guess I'll have to explain this again !

"Obama’s Watch: 39 Months, 69 Percent of Afghan War Casualties!"

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/obama-s-watch-39-months-69-percent-afghan-war-casualties

Sorry but, it's time for Barrack and his annointed followers to take responsibility !

I guess I'll have to explain this again !

"Obama’s Watch: 39 Months, 69 Percent of Afghan War Casualties!"

http://cnsnews.com/n...-war-casualties

Sorry but, it's time for Barrack and his annointed followers to take responsibility !

Wonder how things wold have turned out if those troops sent to Iraq were in Afghanistan instead. A lot harder for some Taliban wanabe to barge his way into a village if there are US servicemen already there. Care to answer that question?

So you were in the room when they made the desicions?
A lot of strategic BS is always on the table vetted out in various think tanks. Looking for an excuse to intervene in a country......its no knee jerk desicion.
Since you have soo much insight, explain why Obama is looking at a presence of a decade or more?

Wonder how things wold have turned out if those troops sent to Iraq were in Afghanistan instead. A lot harder for some Taliban wanabe to barge his way into a village if there are US servicemen already there. Care to answer that question?

Stop beating around the bush and making excuses ! Time for Barrack and his followers to take responsibility for something................anything !

So you were in the room when they made the desicions?
A lot of strategic BS is always on the table vetted out in various think tanks. Looking for an excuse to intervene in a country......its no knee jerk desicion.
Since you have soo much insight, explain why Obama is looking at a presence of a decade or more?

So I have to be in the room now? I don't think you have to be in the room or be in the know to figure out that troops and resources spent on Iraq were not troops and resources spent on Afghanistan. This is just common sense and histroical fact.

Stop beating around the bush and making excuses ! Time for Barrack and his followers to take responsibility for something................anything !

Keep living in a fantasy world where the actions of a previous administration have no affect on following ones.

Maybe it has something to do with being handed a *&^% sandwich from the previous adminstration. The President probably realizes that it's better to try and stabalize Afghanistan than just leave and have the place become a playgorund for the Taliban and their Al Queda buddies.

Keep living in a fantasy world where the actions of a previous administration have no affect on following ones.

If I live in a fantasy world, you live in a world of denial. Take responsibility for once in your life. I'll just blame the war in Iraq on Clinton, for not getting Bin Laden.....................now we're even !

If I live in a fantasy world, you live in a world of denial. Take responsibility for once in your life. I'll just blame the war in Iraq on Clinton, for not getting Bin Laden.....................now we're even !

What exactly does Iraq and Bin Laden have to do with each other? Just more proof you live in right wing fantasy land.

Maybe it has something to do with being handed a *&^% sandwich from the previous adminstration. The President probably realizes that it's better to try and stabalize Afghanistan than just leave and have the place become a playgorund for the Taliban and their Al Queda buddies.

Bush sends boys to Iraq, bad.....Obama keep them in Afghanistan and maybe end up with same KIA total, good.
dizzy.gif