Airbus Issue

Oct 31, 2003
Airbus jets will be taken out of service for overhauls as required by the Federal Aviation Administration, Castelveter said, but other planes will fill the gaps through the end of the year.

However, if the issue is not resolved by the first quarter of 2004, Castelveter said, US Airways will have to consider canceling some of its flights.

Karen Ferrick-Roman can be reached online at kroman@times online.com.

This is an excerpt from the complete article out of the Beaver County Times in Pa. today the 20th of Nov. The response given by Castelveter, the company spokesman, is again arrogant.

Comment: The company needs to grow the mainline so they can take their fixed costs and spread this over more available seat miles helping to reduce the cost per available seat mile. INCREASE revenue by not parking aircraft on the ground making zero, but puting them in the air where they are supposed to be.

For the whole article: Article Link

Will management heed or continue to bleed ????

Nice to see this website get mentioned in the media. :up:

"That's the rallying cry put out by David N. Siegel, president and chief executive officer of US Airways, in a letter sent to all employees on Tuesday. On Wednesday, the letter was posted online at www.USaviation.com."

seeking the truth said:
Airbus jets will be taken out of service for overhauls as required by the Federal Aviation Administration, Castelveter said, but other planes will fill the gaps through the end of the year.
However, if the issue is not resolved by the first quarter of 2004, Castelveter said, US Airways will have to consider canceling some of its flights.

Usairways talks about it being time to stand and fight, yet day after day of inaction on the airbus issue only puts them farther behind.
Usairways painted a very grim picture for the judge in Pittsburgh when they described how failure to allow them to take the airbus heavy checks to Singapore Technologies would harm the airline and the flying public through the holiday season, yet now it seems that this wasn't exactly true and now they apparently have it covered at least until the first quarter of 2004.
With the Airbus jets being parked one by one as they come due for the "S" check, and the fact that they don't have extra Boeing jets laying around doing nothing ,coupled with the fact that no apparent relief is coming from the court system, It looks like the only fighting they care for is with their employees.

The answer to your question is BLEED

Here's a suggestion: (although just a joke) Why not ask another airline, may be Southwest Airlines to fill our gap while the Airbus is out of service! I'm only kidding though! If we get to the point of cancelling flights, which cities would be hit first if any?

seeking the truth said:

Karen Ferrick-Roman can be reached online at kroman@times online.com.

This is an excerpt from the complete article out of the Beaver County Times in Pa. today the 20th of Nov. The response given by Castelveter, the company spokesman, is again arrogant.

Comment: The company needs to grow the mainline so they can take their fixed costs and spread this over more available seat miles helping to reduce the cost per available seat mile. INCREASE revenue by not parking aircraft on the ground making zero, but puting them in the air where they are supposed to be.

For the whole article: Article Link

The arrogance of this letter is sickening.

We may have to cancel flights after the 1st quarter of 2004 ?...yet WN is coming to fight us in our largest hub that nets 25% of our revenue in the following quarter.

They make no mention of honoring a court order should it go against them?..and it will !!

They make no mention of having a "Plan B" when the ruling possibly goes against them...Sound Familiar ???

By and large we have a group with a lack of vision running us...we will continue to run or continue to shrink...but without a dramatic change in thought and actions by our leadership? We are simply marking time.

BTW...I also sense another chance for the company to violate the CBA. If flights due cancel in 2004 due to Acft shortages? What does this say about the 279 fleet rule we have?

I firmly believe based on figures that I've posted , that the CBA is already violated with the number of parked A319's we have at present...yet more is to come. The company cannot use the excuse of being beyond it's control...it's within their control to honor the contract with the IAM...and i do believe a certain judge in western PA. agrees with that already.

Line mech,

Couldn't agree with you more !!! Wanted to get this information out to a broader base so that the customers and employees who still beleive in this management team see the deceit.

Like Pitbull and others have stated many times on these forums, They are arrogant and spread fear among the employees. Internally ask us to follow them, yet cannot live up to their (managements) end of the contracts.

Continue to badger the employees about costs yet what is management doing to attract customers ? We always are on the defensive. How about an offensive move into the competitors backyard ?

If as Dave states we have a superior product PROVE IT Dave. Start winning back passengers from the low cost carriers. MY hunch is it won't work because are product has fallen of a cliff since Dave has been here. NOT because of the RANK AND FILE members. But because of a failed business plan. IE, Nonexistant revenue growth. So guess what that leaves ??? MORE WHINING ABOUT COST CUTS

Will management heed or continue to bleed ???

robbedagain said:
If we get to the point of cancelling flights, which cities would be hit first if any?
I would suspect that some short haul flights would start to go to PSA with thier shiny new CRJs.

That is a great managment decision!!! Lets park the aircraft while all the while still paying the lease payments, and then due to the aircraft shortage lets cancel some flights and force customer's to use other airlines. I realize I am just a "confused " mechanic but someone please explain to me how this is generating revenue for our company? :blink:

time to stand up and fight??looks like the company is following the IAM'S lead here,LINEMECH.
i'm sure all the "undue hardships "and "catasrophic losses" will bite them in the shorts in Philly.
like they say..."anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law".
all the legal whining and they still run the airline pretty much status quo day in day out.in fact if there was any "undue hardship" i'd be inclined to say they did endure such when they started flying aircraft 700 for revenue.

Back