Us Airways To Make Deeper Cuts

I am brand new to this forum. Please be kind.

I have known US Airways employees for almost 8 years. I feel that I know the industry pretty well for a non airline person.

The company should be fixing their own problems and not asking for the employees for more pay cuts.

Correct me if I am wrong...however, these are the things that I feel could be addressed:

1. Deadheads are a waste of the company's money. They should find a way to minimize them. Perhaps they could learn how to schedule better. What a concept!

2. Speaking of scheduling better, they waste the flight attendants' and pilots' time by having them sit so much. If they used them to the fullest extent possible, perhaps they could cut back on the number of employees needed or at least have enough reserves when they are needed. There are too many examples to give here. However, a 4-trip worth 20 hours can be split up this way: day 1 - 7 hours, day 2 - 7 hours, day 3 - 5 hours, day 4 - 1 hour. It's obvious that they can schedule high time days (they're exhausting, but possible). Many flight attendants and pilots live away from their base and struggle to get their time in for the month. If each day were worth nearly 7 hours, it would allow them to make better use of their time away from home and it would help the company to utilize their staff better.

Again...please be kind. I look forward to your comments.

To all the hardworking and dedicated employees of UAIR,

These people want the path of least resistance. So far it's been us.

What is their business plan ?

What I really mean is : What is their MAINLINE business plan ?
There are plenty of ways to increase revenue on our property. They've made
a decision not to do that.

What they want us to do is support the dismantling of our mainline to fund
rj's.

Again I ask, " What is their MAINLINE Business Plan ? "

They want a meet. Great. When we show, we want them to tell us
what their Mainline Business Plan is to increase Revenue.

Sincerely,

THEIR BUSINESS PLAN:
BET CLT AND PHL ARE NEXT--CORRECT ME IF I;M WRONG.

MORE CITIES GOING EXPRESS..

ALMOST 20 YRS AND NOT EVEN A VISIONARY.

CCY-GO POUND SALT!!!!!

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:

Hey DAVE............

I gave when you made my STATION EXPRESS.

So your option is get a better Business Plan.........or let me don't

I have common sense.

I know you can't take full jet flights and put RJ's on the route
and give the rest of the business to other airlines.

Oh by the way thanks for taking the RJ that was full out of our station and
putting a Dash 8 on the route to cover our MIDWAY ROUTES.

YOU TRUELY ARE A LOSER.....

SO, I VOTE YOU GET NO MORE MONEY ...YOUR FIRED

:up: :up: :up:

golden1 said:
OFFER A BUYOUT( line forms behind me), THOSE THAT WISH TO TAKE IT****waves hand*******,TAKE A FEW THOUSAND, MED, FLYING AND TURN
ME LOOSE!

that's a business plan that will work______or>>>>>>>>>>>>

DUMP DAVE NOW :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:
I always wondered why U virtually never offered sepaaration incentives to get rid of senior employees. Why not offer anyone with 20 yrs, regardless of age, the right to leave early with travel bennies? In the case of CS types, you could hire 2 1/2 newbies for every $20+/hr employee you get to leave. After several years, I finally realized that there was a method to U's madness. They were closing stations or downsizing to express, cutting pay and benefits, making life more miserable for everyone. They were actaully getting people to leave without paying a penny in separation incentives. It is truly unfortunate for those who have made a career with U, that their management has been, since the 80s, shockingly incompetent. Their basic business plan was to rely on charging monopoly fares in smaller markets they served exclusively. Then hope and pray that LCCs never moved in. If they did, then cut and run! They paid absolute top dollar for airlines like Piedmont, PSA, etc, thus making their financial health even shakier. In the case of PSA's route network, they abandoned many of the routes/stations they paid through the nose for! They have had a series of very expensive CEOs who have been totally incompetent. In the case of W&G, their idea of running an airline was repainting the planes, renaming it, and sprucing up the place for sale to UAL, an idea which was a non-starter from the get-go because anyone with any expertise should have known the government would never approve it. Even when you packaged it with a truly doofie brainf*rt of an idea like DC Air (designed also to put many dollars into the pocket of W's boardroom buddy). U is in a state of constant war with their employees, who they view as liabilities. They would rather spend, for example, 20 million dollars fighting the employees than give them the 10 million a demand would cost. They weasel their way out of union agreements and promised pensions and the only "ideas" they have are to cut, cut, cut. They would probably find a way to lose money even if their employees paid for the right to work for U! Short of returning to the days of airline regulation, which ain't gonna happen, this management doesn't have a chance in the world to turn this company around. I believe WN's entrance into PHL is the final nail in U's coffin. Perhaps more LCCs at CLT and PIT will provide even more fasteners for that coffin, when that occurs.

Ag,

You 'nutshelled' it quite nicely.

Adding to that, it has been my looong experience with U that there are a dismaying number of middle/upper management types who GET OFF screwing the troops.

Latest posts