Aircraft upgrade questions?

flyJOE

Advanced
Oct 26, 2005
Concord, NC (former PHL)
I'm hoping somebody within a dept. like inventory control, aircraft sked, etc.. can help me out. The company I am working with is doing a large scale event and on the return flt into CLT on 5/20, we managed to sell out the flight. It was operated with a 737-300. We have dozens more we need to book and I wanted to see if somebody can give me a contact number to see about an A/C upgrade.

If memory serves me correctly, the easiest upgrade possibility would be to a 737-400 and to try and get a 757 or A-321 is probably next to impossible.

I worked with US Airways (east) for 6 years, but all of the old contacts were back in the CCY days. I called the More Care desk & was transferred to the Group Desk, but the message of 'your approx. hold time will 46 minutes' has me looking here for help.

Thanks in advance!

I'm hoping somebody within a dept. like inventory control, aircraft sked, etc.. can help me out. The company I am working with is doing a large scale event and on the return flt into CLT on 5/20, we managed to sell out the flight. It was operated with a 737-300. We have dozens more we need to book and I wanted to see if somebody can give me a contact number to see about an A/C upgrade.

If memory serves me correctly, the easiest upgrade possibility would be to a 737-400 and to try and get a 757 or A-321 is probably next to impossible.

I worked with US Airways (east) for 6 years, but all of the old contacts were back in the CCY days. I called the More Care desk & was transferred to the Group Desk, but the message of 'your approx. hold time will 46 minutes' has me looking here for help.

Thanks in advance!

Could you not possibly charter a flight? I don't know if it would be cheaper, but that may be the ticket.

Could you not possibly charter a flight? I don't know if it would be cheaper, but that may be the ticket.

We're already chartering a flight & will fill that up, but that is more reserved for local travelers. The bigger challenge is for all of those that live in smaller towns like GRR, CRW, MOB, MDT where there is not enough to do a charter and we're looking for the lift on US via CLT or DL via ATL.

Surprisingly, DL has already given me an A/C upgrade.

We're already chartering a flight & will fill that up, but that is more reserved for local travelers. The bigger challenge is for all of those that live in smaller towns like GRR, CRW, MOB, MDT where there is not enough to do a charter and we're looking for the lift on US via CLT or DL via ATL.

Surprisingly, DL has already given me an A/C upgrade.
Possible try Group Travel at US

Group Travel Rates (Domestic) 877-USGroups
8 a.m.- 8 p.m. M-F Eastern time
Closed Sa-Su

Postal Mail US Airways
Attn: Group & Specialty Travel
799 Hanes Mall Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103

Possible try Group Travel at US

Group Travel Rates (Domestic) 877-USGroups
8 a.m.- 8 p.m. M-F Eastern time
Closed Sa-Su

Postal Mail US Airways
Attn: Group & Specialty Travel
799 Hanes Mall Blvd.
Winston-Salem, NC 27103

Thanks.. I just got through to the Groups Dept & they told me that 'things have changed' and I have to go through Tempe now. They couldn't find a number so I was given the general switchboard number at Tempe HQ & told to tell my story & they would transfer me.

I'm really wanting to sell US, but it's sure hard.

DL gave me an upgrade from a CRJ to a CR7. It wasn't a lot, but it helped. Now I'm trying them for a CR9 or even an MD-88 if they can.