Code Share Nonsense

USFlyer said:
ITRADE, do you know if UA's seating chart lists our US status? Someone told me it actually lists us as UA's equivalent. i.e., a US1 would show as 1K, a US2 would show as Premier Executive and a US3 would show as Premier. I know the last time I flew UA F the UA F/A in First made a big deal about my status, and I was semi assuming US1 would have been meaningless to him.
I believe they are listed as:

1U, 2U, and 3U on the UA manifests/computers.

Or, I know to a fact that a CP is a 1U, since that's the status that has shown up on Departure Management cards I've received while trying to upgrade on UA metal.

I know it doesn't show as 1U, 2U, or 3U since I was trying to figure out what that meant while I was reading it. The UA manifest tells us you are a US flyer and sorts your status (along with the other ff's). It lays it right out to us who has the highest priority.

Here's a code share story I can't understand.

I'm flying to SAP (San Pedro Sula, Honduras) from IAD 16 Jan. Obviously US or UA don't fly there. Orbitz showed a flight (under US tab) for $550 round trip. After closer scrutiny of the orbitz itinerary, the trip showed IAD to MIA (UA) MIA to SAP (Taca Int'l).

Out of curiosity (I hate paying the $5 booking charge to Orbitz) I tried booking the flight at UA’s website - not able - UA doesn't fly to SAP.

Ok, I take a long shot and try booking the flight at US website... Not a problem and $15 bucks cheaper.

I'm puzzled - I booked a flight on US’s website flying UA and Taca. Does US have a secret code share agreement with Taca? Will I get miles for the MIA - SAP segment?

Puzzled, but happy with the outcome.
<_<