Airline Will Ask To Hire Outside Help If Needed

700UW

Corn Field
Nov 11, 2003
NC
Airline will ask to hire outside help if needed

STAN CHOE, KERRY HALL AND ADAM BELL

Staff Writers

As US Airways prepares to ask a bankruptcy judge today to temporarily slash employees' pay, it also will seek permission to hire outside workers in the event of labor disruptions.

Click here for Story

Labor Distruptions ???? I believe that this is a joke for the simple reason that everyone knows that such actions would only expedite a formal liquidation of U.

On the other hand...seeking outside work in the event that employee's start quiting in mass is complete 'Union Busting BS" on the companies part.

Should hundreds or thousands quit due to not being able to stomach whats taking place?...we still have thousands in all classifications that are eligable to be recalled. This company move is but another method of riding itself completely of the very people that built this airline. Labor is not what destroyed it to bgin with as most know.

Should a judge go along with managements requests on such issues? It will become crystal clear that someone has been bought off.

I have to agree with Senator Spector of Pa. , everything needs to be brought out before any concessions are TAKEN or remotely agreed too. I also share the view that this company needs to be placed in a court appointed trustee's hands...as nobody with the real power at present has any degree of airline knowledge to base running one upon. This fact alone should scare the creditors or potential investors more than anything else. I think old Arlen is on to something this time...and he needs to make up for Santorums previous blunder regarding the RC4...but at least he did try to make amends for those ill informed and off the cuff comments.

Management shouldn't prepare for labor disruptions but prepare for labor distruction!

Bought off?????????? The judge isnt interested in feelings, nor is he interested in what we call union busting. He has an obligation to protect creditors, and will follow the law. We all had a chance to stop this didnt we?

Bob Lemon, a customer service agent and 26-year US Airways veteran, is hoping for a buyout. At 51, Lemon was planning to retire at 55 to try a new career in city planning. But a 23 percent pay cut, he said, would make him want to leave earlier.
i like this guy.....how they say..what is reality?

Companies are legally permitted to hire permanent replacement workers in the event of a strike - they only get into trouble when they hire TEMPORARY replacements.

True, but if you are talking about contracting out the work, then you are talking about permanently eliminating jobs, not just replacing the worker in the job. I'm not sure that's covered in the law.

usfliboi said:
Bought off?????????? The judge isnt interested in feelings, nor is he interested in what we call union busting. He has an obligation to protect creditors, and will follow the law. We all had a chance to stop this didnt we?
[post="183883"][/post]​
That's like saying to the terminal cancer patient. "Boy you should have bought vitamin pills when I was selling them"

Wake Up fly child, you're dreaming.

usfliboi said:
[post="183883"][/post]​

how could the unions negogiate anything with these inept clowns when they company kept giving worse and worse offers? to me that is definetly not mgmt negogiating in good faith. the unions gave back tremendous amounts only to seeit squandered to the clowns that did leave with their golden parachutes and the big bucks all for the failure of the clowns to do the proper thing and get the airline turned around.

700UW said:
Airline will ask to hire outside help if needed

STAN CHOE, KERRY HALL AND ADAM BELL

Staff Writers

As US Airways prepares to ask a bankruptcy judge today to temporarily slash employees' pay, it also will seek permission to hire outside workers in the event of labor disruptions.

Click here for Story
[post="183874"][/post]​

It's time that employees start to make waves about what happens to scabs. You screw a union worker, we screw you. REALLY screw you. Remember those who crossed the Eastern lines? We'll make it a time to remember and make sure your future career is a living hell if you DARE to take a union job or disrupt a labor action.

:up: :up:

Phantom, as much as we hate to admit, it is labor that played a major role, not only in the downfall of US Airways, but of all legacy carriers, along with mis-management. Everybody wanted the largest piece of the pie as possible; and now the pie is finished.