Airline Will Ask To Hire Outside Help If Needed

It's better to have a large portion of the pie tha no pie.

Nobody should be surprised about this move. Remember when I previoiusly discussed "pain", well it's here and it's nobody's fault but the union leadership and the militants.

This all could have been avoided with pay cuts much less than the proposed S.1113(e) motion.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

marco90821 said:
Phantom, as much as we hate to admit, it is labor that played a major role, not only in the downfall of US Airways, but of all legacy carriers, along with mis-management. Everybody wanted the largest piece of the pie as possible; and now the pie is finished.
[post="184167"][/post]​

Marco,

To a degree I see and somewhat agree with what you are saying , afterall it's human nature to attempt to better ones situation , unless you are just completely nuts?

On the other hand...and regarding U itself Vs the other legacy carriers throughout the years. U has had a history of shrinking or cowaring against any and all whom offer up opposition to markets that we traditionally controlled. Labor didn't shrink from the fight "Upper Management" did.

U's "Upper Management" was also the very same people that all but force-fed contracts to the laboring groups that called for parity plus 1% Vs. the other legacy carriers. How in a right-minded world could a (at the time) #6 airline in the US offer such things Vs. the offerings being made to others at some of the largest airlines in the entire world? ( I.E. AA,UA.DL, CO and the alike).

U's upper management coward at domestic competition in the west...and then it started the same old crap in mid-atlantic region. When one limits themselves to the ability to make money..you cannot offer mirroring wages at any level and expect for life to go on as it always has. I agree that both sides of the coin are guilty of grabbing all they can , when they can , yet some of labor is still here grinding it out day to day...and soon to be for far less . all the while failed leader after leader has walked away with Millions upon Millions in cash and continued benefits that are seemingly endless.

U can be saved IMHO...but if we are to survive? , all will have to pay some degree of due-diligence to make it happen. This meaning..if my contract can be tossed asside?...so should the promises made to everyone whom had a steering role n U' decline. (I.E. Schoefield , Wolf , Gangwhal and for certain Seigel)

We will likely never be able to recover a dime of their parting bounties..but the continued travel perks and insurance benefits can certainly be cut off in at least a token attempt to stop the bleeding. They can afford it better than anyone of us can afterall.

Logic dictates..that everything that does't promote profits..needs to be addressed , other than retirement obligations to those whom dedicated their lives to this business.

Schoefield is one thing....but in my opinion , Wolf and the other collection of "Fly-by-Nights" should not be getting anything beyond a one time seperation settlement. Allowing them a lifetime of perks while Rome burns and others continue to dedicate themselves to this job under the threats of reductions in wages , furloughs or even worse is simply distastefull....and those rewards should be challenged with all the other labor issues while under Chapter 11 this time.

Simply put...if the agreements with labor can be challenged , abrogated , or likewise tossed...so should theirs , only quicker. They led us to this point , labor just did its job as they directed it to be done.

usfliboi said:
Bought off?????????? The judge isnt interested in feelings, nor is he interested in what we call union busting. He has an obligation to protect creditors, and will follow the law. We all had a chance to stop this didnt we?
[post="183883"][/post]​

No...we did not have a chance to stop this...there is NO SUCH ANIMAL.

Specter is being ASKED to write a letter and also introduce a Bill that when companies seek BK protection, just as creditors ARE protected ...labor must have protections as well from pension/retirment eliminations and contract provisions.

The idea of the company proposing 15% paycuts and then 10 days later going to court for 23% is over reaching, disingenuous, opportunistic. When a managment asks for "relief" to hire from outside for assistance if needed...IS UNION BUSTING. IF APPROVED...UNION BUSTING IS SANCTIONED BY THE COURTS.

LAWS MUST CHANGE!

THAT IS WHAT LABOR DEMANDS; LEGISLATIVE REFORM FROM OUR ELECTED LEADERS...OR THEY DON'T GET REELECTED BY ANY LABOR VOTE.

The unions have not prepared their membership, nor themselves ($$$), for a strike.

It would have been wise to have done so about a year ago.

The fact that they have not done so informs the company they are not prepared to do so, neutralizing the most potent weapon they have.

And yes, I FULLY realize strike=BK 7.

I also realize that while managment has a gun to labors' head, labor does NOT have one at managments'.

I am reminded of the old joke about the painless dentist, where the punchline goes "...that's right, and we're not going to hurt each other, are we?"

Good idea! They can start at the TOP!
[post="184347"][/post]​
[/quote]

Best Plan I've heard in years for this company!...oh, wait, we've already done that again and again..

USA320Pilot said:
It's better to have a large portion of the pie tha no pie.

Nobody should be surprised about this move. Remember when I previoiusly discussed "pain", well it's here and it's nobody's fault but the union leadership and the militants.

This all could have been avoided with pay cuts much less than the proposed S.1113(e) motion.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="184180"][/post]​

USA320,

The ALPA proposal BEFORE BK was 21%....for 5 years.

I'd rather take 23% for 6 months than 21 for 5 years.

The co. has just declared war on their employees. No one wins.

USA320Pilot said:
[post="184180"][/post]​

Wrong.

The company wanted the CWA to top out at $13.10 in their proposal and the 1113e takes them down to about $15.44.

USFLYBOI and A320Pile-It,

You two can't be serious about stopping this "pain" if we only gave them concessions as they wanted are you?? Nobody can be that naive!!! All you would have accomplished is establishing a new low wage rate to begin cutting from in BK2. Get it?? Just as your 19% turned into 23% in a matter of days. That is about as vindictive as it gets <_< !! More extortion and blackmail :down: :down:

You two suckers can go ahead and feel sorry for yourselves and make all the excuses that you want. But the reality of it all is that this mis-management group NEVER had any intentions of bargaining in good faith. PERIOD. That is more evident with each passing day in court. They even have the audacity to ask for permission to hire replacement (low wage) workers in spite of giving all the working employees the shaft :angry: !!! If that isn't the greatest display of union busting I do not know what is.

That's why all of the mechanic's toolboxes come equiped with wheels. The boxes roll out just as easily as they roll in. This labor friendly management has DIRECTLY threatened my livelihood with the announcement of their intention to farmout the A330 checks (like I said they would 700). So be it. I will ride this monster into the ground. And if it takes a picket line to kill this "cancer" of an airline so others might have a better future then I say let's do it!!! DELETED