Airlines Abandon Fuel Related Price Hike -

I just popped over to the Northwest board and there's a current thread regarding more furloughs.

I'd be pretty upset if I were facing a layoff and my company was primarily responsible for hindering a return to higher yields and profitability.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/18/2003 3:58:37 AM Diversion wrote:

I just popped over to the Northwest board and there's a current thread regarding more furloughs.

I'd be pretty upset if I were facing a layoff and my company was primarily responsible for hindering a return to higher yields and profitability.

----------------
[/blockquote]

Not just layoffs, don/t forget they anounced they will be asking for concessions.

I do belive if I worked at NWA I would be one of the most militant union members around! They have the nerve to be asking for give-backs while they are deliberatly lowering yields on flights. I'm sure management will find sympathetic ears at the NW unions. Yeah Right!!

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/18/2003 8:43:10 PM DFWCC wrote:

Just maybe, NWA thinks they will hurt UA more than themselves. That they can outlast UA. Thus speeding UA's liquidation.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Looking forward to UA's liquidation, are we? You're living in a glass house, my friend.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/18/2003 8:43:10 PM DFWCC wrote:

Just maybe, NWA thinks they will hurt UA more than themselves. That they can outlast UA. Thus speeding UA's liquidation.
----------------
[/blockquote]

I'd pondered the same thing myself. I can honestly see no other reason for not going along with the fare increases.