Airlines scamble to add phone staff

Their English was impeccable. I had an easier time understanding them than I have understanding some
of the New England accents I've encountered.
16.gif

From a call center website.
There are an estimated 50,000 young English-speaking Indians who work in call centers. They are usually in their early 20s, just out of college and up all night answering calls. Most even claim assuming a foreign accent for long periods causes sore throats. Some call center workers are so consumed by the accent they employ at work that they accidentally take it home, only to be ridiculed by their near and dear. Not surprisingly, the attrition rate is high in the call center business. Thirty to 40 percent of the workers quit in a year. But they are quickly replaced because there are enough English-speaking youngsters in India available for jobs that pay $160 to $300 per month.

Unbeatable Prices
By locating our underlying infrastructure in India, we are able to tap into a large pool of English-speaking, computer literate and technically skilled graduate workforce, which is able to deliver superior quality service at very low costs.
Qualification
Graduate’s degree from well-known University with English as the medium of instruction.
Strong English language communication skills (both verbal and written) required.

It really doesn't matter how many res agents they
add unless the calls are properly serviced and these
agents can do their job without having to be paranoid about their timers. By the way who's the VP
of Res this week?
14.gif