Maybe It Isn't All Just US's Fault

Not a good departure stat, but look at how many are in the 15-30 minute range....thats easy to makeup in the air and during taxi to the gate after landing.

I can make up 15 minutes on a seven hour flight, maybe.

You are likely not a pilot. Your off-hand comment is either out of ignorance or stupidity, I would hope.

If, indeed, you are considered a pilot by some fool, are you saying that you cost a company some 15 to 30 minutes each leg, deliberately? Unless you decide to "save" money? Sounds like theft, to me.

Keep in mind, US led all legacy carriers in on time performance for 2006 and there was plenty of bad weather. It wasn't until we did away with Sabre that the operation tanked.

Slightly opinionated difference.

Sabre propped up a marginal operation. Removing Sabre allowed the operation to collapse into the mud.

Well, just watched that Crew News recently posted on the Hub, and DP states that the "nesting" of the European departures is obviously not working, and if we lose gates to Delta in the coming months, we will reduce European flying next year, and very possibly pull the China application. His words. So, I imagine the operation will run alot smoother next year with ~10 less intl departures, so worry not. Relief is on the way! :up:

Well, just watched that Crew News recently posted on the Hub, and DP states that the "nesting" of the European departures is obviously not working, and if we lose gates to Delta in the coming months, we will reduce European flying next year, and very possibly pull the China application. His words. So, I imagine the operation will run alot smoother next year with ~10 less intl departures, so worry not. Relief is on the way! :up:

I wonder if we pull the plug on 10 destinations if Doug will sell the routes? That way he can boost his incentive bonuses for showing the world how financially strong we are. In addition, rewarding himself with more stock options for doing a great job.

He was told over and over it wasn't working. How many times do we have to be clobbered for team Tempe to get it? Too little too late. dear dad, send help soon.

I wonder if we pull the plug on 10 destinations if Doug will sell the routes? That way he can boost his incentive bonuses for showing the world how financially strong we are. In addition, rewarding himself with more stock options for doing a great job.

He was told over and over it wasn't working. How many times do we have to be clobbered for team Tempe to get it? Too little too late. dear dad, send help soon.
True, but the point is that he acknowledges that we cant operate PHL intl flights like we did this summer, and, without further cooperation from the airport, we will reduce the transatlantic flying next year, as well as possibly pull the China application. That should make people here alot happier! Lots more spare a/c, less congestion at PHL, LOTS more spare reserve crews to address this summers chronic understaffing, etc. I am glad that DP is finally "getting it". He has listened.

True, but the point is that he acknowledges that we cant operate PHL intl flights like we did this summer, and, without further cooperation from the airport, we will reduce the transatlantic flying next year, as well as possibly pull the China application. That should make people here alot happier! Lots more spare a/c, less congestion at PHL, LOTS more spare reserve crews to address this summers chronic understaffing, etc. I am glad that DP is finally "getting it". He has listened.

The point is and was, if you drop 10 destinations it's use 'em or lose 'em. I think a smart man would sell them first. Spare a/c sitting on the ground produce what? Thats an awful lot of idle rent money going out the door. I am sure they will fly those planes somewhere. What makes you think team Tempe cares how happy we are?

You're right though, we can't /couldn't keep this pace and usage up forever. Hence the meltdown.

Sounds more like brinksmanship. Hey PHL airport, give us the gates and space or we're done. Have no clue how the routes were awarded though. They could be tranfered to another city but I doubt it.

He may have listened, but the options are limited. IMO.

The point is and was, if you drop 10 destinations it's use 'em or lose 'em. I think a smart man would sell them first. Spare a/c sitting on the ground produce what? Thats an awful lot of idle rent money going out the door. I am sure they will fly those planes somewhere. What makes you think team Tempe cares how happy we are?

You're right though, we can't /couldn't keep this pace and usage up forever. Hence the meltdown.

Sounds more like brinksmanship. Hey PHL airport, give us the gates and space or we're done. Have no clue how the routes were awarded though. They could be tranfered to another city but I doubt it.

He may have listened, but the options are limited. IMO.
Could we sell these routes that they cancel? Did we buy them in the first place?

I thought that part of the problem with this summers TA issues was that they were spreading the fleet too thin. Would it make more sense to have spare AC sitting around, or trying to fly an unsustainable schedule with a fleet spread too thin? Which loses more money?

My whole point is that people on here have been saying for months that we are spreading our resources too thin, and they should only be too overjoyed at the prospect of less flights, more reserves for irregular ops, and an overall smoother operation for PHL mgmt to focus on. I for one look forward to sitting around on RSV next summer!

Another pretty good day for ops yesterday (Aug 29) - 81 pct on time for mainline and 83.7 for Regional. Low cancellation rate as wel.

Latest posts