Airlines Spruce Up Web Sites

BoeingBoy

Veteran
Nov 9, 2003
Airlines spruce up Web sites to spur sales

By Keith L. Alexander
The Washington Post

WASHINGTON -- United Airlines e-mailed many of its frequent fliers this month asking for about "9 minutes" of their time for a survey on the airline's Web site. The survey not only sought opinions about United's current site but gave a link for fliers to review a proposed design.
United isn't alone in seeking views on a possible revamp of its home page. Other airlines, including US Airways, have drawn on customers for help in improving their online presence.

Article

Jim

It wouldn't take too much to fix Usairways.com. Probably everyone on this forum could give a few suggestions.

Mine are to have a "back" button that works without cancelling the itinerary that is being worked on and to allow multiple destinations.

I havent found the USAir site very friendly for buying tickets. I usually use it to get some idea of flights and fares then call to buy the ticket. I have found the AA site to be much easier to use and I often buy tickets for them online. On US the back button is particularly annoying. Also is the inability when buying by price to see what is available until you go through a number of selections.

Latest posts