Airtran Starts Mli-las

rumorboy

Aug 22, 2002
Press Release Source: AirTran Airways

AirTran Airways Announces Non-Stop Service Between Moline/Quad Cities and Las Vegas
Thursday March 25, 4:30 pm ET
Non-stop Service Begins June 17, 2004

ORLANDO, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--March 25, 2004--AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings, Inc. (NYSE:AAI - News), today announced the airline will add nonstop service from Quad City International Airport to Las Vegas McCarran International Airport. The new flights will begin June 17, 2004.
"We are thrilled to add another exciting destination to our Moline/Quad Cities destination portfolio," said AirTran Airways manager of public relations Judy Graham-Weaver at a press conference to unveil the new destination today. "We expect this market will be as enthusiastically embraced by our valued Moline customers as our current service to Atlanta and Orlando."

"I am very pleased that AirTran Airways has made a commitment to our region with this announcement of non-stop service to Las Vegas," said Bruce Carter, AAE, Director of Aviation at Quad City International Airport. "Las Vegas is consistently one of our top-five destinations from the Quad City International Airport, and travelers from Eastern Iowa and Western Illinois will benefit from this improved service. Las Vegas is popular year-round, and easy access will make the flights very successful."

Listed below are the new nonstop flights beginning June 17, 2004:

Moline/Quad Cities - Las Vegas

Departs Arrives Frequency
----------------------------------------------------------------------
10:30 p.m. 12:05 a.m. Thursday through Monday

Las Vegas - Moline/Quad Cities

Departs Arrives Frequency
12:55 a.m. 6:10 a.m. Friday through Tuesday(i)
(i) Denotes first flight June 18, 2004.

AirTran Airways is one of America's largest low-fare airlines - employing more than 5,600 professional Crew Members and operating 508 flights a day to 45 destinations. The airline's hub is at Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport, the world's busiest airport by passenger volume, where it is the second largest carrier operating 188 flights per day. AirTran Airways, a subsidiary of AirTran Holdings (NYSE:AAI - News), is the world's largest operator of the Boeing 717 and has the youngest all-Boeing fleet of any airline. In 2004, the airline will begin taking delivery of new Boeing 737-700s. For reservations or more information, visit http://www.airtran.com (America Online Keyword: AirTran).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AirTran Airways, Orlando
Tad Hutcheson, 407-251-5578
[email protected]
or
Judy Graham-Weaver, 770-907-5054
[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: AirTran Airways

Email this story - Set a News Alert

:huh:

Very interesting route. I don't think there has ever been scheduled n/s service between these 2 cities. I believe that AWA operated direct sevice in the late 80s and the stop was in CID. I could be wrong on that. Good luck to Airtran on this route.