Brian Holl – Local 34 ASA Airline Representative
Alan Templeman – Local 14 ASA Airline Representative
Liz Davidson – ASA Cleaner/Utility Negotiator

Participants for Alaska Airlines:
George Bagley – Executive Vice President, Operations
Keith Loveless – Vice President, Legal/Corporate Affairs
Fred Mohr – Vice President, Maintenance & Engineering
Dave Schwartz – Manager, M&E Union Relations

On April 19, 2004, Alaska Airlines presented a contractual term proposal to the ASA Negotiating Committee and accompanying Airline Representatives for review. With its proposal, the Company is attempting to establish long-term contracts (5 years) at market wages in an attempt to provide more stability for the Company in the near future.

The proposal included date of signing adjustments to the “Schedule A†rates of pay for both the Technician and Fleet Service pay schedules. It increased the steps to top-out on the Technician schedule by 3 steps, from 8 to 11. Downstream-year pay adjustments would be calculated by averaging the market rates of Alaska’s competitors. The Company did acknowledge that if the market rates did drop in the next five years, our pay scales would be dropped accordingly. Additionally, the Company’s proposal was conditional on the AMFA membership accepting the management health plan and premium contribution rates.

The Negotiating Committee and accompanying Airline Representatives have identified several items within the Company proposal that will require further analysis by AMFA’s financial advisors and legal counsel. The details of the management health plan and premium contribution rates have been requested from the Company, and clear definitions of the terms “market rates†and “average market rate†would have to be identified before the Negotiating Committee could provide a response to the Company proposal.

Information pertaining to this situation will be distributed as it becomes available.

Fraternally,
The AMFA-ASA Negotiating Committee and accompanying Airline Representatives

Amfa is now in negotiations with 4 Airlines! They will be entering at NWA later this Year! Makes you wonder!

So you are touting this letter from their contract negotiations?

Before you get much further, you should provide this board with a definition of Alaska's Fleet Service covered by this negotiation.

Market Rates?

Do you mean those established by the TWU throughout the industry since 1983?

Are you promoting the fact that because the TWU has had industry leading contracts in the wrong direction for twenty years that Alaska Airlines labor should share in the hardships provided to the TWU membership?

Are you hoping that the pay and benefit cuts that the TWU negotiated at American Airlines set the "average market rate"?

The twu has a very difficult time with " CRAFT and CLASS". Here's some help twu for your future lists........DEAD PEOPLE DON'T COUNT!!!!!!!!
You fools embarass what few supporters you have left!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith.....VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop the Bus..I Want Off! said:
The twu has a very difficult time with " CRAFT and CLASS". Here's some help twu for your future lists........DEAD PEOPLE DON'T COUNT!!!!!!!!
You fools embarass what few supporters you have left!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep the Faith.....VOTE AMFA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Are you saying Dead people can't vote :shock:
That is typical discrimination, the TWU thinks everyone should be represented regardless of job classification, sexual orientation, or status of life or death, wheres the Love AMFA ;)

Amfa Has Fleet Service Clerks in their Contract? So their deception of a Mechanic Union is false?

Functions of Fleet Service Buck? That is one of my points! While segregating them in a possible representative election at AA while including them at an Airline they represent?

Checking it Out said:
Amfa Has Fleet Service Clerks in their Contract? So their deception of a Mechanic Union is false?

Functions of Fleet Service Buck? That is one of my points! While segregating them in a possible representative election at AA while including them at an Airline they represent?
Check the "JOB FUNCTION" moron.

A "Fleet Service Clerk" at ALASKA is an AIRCRAFT CLEANER at AA.

Way to go Clue-less In Oklahoma, you demostrated your ignorance of the facts once again. :shock:

CIO:

I thought for just a moment that I could give you the opportunity, to do a little research before you responded in such a fashion. The AMFA organizers have known of the Alaska Fleet Service issue for years. I thought that as much research that you appear to do, that you would have found that one.