Alaska To get Paine Field All To Themselves

swamt

Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Now United set to pull out of Paine Field leaving it all to Alaska, the only airline to serve PF left all alone. Off top of my head I can not remember why SWA backed off of starting the PF flights and now United also gives up. Maybe SWA saw the writing on the wall prior to even starting flights there. Alaska may have a monopoly there by end of this year or early next.

I was always skeptical that PAE would work as an alternative to SEA.

Everett's far enough off the beaten path that people won't consider driving the extra 20-40 minutes.

So you think Alaska will stick it out? 2 biggies pulling out may help out Alaska should they choose to remain, the passenger LF's will decide all that for them. Interesting and will continue to watch how it continues for Alaska.

Dunno. The other airlines pulling out means that AS gets burdened with the full cost of operating the checkpoint and other public areas.

Dunno. The other airlines pulling out means that AS gets burdened with the full cost of operating the checkpoint and other public areas.
True, no longer will it get shared by 50%.

And Alaska keeps growing at Paine Field all by themselves. It has to be a cake walk for the passengers using Paine Field with just one airline using it. No waiting in long TSA lines etc. Willing to bet passengers love it and are willing to pay the extra ticket prices involved with ALK enduring all the cost to run out of Paine Field...

Latest posts