Alcoa Signs Agreement With American Air

Bill puts his 8 hours in doing the Red Cross Blood Drive, The United Way Solicitation, The Employee Activity Association, the PLT, ALT, JACC, and BLT. Then stops by the work area to insure someone has completed his job assignment, if not RAT HIM OUT TO MANAGEMENT FOR F'ing OFF! Then it's off the Union Hall Sign Factory to chug a few beers and make some political signs, then off to Hooters for an Officers Meeting to save the problems of the Base, the Middle East, and the rest of the World. Then on the way home, stop by the bank to after hours deposit the latest TWU/AA Lost Time Paycheck.

Cut o'le Bill some slack guys, he is working very hard for you and you just fail to appreciate it.

What does that have to do with 1,389 people gone since March 2004 and never replaced with recalls? :huh:
<_< ----Sorry, I apparently misunderstood the post! But the protection thing still holds true! I've heard that TUL. has a surplus of people that aa doesn't know what to do with! This may be true, or it may be just talk on the floor, but more than a few people feel this is one of the main reasons we can't get people back off the street while aa is increasing our work load. 26 have gone out the door since the first of the year! Now that might not sound like a lot to some people, but when your dealing with less that four hundred to begin with, that's a sizable number! ;)

<_< --- Ever wonder where this is all going? I hear STL maybe losing it's "B" CHK! Hope I'm hearing wrong! Heard they were going to reduce head count by 18 heads! They got 25 "Stand in Steads" in stead! Again, I hope I'm hearing wrong! Some might say, who cares! They're just ex TWAers anyway? But, stop a minute! Where's this all going?????

<_< --- Ever wonder where this is all going? I hear STL maybe losing it's "B" CHK! Hope I'm hearing wrong! Heard they were going to reduce head count by 18 heads! They got 25 "Stand in Steads" in stead! Again, I hope I'm hearing wrong! Some might say, who cares! They're just ex TWAers anyway? But, stop a minute! Where's this all going?????

25 "Stand in Steads" for 18 spots, sounds like there are plenty of ex-TWAers ready to retire and just waiting for the best package.

I remember how we were hearing about the stellar performence of St Louis and we warned that performence meant nothing. As their reward they were sent to the street or to live in a basement apartment in Quens New York that they share with four other guys for $1800/month.

I remember how we were hearing about the stellar performence of St Louis and we warned that performence meant nothing. As their reward they were sent to the street or to live in a basement apartment in Quens New York that they share with four other guys for $1800/month.

Bob, with the continued decline of STL, what do you expect? I guess AA should just keep an oversizede maintenance presence in STL to save jobs?

Bob, with the continued decline of STL, what do you expect? I guess AA should just keep an oversizede maintenance presence in STL to save jobs?
<_< ----- The reality of this is, with the rest of aa maintenance "protected", aa is going after those that are not! ExTWAers! Thank you TWU!!!I could call this discrimination! aa calls it good business! But watch your backsides! We still have a lawsuit pending!! :angry:

<_< ----- The reality of this is, with the rest of aa maintenance "protected", aa is going after those that are not! ExTWAers! Thank you TWU!!!I could call this discrimination! aa calls it good business! But watch your backsides! We still have a lawsuit pending!! :angry:

Right, and if it ever gets to the Federal level, it gets tossed because FEDERALLY APPOINTED ARBITRATOR BY THE NAME OF KASHER RULED ALREADY!

PILOTS LOST AS DID THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS
IN COURT AS DID THE THE GATE AGENTS.

IAM AGREED AS DID THE TWU TO BINDING ARBITRATION.

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE ORIGINALL AAERS TO GET THE COUNTER SUIT BACK IN MOTIOIN!

Right, and if it ever gets to the Federal level, it gets tossed because FEDERALLY APPOINTED ARBITRATOR BY THE NAME OF KASHER RULED ALREADY!

PILOTS LOST AS DID THE FLIGHT ATTENDANTS
IN COURT AS DID THE THE GATE AGENTS.

IAM AGREED AS DID THE TWU TO BINDING ARBITRATION.

I THINK IT IS TIME FOR THE ORIGINALL AAERS TO GET THE COUNTER SUIT BACK IN MOTIOIN!
<_< ----- Easy Hopeless! You don't have to shout! All I can say is time will tell! You may be right! That still doesn't change anything! I stand by my statement! B)

<_< ----- Easy Hopeless! You don't have to shout! All I can say is time will tell! You may be right! That still doesn't change anything! I stand by my statement! B)

The arbitrator process was set up by the government so the court system would not be clogged with labor issues.
Kasher ruled what he deemed FAIR and EQUITABLE.
All we hear is how the former TWA people have a pending lawsuit and "how good it looks."

The issue was ruled on by a federally appointed person.

Where did the pilot and flight attendnant and gate agents lawsuits go? They were thrown out WITHOUT the provisions of Allegheny Mohawk.

Go back and read the latest judges ruling on your lawsuit.
It has to go back the DRC (dispute resolution commitee) with Kasher AGAIN.

By the way, it's about time you figured my name "Hopeful" to be a sarcastic one. You're damn right I am "hopeless" about this industry.....damn right!

Why would they bother getting rid of it? It really doesnt mean anything,since the TWU has already demonstrated that they are willing to roll the date back to whatever management demands anyhow and they still have the cushion of all you ex-TWA guys.

How is your lawsuit going? Like I said a long time ago if the contract says that layoffs are done by seniority and the company granted guys with less seniority than you system protection then you are Grandfathered in, how can they lay off a guy with more seniority? Seniority as lay off protection was one of the cornerstones of the labor movement. Prior to unions, companies would often lay off the more senior, higher paid, workers first in order to maximize cost cutting, seniority systems put a stop to that.But then again we are talking about the TWU,which is more like an employee financed HR Dept than a union. I'll bet the TWA guys from MCI sure are glad that they helped kill off the last AMFA drive now.
<_< --- Bob,--- The lawsuit, is doing just fine thank you! It was brought by one for your own! A person from New York! Go's to Jury in OCT., or Nov. As for Seniority, yes that was the corner Stone of Unionism! But the TWU/ aa has made a mockery of it now! As for protection from lay off, I believe it's just another way to circumvent the Seniority System! As for killing off the AMFA drive, look to TUL and AA with their phony list of employees!---- Bob, I know you don't have much use for exTWAer's, or those of us here at MCI. But believe it or not, we do have more in common than you think! Neither one of us wanted this relationship, but here we are, and it would be to both our advantage if we could work together, when we can, to get reed of this thing they call a Union! ;)

What AA should do is FARM OUT all maintence and that way all of the Mechanics, both native aa and extwa'ers would be put out of their misery. JMHO.

Come on BOB, let me have it.

Back