Alcoa Signs Agreement With American Air

<_< ----Hackman, This last post of yours tells it all! I can see by it that, when you want to avoid an issue, you tend to try to demean, and, or, exaggerate! The emphasis is on "exaggerate"! By inferring that the C.I.P. program is simply "cabin work" tells me either that your ignorant of what the program really consists of, or your trying to belittle it! The program consists of 70% Avionics, 20% General AMT, and about 10% Metalwork! And 100% awareness of what your doing! Let me point out that AFW had their crack at it, and couldn't hack it! They gladly let it go to MCI because they thought it was a red hearing, and wanted no part of the political pressure that went along with it! -----I hope that I don't bore you with all these !!!, but sometime they can express exactly what I'm saying!--- As for the "Gramps"! Yea! I'm a Grandfather, and proud of it!!!
Ok gramps, I am bored. :( "100% awareness of what your doing"??? :rolleyes: What happened to the 762 cargo inspections at MCI then??? Somebody missed a lot of serious stringer/J-cap blow outs just to get the man's A/C out on time. Sounds like the man has got you boys steppin' and fetchin' with the CIP now too??? I think AFW did the first CIP, figured out all the projects screw-ups, then management decided to give it to MCI to justify the existance of 3 maintainance bases. AA could easily consolidate into 2 bases. Being AFW has the TASEL that makes AA major $$$$, and TUL has the 514 company union boys, more than likely AFW and TUL could do it all. But who knows, not much of anything manAAgement does makes much sense.

I didn't try to demean you or anyone. I just stated facts that someone at MCI doesn't know what corrosion is, or was in a hurry for the man. I am thinking the later. If that is offensive, so be it.

Like AMFAMAN stated, why do you MCI boys hurry like you do??? Did you not learn anything from the TWA days??? Do you know blindly flailing away is dangerous and mistakes are made like that??? Congrats on your being a grand pa.
Ease up on all the !!!!!, they really are not necessary on every sentence. B)

BTW, what is a "red hearing"?

<_< ---- O.K. Hackman,I'll be the first to admit we have some real "losers" here for local management! Some aa, and some local. And it wouldn't surprise me one bet if some of what your talking about was deferred by them. We got a fresh CIP in Monday, and it seems we did the last heavy check.(Yes on a 300!) At that time our inspectors found some damaged seat floor tracks.One of our local Managers deferred it to the CIP! Now our Supervisor is going crazy because he's under the gun to get this bird out in the least amount of time possible.---- Yea! you can say we have some real jewels here!----- As for shutting down MCI, I don't think so. Unlike the millions $$$ aa is giving Perow for rent there at AFW, aa's getting this place for almost nothing. If they wanted to close this place,they would have already done it. And the City ,and aa, are fixing this old place up, to where it's actually starting to look like something again. We have two more AMT's retiring this week, and I hear a bunch more between now and June, so let's see if aa does anything about them or not.As for myself,as they say,"I'm just a few bad days between me and retirement!" So threats to shut this place down, really don't cut it with me any longer.