Alpa Apr 14 Update

Bud8EE

Advanced
Jan 14, 2004
This is Richard Obermeyer with a US Airways MEC update for Wednesday, April 14th, with one new item.

An article appears in today’s Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, for which MEC Chairman Bill Pollock is a source, that contains a sentence inaccurately interpreting Captain Pollock’s views and the MEC’s views on the pilots’ willingness to participate in the Company’s revised business plan. This article incorrectly paraphrased Captain Pollock as saying that the MEC resolution unanimously passed on February 20 means that ALPA will “do whatever it takes to return US Airways to profitability.â€

The MEC’s February 20th resolution in fact reads that, “. . . the US Airways MEC directs the Negotiating Committee to accept the invitation of the Board members and management to participate in the creation of a plan to return US Airways to profitability.â€

Additionally, Captain Pollock has said in a recent press release, “Fundamental to the restoration of our profitability is the requirement for senior management to initiate this corporate transformation by repairing US Airways’ corporate culture. Their willingness to improve the company culture . . . will ultimately determine the future of US Airways.â€

ALPA has contacted the reporter who wrote the article, and he is aware of this clarification and understands the position of the MEC and the officers as provided by the February 20th resolution.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.

Additionally, Captain Pollock has said in a recent press release, “Fundamental to the restoration of our profitability is the requirement for senior management to initiate this corporate transformation by repairing US Airways’ corporate culture. Their willingness to improve the company culture . . . will ultimately determine the future of US Airways.â€￾

I seriously doubt that Dave or Dave is very concerned with corporate culture. It's painfully obvious that these guys view their employees as a liability rather than an asset. All they seem to care about is reducing headcount, and placing many of the employees that made this airline sucessful on the street. Why else would they be so Hell bent on farming out the Airbus work? It's sad that it has come to this. The airline that I used to work for, took care of it's employees. Not so with this crowd. :(

I wonder how many pilots would vote for LOA 91 if it mean't that a 3rd party would fly three fourths of their mainline aircraft?

GeezLouis said:
I seriously doubt that Dave or Dave is very concerned with corporate culture. It's painfully obvious that these guys view their employees as a liability rather than an asset. All they seem to care about is reducing headcount, and placing many of the employees that made this airline sucessful on the street. Why else would they be so Hell bent on farming out the Airbus work? It's sad that it has come to this. The airline that I used to work for, took care of it's employees. Not so with this crowd. :(

I wonder how many pilots would vote for LOA 91 if it mean't that a 3rd party would fly three fourths of their mainline aircraft?
dude ,we have a change of heart from past posts?
it seemed before,and i may be wrong..you were a dave salesman...are you sure that you are not usa320pilot in drag?

Let's take a trip back in time........to the strike of 92.

I was watching the news and a reporter stopped a pilot and asked his opinion on the situation with the mech & related being on strike. Allow me to refresh your memory.

Fat pilot: "It's time that the mechanics wake up and smell the coffee." <_<

Open wide flyboys....time for a taste of your own medicine :lol:. Hope you like the taste of castor oil B)

It's so true....misery DOES love company. Welcome aboard :up:

Bud8EE said:
This is Richard Obermeyer with a US Airways MEC update for Wednesday, April 14th, with one new item.

An article appears in today’s Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, for which MEC Chairman Bill Pollock is a source, that contains a sentence inaccurately interpreting Captain Pollock’s views and the MEC’s views on the pilots’ willingness to participate in the Company’s revised business plan. This article incorrectly paraphrased Captain Pollock as saying that the MEC resolution unanimously passed on February 20 means that ALPA will “do whatever it takes to return US Airways to profitability.”

The MEC’s February 20th resolution in fact reads that, “. . . the US Airways MEC directs the Negotiating Committee to accept the invitation of the Board members and management to participate in the creation of a plan to return US Airways to profitability.”

Additionally, Captain Pollock has said in a recent press release, “Fundamental to the restoration of our profitability is the requirement for senior management to initiate this corporate transformation by repairing US Airways’ corporate culture. Their willingness to improve the company culture . . . will ultimately determine the future of US Airways.”

ALPA has contacted the reporter who wrote the article, and he is aware of this clarification and understands the position of the MEC and the officers as provided by the February 20th resolution.

Please remember we have 1,879 pilots on furlough.

Thank you for listening.
"are we clear?....clear."

"ARE WE CLEAR?!....crystal."

dude ,we have a change of heart from past posts?
it seemed before,and i may be wrong..you were a dave salesman

I've never been a Dave salesman. Although, I would like to see this airline survive and not liquidate - in a fleet structure, and labor force similiar to the one that existed before 911. But, the more stuff Dave pulls, the less optimistic I get.

I wouldn't want a paycut anymore than anyone else, but if pay were all that the company were after, I may be willing to give again if it mean't keeping my job and leaving my contract scope alone. But when you factor in the airbus farmout, constant job reductions and outsourcing, unlimited contract violations, and just a blatant disregard for labor, who wants to give anything.

The industry may be in turmoil, and we may need to bring our labor costs down; but we are still human beings and deserve to be treated as such. The way Siegel is going about these concessions - especially from the IAM - is just wrong. You don't callously dump hoards of years worth of loyal employees on the street while sending their work elsewhere. He's basically cutting off the hand that has feed him. This guy may be a shrewd business man, but he knows nothing about the things that make a great leader: honesty, trust, integrity, and loyalty. I think you can have these qualities and still get the job done. Dave has business skills, but no people skills. I think it's time for a changing of the gaurd.

Bottom line: Bring back the Airbus work, stop with all the outsourcing, honor our contracts, and then we'll talk. ;)

Ran into a F/A today who had the head of the Pit Airport on board. He came up to the galley and spoke with her on the problems with Pit Terminal and UsAirways. His response to her that sunk in was that DAVE IS A WHORE.

Latest posts