Alpa Responds To Pit Tribune-review

mweiss said:
QUOTE(ISP @ Feb 27 2005, 02:52 AM)
The man is a scab...
And this means he can't possibly know what he's talking about because...?

...has flown for 20 years as a non-ALPA member...

...and should be ashamed that he participates in the industry not only as a pilot, but as an analyist...

[post="251274"][/post]​

The man is a scab...
And this means he must know what he's talking about because...?

...has flown for 20 years as a non-ALPA member...

...and should be ashamed that he participates in the industry not only as a pilot, but as an analyist...

UVN, that's precisely my point. The three arguments are nothing but red herring, completely orthogonal to the question of him knowing what he's talking about.

The only reason people focus on the scab issue is because there's no other basis to try and discredit him on.

Cordle's only mistake was not requiring the paper to provide a more complete disclaimer.

John Nance used to appear all the time on CNN following an aircraft accident to provide expert commentary, and nobody ever questioned his credentials or potential conflict of interest as a captain with Alaska Airlines. I don't recall if he appeared on any of the coverage for AS261, though....

usairways_vote_NO said:
It is more then his joy to see employees have pain inflicted on them that bugs people it is his holier than thou, never wrong, know it all and post over and over (like he trying to brainwash us) mantra attitude. Not to mention him posting whatever he wants and implying that others reponses are not worth reading by saying he doesn't bother to read them.
[post="251199"][/post]​
:up:

Former ModerAAtor said:
John Nance used to appear all the time on CNN following an aircraft accident to provide expert commentary, and nobody ever questioned his credentials or potential conflict of interest as a captain with Alaska Airlines.  I don't recall if he appeared on any of the coverage for AS261, though....
[post="251341"][/post]​

Former ModerAAtor, it's an insult to compare John Nance (noted author and former Alaska Airlines Captain) and Vaughn Cordle (aka UAL scab Captain/Airline Analyst) in the same sentence. Nance is a class act; Cordle has attended one too many Gestapo Rallys. Nance comments only on TECHNICAL aspects of flying and aircraft; he has NEVER commented on airline finances. It truly is a conflict of interest for Cordle to be quoted in the media. Just consider the source...and the editors of these newspapers quoting him have not abided by journalistic integrity. They just want an anti-US Airways soundbyte. Believe me, they don't have to go to Cordle for that one; there are many more qualified and much more unbiases sources to get the facts from.

Eye

Latest posts