ALPA MEC CODE-A-PHONE UPDATE - January 28

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/29/2003 12:03:41 AM PineyBob wrote:

You know Slam & Click, I'd like to very much back off. But for the life of me I don't feel it's pilot bashing. Did they take a major haircut salary wise? YES they did! NEWS FLASH so did everyone else percentage wise.

I side with the people I come into contact everytime I fly on this airline, the front liners who take all the crap from irate PAX and horse the bags around and end up with bad backs. That is where my sympathies lie! It was all fine and dandy for the pilots to bash the mech & f/a's, now that it's time for them to take it in the shorts we are all supposed to feel different because they are in for "Round three". Some of the wage cuts will make US employees with families eligible for school lunch programs, so pardon me if I seem one sided here. I am very one sided, I watch, read and form opinions. That's why my uncle landed on Omaha beach on D-Day! To preserve my right to an opinion different than yours. That's why my dad served in the Army of Occupation in japan.

As for the arrogance statement regarding male pilots, I stand by my comments as they are based on my personal observation of military pilots. Female pilots I can't speak to, since I have met exactly two of them and one sadly was on the flight that crashed. Also I am specifically referring to the mainline jet pilots not the Express pilots who i find to friendly and open. I can not count the times I have been in an airport and said hello or Good Morning to a US Air pilot in the terminal or in the aircraft and not even been acknowledged. After all I am only a lowly customer. Even though I respect your opinions very much Slam & click on this I am afraid we will have to agree to disagree.
----------------
[/blockquote]

You have got to be kidding me? Mean old arrogant male ML pilots. So, every pilot you come across fits your description? Talk about a blanket statement. I find that 90% of ALL people are good.

PineyBob, I stand corrected...with a swagger.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/29/2003 10:45:39 PM JJRJ85 wrote:

As a regional airline pilot at another airline I find it quite funny how Chip and their felow US Air pilots are all upset about their NEW pension proposal. As a fellow ALPA member we have NO pension at the airline I work at.
----------------
[/blockquote]

To Chip and his fellow US Air Pilots,
I can't believe that you arrogant SOB mainline pilots didn't vote this RJ guy (who only gets pax by "pretending" to be mainline) a pension plan. As a matter of fact, you guys should be chastised for not voting the guys at SWA a pension, and not voting for a pension for the coal miners in Belarus. Unbelievable! Enjoy the RJ, that's where you'll stay (if the wicked U pilots don't demand to actually get to fly the jets that U sells tickets on, but then again, the nerve of those guys!!). BTW, NOTHING is preventing YOUR airline from operating 747-400's if you'd like. Just terminate your codeshare and buy them. Likewise NOTHING prevents U from flying as many 50 seat RJ's as they'd like, negotiate a rate and put U pilots in the seats. The problem arrises when YOU think YOU are ENTITLED to fly U's pax when you didn't even interview there. Your position exists only because mainline pilots foolishly drank the koolaid a few years back and allowed (with some limitations) thier company to paint your jet.

As a regional airline pilot at another airline I find it quite funny how Chip and their felow US Air pilots are all upset about their NEW pension proposal. As a fellow ALPA member we have NO pension at the airline I work at. We have been SCOPE down to a 44 seat jet airline by ALPA if we even get them, which I doubt. SCOPE down to 44 seats by our fellow mainline ALPA pilots and they wonder what the problem is? Its over the chicken has come home to roost. Start the flaming

The major airline pilots can do this flying( regional ) if want to. Nothing prevents them from doing this flying except they don't want to this flying at our pay rates. Good for them if that is what they want.Imagine that two different ALPA pilot groups at the same airline earning quite different pay rates and benifets. What a mess ALPA has created? PS Name the only airlines in the counrty making money? Southwest nonALPA /Airtran nonALPA/ JetBlue nonUnion/ case closed goodbye

So we throw the unions out, take what management decides we should get (as little as possible) and we will all be one big happy family...right?

Reality check please!

A320 Driver

SouthWest is a non-ALPA union carrier, AirTran is a non-ALPA union carrier - reality check....maybe ALPA is the problem?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/29/2003 10:45:39 PM JJRJ85 wrote:

As a regional airline pilot at another airline I find it quite funny how Chip and their felow US Air pilots are all upset about their NEW pension proposal. As a fellow ALPA member we have NO pension at the airline I work at. We have been SCOPE down to a 44 seat jet airline by ALPA if we even get them, which I doubt. SCOPE down to 44 seats by our fellow mainline ALPA pilots and they wonder what the problem is? Its over the chicken has come home to roost. Start the flaming
----------------
[/blockquote]

I don't know JJR, but what could be so funny. I don't find having a much lower pensiion proposal something to laugh about, and I am not an ALPA member. I am sure at your regional carrier, if you guys were organized enough to have negotiated a pension,or was offered one, you would not have rejected such a negotiated proposal; and a "defined" one at that. Then had it for most of your career, even as a regional flyer, only to have it terminated after you gave up 50% of your income to help save it.

If you can't step back for a moment and think about "what if it were me", then I would have to say your statement is rogue at best.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/31/2003 8:30:27 PM PITbull wrote:

[snip]
If you can't step back for a moment and think about "what if it were me", then I would have to say your statement is rogue at best.

----------------
[/blockquote]

I agree with PITbull here! Step back and think, "What if it were me..."

Frankly, I don't really care that much if the pilots have or have not come through with solidarity for other work groups.

Sure, it was annoying for some of them to tell people to quit if they didn't like the concessions (remember it wasn't just pilots who said that... I saw it here from f/a's and csa's as well--fear can really mess with the heads of good people!)

In my mind, if the pilots are getting the shaft from management, then it is my duty to offer solidarity. And not just because of an ideal of labor solidarity, but because an injury to one is an injury to all. If management can mug the pilots on the pension, it'll be that much more likely they'll mug the rest of the employee groups!

Watch each other's backs!!!!!!!

-Airlineorphan

The case might still be open but I can name alot of ALPA carriers that have gone belly up Eastern ,Pam Am Braniff various other small ALPA carriers. The problem with ALPA is their not a Union, their a country club for the elites. ALPA gives up certain flying( SCOPE language ) organize these carriers then complains when the airline companies start expanding these new regional airlines. Look at the differnce in pilot pay between major and regional carriers you don't find that extreme difference in mechanic pay at the major or regional. Have a good day